Orange Blossom Hills Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Default Orange Blossom Hills Restaurant

In the past we have enjoyed dining at OBH for a number of reasons, but mainly because you can get in in the busy winter months, and the food is good and reasonably priced. We had a bad experience a month ago when one of our party was served turkey noodle soup that was rancid. When we mentioned it to the waitress, she said she didn't think it "smelled too good".
We decided to give them a second try Saturday night (1/12/13). The service was bad (we spent over two hours there). The waitress told us three times that our food was coming up next. When the food finally arrived, two of the orders were wrong (prime rib instead of the steak that was ordered). The prime rib, which is usually very good, was tough and chewy.
The waitress never adequately explained why the food was taking too long, but she did admit to ordering the wrong food.
On our way out, the manager said she was too busy too talk to us! Unfortunately, OBH is off our list for evening dining choices. Too bad!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Sage

Maybe that's the reason you can get into it during the winter season.

Try Tierra Del Sol next!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

"The manager said she was too busy to talk to you"----that's not a good sign. Like you I've had good service and food at OB in the past but haven't been there in a while. I am amazed at the attitude of people in the "service" business sometimes!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. Myself and friends go there a few times a month and have always enjoyed the food and never had an issue with any of the staff. I was told early in life not to judge a person with only one meeting, maybe the manager that night was having other issues in her life and they were spilling over to her work.
Obviously, if you've ever tried to get into OBH on a Friday night for their fish fry, you would see how many enjoy the food there by the waiting line outside - same for the Sunday morning buffet. Even the best of restaurants goof up at times. I will continue my dining at OBH and again sorry for your bad experience.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Default bad steak

We went to OBH for the steak too. It was tasteless, no seasoning at all.I ordered prime rib and my husband had the new york strip. Not only tasteless but tough also. The baked potatoes tasted like they were cooked the day before. We will not go back
Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

There are some people that like their steaks seasoned, and that's fine, But there are those of us who usually don't want it seasoned and prefer the natural flavor of the steak itself. On the occasions when I'm in the mood for seasoning, I always have the option of adding salt and/or pepper, or if I know they don't season, I can always ask for it to be kicked up a notch. On the other hand if I'm served a seasoned up steak and don't want it that way, what can I do, wash it off; feed it to the dog I don't have? Don't think so! So bottom line for me personally, I'm thankful for the chef that doesn't season steaks and gives me the chance to get it the way I want it too!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-31-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exohio View Post
In the past we have enjoyed dining at OBH for a number of reasons, but mainly because you can get in in the busy winter months, and the food is good and reasonably priced. We had a bad experience a month ago when one of our party was served turkey noodle soup that was rancid. When we mentioned it to the waitress, she said she didn't think it "smelled too good".
We decided to give them a second try Saturday night (1/12/13). The service was bad (we spent over two hours there). The waitress told us three times that our food was coming up next. When the food finally arrived, two of the orders were wrong (prime rib instead of the steak that was ordered). The prime rib, which is usually very good, was tough and chewy.
The waitress never adequately explained why the food was taking too long, but she did admit to ordering the wrong food.
On our way out, the manager said she was too busy too talk to us! Unfortunately, OBH is off our list for evening dining choices. Too bad!

If you want to go to OBH I strongly suggest you go for lunch and have a Silver Lake Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing. Would not recommend going there for dinner. There's a reason the meals are cheap. A couple of servers there are great. Unfortunately, a number of them, including hostesses, display an "I don't give a dam" attitude. This also is not on my personal short list of places to go.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

cheap....the second most magical word in TV right behind no. one.....FREE!!!!!!!

btk
Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM

We took OBH off our list because it is not very clean. Look up at the ceiling fans next time you visit and look at the grime on the chairs!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steaknife View Post
We took OBH off our list because it is not very clean. Look up at the ceiling fans next time you visit and look at the grime on the chairs!
I have noticed that as well. The entire place needs to be updated and cleaned up...especially degreased. I won't eat there and I live in Silver Lake!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

well, folks sure like the auce thurs nite crab legs special! ran out of crab legs a week ago - served 400 lbs of them!!!!!! our party got our share! and others in the party enjoyed their generous serving of chicken parm!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Gold member
Default OBH Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
I have noticed that as well. The entire place needs to be updated and cleaned up...especially degreased. I won't eat there and I live in Silver Lake!
I too was once a regular customer but haven't been to the restaurant for a year. Why ?? The dining area is just not very clean. Our last visit was for a breakfast buffet, a lady who was evidently a kitchen employee came out to check on the food bar. She had a type of sweat shirt on and it was absolutely filthy, her hair was stringing down and sweat pouring from her brow as she reached across the food bar. We left pronto !!!! I cannot understand why the developer has not made upgrading this restaurant a priority. I know and like the person who apparently is only leasing the building.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.