RJ Gators

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default RJ Gators

RJ Gators is the place we like to stop in when we're just bummin' around and are anywhere near Lake Sumter. Garbage nachos and a pitcher of beer, mmmmmmmmmmmm.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: RJ Gators

Agree with you Golfnut. RJ Gators has always been a good in our experience. Have they brought the grouper back? The last 3-4 times we were there, they had it on the menu but said due to shortages, they're not serving it anymore. Everywhere else that had it on the menu said they knew nothing about a shortage. Oh well, can't have everything
Old 08-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member

They told us they weren't allowed to serve it because some supplier was passing off some cheaper stuff as Grouper and they had to pull it from the menu until it was straightened out. They have lots of other good stuff on their menu!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Anyone else have an opinion on Gators?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Guess I won't have a problem getting a table then.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Eternal Member

I like it there and usually stop in when I'm around. So unfortunately I'll only be competing for that table a couple of times a year! Next year sometime though that will change.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Veteran member

When I was down in August there was no wait for a table. The seafood dishes were very good and the beer was cold. When down I plan to go there again.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut
Anyone else have an opinion on Gators?
How's the alligator tail?

Think I had the mahi mahi at RJ Gators. They called it a shark sandwich or something like that. Thought it was rather average as far as mahi mahi goes.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:57 AM

R J Gaitors is rubbish - rubbish food - rubbish service - took some guests there on a sunday eve - treated like we didn't exist . food was total c...p ! Won't go back EVER !!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1946
R J Gaitors is rubbish - rubbish food - rubbish service - took some guests there on a sunday eve - treated like we didn't exist . food was total c...p ! Won't go back EVER !!!!
Gee Mike, your answer was a little vague. Could you spell it out a little more clearly. ;D
Old 10-09-2007, 07:08 PM

When we first arrive in TV we frequented RJ Gators weekly and even earned enough points on their V.I.G. card and received the $10 dinner award. We loved their fish and chips which used to be the grouper and then I believe it was some type of white fish that was substituted due to the shortage of grouper. The substitued fish tasted good and the servings were still large. We haven't been there in quite some time because relatives that rent every winter went there in March and received what they described as something that looked liked Mrs. Paul's frozen square fish patties when they ordered the fish and chips.

Does anyone know why they changed what they serve as fish and chips?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

Hey "mikey" could be you and your attitude. Ya think? :dontknow:
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Hi Chuckster ...don't really think so ..we eat in loadsa places all over TV and outside TV and have bundles of good stories to tell of delicious meals and fabulous service and great ambiance ...many Villages eateries will stand on their heads to give you good service and good food and (hopefully) at great prices ...I'm a very easy going guy and will never give anyone a hard time ..unless it is RICHLY deserved e.g. if the food is bad don't take it out on the server !! it's not her/his fault ..they can only serve what the kitchen produce ...if the food looked as if it was good once but is now stone cold ...it's probably the servers fault ...in all occasions you should quietly and politely ask to see the manager and explain the situation ...I tried this at RJ G and was almost told to P... off ...hence my comment !!

Would welcome any feed back that you have re-RJG ...maybe they've cleaned up their act ?? should I give them another go ?? ...my last visit (the one I'm talking about) was in March this year ....I now go to Up the Creek ..next door where I have never had a bad experience and have only recommendations for it !!! No Attitude ...just want what I pay for !!!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Veteran member

We've never had a bad experience at RJGs except for the flimsy excuse for no Grouper. On the other hand, we went to the Up The Creek in N. Atlanta and said afterwards that we wouldn't go back if they offered us free meals. Afterwards, we had occasion to visit Up The Creek in TV and it was great. As Usual, it's the management that makes the difference. A good example is McDonald's vs. Chick Fillet. On most occasions, (only when I have no choice) when visiting a McDs anywhere in the country, the help couldn't care less about the customer and a lot of instances, they're down right surly. Go to A Chick Fillet and the chances of encountering an employee with a bad attitude are next to nil. It's the management.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.