Out of the bubble eating

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Default Out of the bubble eating

Went to Stumpknockers on the river.great place to go,wonderful hole in the wall independent spot. 1$ draft beers full bar,tiki bar outdoors , lots of seating, we got there at 4pm on a Tuesday . When we left at 5:30 place was jammed pack. Melinda was a great waitress, wife had never had gator, she brought a sample, we ordered catfish filets ,they were wonderful lightly battered fried to profection. Great Cajun soup. Not a houty touty spot at all. Lots of locals. If you are looking for huge wine collection this is not your spot, you can get some 2 buck chuck or cold can of budweiser. Enjoy a meal outside the bubble.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Gold member

Just looked up this place online. Will definitely try the location on the water.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

We ate there a few weeks ago. It was delicious, best cat fish I've ever had.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

We went there for first time on Father's day with three other couples. Husband and I had their fried catfish and it was wonderful! Others had blackened catfish (tell them to go light if you don't like real spicy) and stuffed flounder. No complaints from anyone. We plan to go back and it is the kind of place our friends and family would like. As was stated, no frills but we are not "frilly" people. We went in between lunch and dinner as well and had no problem being seated with eight but when we left the outside was packed and there was a line for inside. I believe Capt Mike's pontoon boat excursion business is located there as well.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Sage

The catfish looks good, the stuffed flounder is okay, but I'd stay away from the "alligator" steak. They were all fried batter with little identifiable alligator.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 AM

One of our favorite places to take visiting firmen, and the frog legs are superb! Two locations and have tried both. Atmosphere on the river is neat for visitors. Kinda makes you think of "old Fla"..
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.