Pint of Sam Adams $1.68

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Platinum member
Default Pint of Sam Adams $1.68

While wandering South of 466A today I found myself in front of Bonifay CC. It was 4:30 PM and too early to eat so I settled for an ice cold pint of Sam Adams. I was surprised they had Sammy on tap and even more surprised when I saw the price. It's not fair to compare but before we left NY, a pint of Guinness outside Grand Central was $10. Life is pretty good in these Villages. Hope it never changes.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
While wandering South of 466A today I found myself in front of Bonifay CC. It was 4:30 PM and too early to eat so I settled for an ice cold pint of Sam Adams. I was surprised they had Sammy on tap and even more surprised when I saw the price. It's not fair to compare but before we left NY, a pint of Guinness outside Grand Central was $10. Life is pretty good in these Villages. Hope it never changes.
A Sam for $1.68?? Life really is good!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
It's fair to compare, but your basic comparison is not fair. Grand Central (Terminal) for those not familiar with NYC, is in the "high rent district" (Manhattan) of New York City.

I will check tomorrow to see what a pint of Guiness goes for outside of NYC (50 miles north). It won't be anywhere close to 10 bucks.

I know it's not Guiness, but I paid $1.59 for a pint of Coors the other day in a gas station/convenience store.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Could it be that the price was reduced because it was happy hour? I know we hit there around the beginning of happy hour and I believe, IIRC that the Yingling we ordered was half the normal price. The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Could it be that the price was reduced because it was happy hour? The Villages Florida
Yes, it was happy hour pricing, 2-6 PM every day. I'm just so tired of seeing only the usual Bud, Bud Light, and Yuengling on tap that it was a nice surprise for a change.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 AM

Does anywhere in TV do Guinness on tap?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Try Arnold Palmer Country Club
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
WOW - When I saw the title of the thread, I thought someone was going to be complaining. I find that price is cheap. Up in CT, a pint of Sam Adams goes for $3.50 to $4 or so. You always have to pay a little more for top self drinks.

I remember having a draft beer in Katie Belles and it was $1.10. Life's good.

Bottoms up.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-26-2012, 09:36 AM

Bonifay serves Guiness on tap and I believe it's $4.00/pint.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.