Piesanos ?

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

My favorite pizza is at Sammy Joe's at Mulberry Plaza, however it's 11 miles from where I live and I usually don't have any other stops in the area. Since it is a bit of a drive I started going to Flippers at Traverse when it opened. The pizza was OK, not great not bad. When Roberto's opened we tried it three times since it's ten minutes from our home, first time they put banana peppers instead of green peppers, ruined the flavor. We had accepted the pizza because we had waited an hour for a carryout on opening day. We gave them another chance and ate on the premises and the pizza was good. Went back a third time and the pizza was awful, overcooked very hard crust and the bottom was stiff. Couldn't bend it like previously.

Piesanos we tried and ate on the premises. Great pizza, better than all the others including Mallory, Bravo, Flippers, maybe not as good as Sammy Joe's but not as far away and a lot better atmosphere than Sammy Joe's.
Old 09-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Or Regina’s in the North End?
We stood in line for an hour one night just to get in.
così buono
Old 09-14-2019, 04:06 PM

Got a cheese pizza there last night (to go). If you're from New York or North Jersey, you might think that you were having a Pizza Hut pizza. Nice amount of cheese but, nothing really noteworthy about the flavor. Pizza sauce was bland. Crust was ok. But, I would expect more from a $14 large pie. Still, I might go back if I have a coupon :-)
Old 09-14-2019, 05:43 PM

Chicken Parmesan was very good but pizza is definitely not NY style.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3461 View Post
Got a cheese pizza there last night (to go). If you're from New York or North Jersey, you might think that you were having a Pizza Hut pizza. Nice amount of cheese but, nothing really noteworthy about the flavor. Pizza sauce was bland. Crust was ok. But, I would expect more from a $14 large pie. Still, I might go back if I have a coupon :-)
Do u come from NY or NJ?
Old 09-16-2019, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Do u come from NY or NJ?
I am from NJ and think Paisanos is the best pizza in the are. I ordered it thin and crispy and loved it. Returning there this week.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Platinum member

I love Piesano’s and I’m from NY.

We ate there and the eggplant parmesan was so good.

I love their pizza. Just got one from takeout tonight and it was delicious.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 AM

There seems to be two pizza places that are being referenced in this thread, Paisanos and Piesanos. We tried a take out Paisanos a few days ago and it was okay, going to try Piesanos today and compare the two.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:55 PM

Went to Piesanos at 44 and 468 today for the first time. We are pretty much happy with everything, restaurant, staff, food, service...
Old 09-26-2019, 06:33 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

So, I went to Piesanos this week and ordered a medium supreme with pepperoni, sausage, green pepper, mushroom on thin crust. I agree with previous comments that the pizza tasted "dry". Very little if any sauce and the taste was rather bland. Not sure I'll be back as I've had better at Flippers.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Everyone has different tastes. I love Piesanos and I do not like Flippers. I thought Flippers was awful.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:46 PM
Veteran member

We went there tonight, or should I say, afternoon, because when we tried to get in there, around 5 PM, back in August, it was so crowded we didn't get out of the car. This afternoon we got there at about 4:15 PM and got the last inside table. They also have outside seating. With that said, we thought they had the best pizza and shrimp scampi dish in The Villages, and we've tried almost all of them. We will be back, even if it's just for takeout, if it's too crowded. Good service too!

I would suggest they open another one, or two.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:24 PM
Veteran member

We just tried Piesano's for the first time, ordering one of their pizzas and we did enjoy it. We plan to go back and try an entree or two.

In terms of a review, we got there around 4:30 and had a 20 minute wait for a table for two. We left feedback that the hostess needs to talk to the people she is seating, not the table. My wife has scary good hearing and could barely make out that she was mentioning a special whereas I couldn't hear a thing (my wife would say situation normal...but that is for another discussion....) Our server was very friendly and attentive. Before I forget, the restrooms were clean (yes we check).

The pizza was cooked very much to our liking and was nice and hot out of the oven. The crust was slightly crispy and the toppings were good (not great) in quantity.

Another poster mentioned that pizza is a personal choice and I wholeheartedly agree. We don't care for Giovanni's and while Flippers is good in our opinion, they seem to be the stingiest with toppings on their pizzas. Another factor to consider is price and how it may/may not affect the frequency that you order. We ordered a large gourmet pizza (the Palermo Special) at $19.99. Originally we planned to order a large cheese with three specific toppings, but each topping is $2.79 extra, so the original pizza we were going to order would have been $22.36. Frankly there are other pizza places which we enjoy at much less cost. So yes, we will go back, and if you haven't tried it, give it a go and decide if their pizza/food is to YOUR liking.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Everyone has different tastes. I love Piesanos and I do not like Flippers. I thought Flippers was awful.
Closed Thread

Tags
review--, waiting, piesanos

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.