Patience is a virtue!

Closed Thread
Old 09-08-2021, 11:08 AM

Smile, talk to me, check on my water, drink, food, show some interest and you'll get a good tip 30%, ignore me, be rude, make me get my own water refill and you'll get a bad tip and note explaining why, 5% or less. It's easy, treat me like you would want if you went out to dinner and you'll do well. I drink water so I can give you the $10.00 tip instead of ordering alcohol. I can't tell you how many times a waitress will assume I'm cheap because I drink water and then ignore me or be curt and rude. I have regular wait staff that know me and love having me in their sections. My point is treat people well and you'll be treated well with good tips. It isn't always the grumpy entitled Villagers fault the tip is bad, it often times is the servers attitude and preconceived idea of Viillagers.
Old 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

"But doesn't the wait staff at most restaurants pool their tips, which would mitigate that theory???? "

if i get the same server i like, i will quietly ASK them if they do pool the tips, in which case my tip is cash discreetly hand delivered before leaving. i'm talking about the same waitstaff you see often & get really good service from. i've found the area diners & such do not pool them, as with Bob Evans. there is 1 gal there who does an excellent job & sweet personality.
Old 09-08-2021, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
That’s one of nicest posts I’ve seen on here and very wise advise about tipped I’ve always been an over tipper and have added more since they opened up again , I also gave all of stimulus money out in $100 bills to favorite wait staff , bar staff , gym employees and anyone else that I came in contact with in day to day living who lost there job and paid my cleaning person not to come during our initial lockdowns period , that’s what it was for , stimulus not to put into savings
The "Ole Boy" is also a generous tipper, and we both agree that we need to "amp it up" during this trying time.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:52 PM

Tipped employees in FL make less than $3 an hour!
Old 09-08-2021, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsachs View Post
Tipped employees in FL make less than $3 an hour!
Nope, almost double that... Once you add tips, it's much more...

"If a tipped employee does not make up the difference between the lower wage ($5.63/hour) and the state minimum wage ($8.65/hour) in tips, the employer is responsible for making up the difference."

Tipped Wages in Florida | Fort Lauderdale Wage & Hour Lawyers

-Tom Petty
Old 09-09-2021, 07:19 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
What????
I never understand your post.
Sorry, but keep trying.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:32 AM

Let's also consider being patient for those who appear impatient. You do not know what personal stresses they are experiencing.

From the tone of the OP's post, I wonder how much patience they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc582 View Post
An important part of The Villages life style is to enjoy various activities. Of which eating out is probably at the top for most Villagers. We have different options as to where we go for food and drinks, country clubhouses and all the restaurants in the different Squares. In The Villages, despite some of the ravage caused by the Covid virus, we’ve been blessed with a return to much normalcy with the reopening of all of our restaurants. Yet, all restaurants had a tough time staying in business during the malevolence of Covid. More importantly, too many restaurants have barely recovered with employees shortage. As such, while being reopened, gaining back customers traffic, their service is often slower and hectic THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIRS. Here is where the Villagers have an important role to play while they enjoy their outings to restaurants - BE PATIENT! Most of the Villagers are retired so what is the freaking rush. We should all be appreciative for the restaurants employees who are choosing to return to work to serve us. They all deserves kudos. And by the way, most of us, as Villagers Retirees, could afford showing our appreciation to the restaurants workers with a more generous tips. Face the music, the old days, pre Covid, are gone so we must adapt or stay home.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, villagers, covid, return, important

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.