Peachwave Frozen Yogurt

Closed Thread
Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Gold member
Default Peachwave Frozen Yogurt

We went to Peachwave Frozen Yogurt, next door to Cici's in Colony Plaza tonight. It's brand new and it's great!
They have 16 flavors of frozen yogurt and just about any topping you can imagine. It's self service, which is new for me with frozen anything. You grab a cup, pull the lever for your favorite flavor or flavors, add the toppings then place your cup on a scale at the checkout. You pay by the weight of your yogurt.
We've been watching the progress on the shop for awhile, wonder when it would ever open. It was worth the wait.
The only negative is that it might be a little too close to our home in St. Charles. It could get to be a habit. At least the yogurt choices are non-fat or low fat.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Sage

Is it all berry and citrus kind of flavored yogurt or do they have staples like vanilla, chocolate, etc.?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Russ, u have to expand your horizons, BTW where did u get the impression it is only beery and citrus (but if I had to guess I'd say they have the staples)...gn
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 PM

I'll be there first thing tomorrow ! With the increase in gas prices I was having to cut out some of my visits to Ollies, but this is in my back yard. Didn't see any thing about sugar free flavors, so will have to see how that works out. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
Is it all berry and citrus kind of flavored yogurt or do they have staples like vanilla, chocolate, etc.?

Thanks!
They have vanilla, chocolate and 14 others. Wow!
I have a serious weakness for ice cream and this is pretty darned close.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8tpw View Post
I'll be there first thing tomorrow ! With the increase in gas prices I was having to cut out some of my visits to Ollies, but this is in my back yard. Didn't see any thing about sugar free flavors, so will have to see how that works out. Fingers crossed.
I didn't notice any sugar free flavors but I really wasn't looking.
If you like I'll do a recon mission tomorrow. It'll be a big sacrifice but I'm willing to take a round for the group.
I'm goin' in!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Sage

I tried it out earlier this week. They had coffee flavored, vanilla cupcake, peanut butter, white chocolate cheesecake and a few other non-berry, non-citrus flavors.

Cost was 39c/oz I think.

Very similar setup to the High Five ice cream store up in the strip center in front of Walmart on 466. But, I liked the texture and flavor of the frozen yogurt at PeachWave much better than High Five. Probably a personal taste choice.

They were smart to open at the beginning of warm weather season. I wish them well. That's got to be a tough business to be successful.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Sage

High Five Yoghurt on CR 466 offers many choices and almost all are low fat.
People go there for a low calorie dessert and then add a handful of nuts and chocolate!

I really preferred the yoghurt shop on 466 that closed because you could get the yoghurt in a plain cone. I find that eating yoghurt in a plastic container is much less fun than holding a cone!
Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 AM

I read the sign by the front door at Peachwave. It explains how the the lactobacteria in yogurt is good for your colon. After reading this information I realized that I should frequent this store at least two or three times a week (for the benefit of my colon). And, I suppose we can deduct the cost of the yogurt as a medical expense on our federal income taxes since it is a medical treatment of sorts. Save your receipts!!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Platinum member

We were there the other night. Looks like a nice place but NO CONES! I like my CONES!
Tampa, FL
Old 03-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
Russ, u have to expand your horizons, BTW where did u get the impression it is only beery and citrus (but if I had to guess I'd say they have the staples)...gn
I know I'm not a fan of the flavors they have at Ambrosia (orange creme etc.). It sounds like this place will be more to my liking
Old 03-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I know I'm not a fan of the flavors they have at Ambrosia (orange creme etc.). It sounds like this place will be more to my liking
Russ - and here I thought I was the only one! The stuff at Ambrosia is lactose free (important for some) - but people seem to think it is also calorie free. Not really...

Anyway, I love frozen yogurt - usually with fruit added... and it is right in the hood.

If they don't have sugar free, ASK! Of the three houses at the end of our street, two of the three have one person who is diabetic... I would think that would have great potential for them.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Platinum member

They do have sugar free AND fat free, but couldn't find sugar free and fat free in the same yogurt.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-05-2011, 11:20 AM

One would believe that they would have at least one sugar free flavor, based on their market, and I am not afraid to ASK. As a matter fact I think that is just where I am headed as I sign off - need a haircut anyway.....
Old 03-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Gold member

I'm with Chopper, I think it could be a medical issue so I also will need to go there at least 3 times a week !!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.