Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2015, 07:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Nice surprise. Went to Mallory Hill CC Sat night with friends. Looked thru menu during the 30 min wait. I finally decided on a pizza - they have an authentic brick pizza oven near the front and saw at least 8 people come in and walk out with pizza boxes -some had 5-, take out.
Asked the server how the Philly Cheesesteak pizza was, 'course he said great. They had about 10 pizza selections or build-your-own. Was hesitant to try the Philly as it had Alfredo sauce, not marinara. I felt bold...

Entrees and my pizza came 15 min later. The pizza was OMG good. So flavorful yummo with that really nice browned woodoven crust. Brought 1/2 home and had for lunch yesterday.

Three Thumbs up for MHCC pizza - BTW it was about $10. Will go again. Soon.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Nice surprise. Went to Mallory Hill CC Sat night with friends. Looked thru menu during the 30 min wait. I finally decided on a pizza - they have an authentic brick pizza oven near the front and saw at least 8 people come in and walk out with pizza boxes -some had 5-, take out.
Asked the server how the Philly Cheesesteak pizza was, 'course he said great. They had about 10 pizza selections or build-your-own. Was hesitant to try the Philly as it had Alfredo sauce, not marinara. I felt bold...

Entrees and my pizza came 15 min later. The pizza was OMG good. So flavorful yummo with that really nice browned woodoven crust. Brought 1/2 home and had for lunch yesterday.

One of their daily lunch specials is three slices of cheese pizza, soup or salad, and soft drink/iced tea for $8. Very good.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Little Joey's is pretty good as is NYPD. Belleview Pizza is ok, nothing more. Hungry Howie's is joke. I did find one that is every bit as good as anything in Brooklyn. I'll try it a time or two more to check for consistency before i recommend them. So far this is excellent pizza.
Please let us know. Don't forget. Forget it. Tell me NOW!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Default Pizza

My two favorites are Flippers at SS and NYPD on 466. Different types of pizza but I really like both.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
One of their daily lunch specials is three slices of cheese pizza, soup or salad, and soft drink/iced tea for $8. Very good.
our first choice for several years now.......the best in the area...
Old 03-31-2015, 10:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

I took your suggestion and tried it and it was fabulous. Everyone at my table loved it. I went home hungry. They ate it all,,but will order it again just for me (I hope).
Old 04-04-2015, 09:57 PM

Flippers has real high quality pizza. Most of the other joints use cheap cheese, sauce out of a gallon can and the cheapest ingredients. Flippers is far above the others and that's why they always win the polls for best Pizza in all of Central Florida.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Sage

I also vote for The Blue Door in Ocala. We were in the art museum and asked staff members where to go. That's how we found it. I liked the garlic flat bread, that tastes like pizza to me at Flippers. I forget what they call it.

I was buying the garlic flat bread, in the pizza freezer at Aldi's when it was available. At home I would cook it with all kinds of toppings and was very happy. I suppose it was a bit greasy and garlicky but I could sop up the oil with a paper towel and the more garlic the better for me.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:49 PM

Yes. We are from NY and find Flippers in Spanish Springs the closest to NY pizza you will find down here. We have taken many people there as well and they have ALL said it is the best pizza they have had down here. Great Pizza!
Old 04-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha View Post
Flippers has real high quality pizza. Most of the other joints use cheap cheese, sauce out of a gallon can and the cheapest ingredients. Flippers is far above the others and that's why they always win the polls for best Pizza in all of Central Florida.
What polls would that be?
Old 04-05-2015, 08:37 AM
Gold member

Sam's Club's pizza is as good as any of the others.
Old 04-05-2015, 09:04 AM

How about those of us who like thick pizza ?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.