Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2020, 07:19 AM
Smile Pizza

Who has the best pizza South of 466 ????? P.S. And why.....
Old 05-10-2020, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,707 Times in 5,240 Posts

Piesanos

Why? I guess because it tastes good.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Gio's. Oxford. Route 301 near Wawa. It's My Choice. It's so good 2 slices and I'm done. Ok, maybe 3 or 4.

Your taste???? Who knows. You may have to suffer as we all did. I've had pizza that was truly tasted like Cardboard with Catsup! It's fun to search around on your own. There is Good, Bad, and Fugly!

The only Pizza we ever had delivered was one with, sit down. PINEAPPLE. That is just not right!
Old 05-10-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage

Gio's is good. But, just to be picky, it is north of Rt 466.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

Mallory Hill CC south of 466, NYPD north of 466....
Old 05-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Piesanos

Why? I guess because it tastes good.

I agree.

I do like Mallory too.............depends on what type of atmosphere you are looking for any given day/night.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Gio's. Oxford. Route 301 near Wawa. It's My Choice. It's so good 2 slices and I'm done. Ok, maybe 3 or 4.
Gio is short for Giovanni, so why don't you just go to his original location in the Southern Trace Shopping Center. They have great prices as well, lunch time spaghetti & meat sauce, salad and bread for $6.99. I've been eating there for 9 years and I don't how they do it. His brother Roberto at Pinellas Plaza charges almost twice the price. Technically it's also north of 466 or could say, it's on 466.

South of 466 you have Bravo Pizza at LSL, which a lot of people really like, it's mostly known for dinning in since it's harder to get to. You have the new place, Piesano's Stone Fired Pizza at Lake Deaton Plaza, I call it Rohan, that makes it easier to find. They are very good. You have Mallory Country Club, which is also brick oven, it's a little fancier since you're sitting in a country club restaurant with table cloths. You have Roberto's at Pinellas Plaza, which I mentioned earlier, I've it 3 times, twice good, once bad. You the normal places that deliver from Wildwood, Pizza Hut, Dominoe's, Papa John's and Hungry Howie, I would say Pizza Hut is the best of the bunch. You have a couple of Italian Restaurants that offer pizza, Ricciardi's at Brownwood which was good, but the last time I got one, they only had one size and it was $10, it wasn't enough to eat. What makes that odd is this is their only sit-down restaurant, in Orlando they are a chain of pizza places, so you would think they would specialize in pizza. Then there is Mezza Luna at Colony, I use to go when they opened 6 or 7 years ago, but it seemed to have gone down hill and now I never see any cars and wonder how they stay in business. There is Sammy's on 301 in the shopping center across from Lucky U Cycles. I had it once, one waitress and a dinning room full of people, it looked like a nice place, but understaffed. The pizza had the condiments under the cheese, I just didn't like it at all. I guess my choice would be Giovanni's at Southern Trace. If we weren't limited by location, I would go to Sammy Joe's at Mullberry Plaza at the north end of TV, I have their thin pizza probably 30 times even though I have to drive 12 miles to get there, but it's not the greatest dinning experience, the place is small, tables are small, TV's are impossible to see, but it's very good.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeennyy View Post
Who has the best pizza South of 466 ????? P.S. And why.....
Piezannos in my book. Load it up (American veggie) and make it health food
Old 05-10-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Gio is short for Giovanni, so why don't you just go to his original location in the Southern Trace Shopping Center. They have great prices as well, lunch time spaghetti & meat sauce, salad and bread for $6.99. I've been eating there for 9 years and I don't how they do it. His brother Roberto at Pinellas Plaza charges almost twice the price. Technically it's also north of 466 or could say, it's on 466.

South of 466 you have Bravo Pizza at LSL, which a lot of people really like, it's mostly known for dinning in since it's harder to get to. You have the new place, Piesano's Stone Fired Pizza at Lake Deaton Plaza, I call it Rohan, that makes it easier to find. They are very good. You have Mallory Country Club, which is also brick oven, it's a little fancier since you're sitting in a country club restaurant with table cloths. You have Roberto's at Pinellas Plaza, which I mentioned earlier, I've it 3 times, twice good, once bad. You the normal places that deliver from Wildwood, Pizza Hut, Dominoe's, Papa John's and Hungry Howie, I would say Pizza Hut is the best of the bunch. You have a couple of Italian Restaurants that offer pizza, Ricciardi's at Brownwood which was good, but the last time I got one, they only had one size and it was $10, it wasn't enough to eat. What makes that odd is this is their only sit-down restaurant, in Orlando they are a chain of pizza places, so you would think they would specialize in pizza. Then there is Mezza Luna at Colony, I use to go when they opened 6 or 7 years ago, but it seemed to have gone down hill and now I never see any cars and wonder how they stay in business. There is Sammy's on 301 in the shopping center across from Lucky U Cycles. I had it once, one waitress and a dinning room full of people, it looked like a nice place, but understaffed. The pizza had the condiments under the cheese, I just didn't like it at all. I guess my choice would be Giovanni's at Southern Trace. If we weren't limited by location, I would go to Sammy Joe's at Mullberry Plaza at the north end of TV, I have their thin pizza probably 30 times even though I have to drive 12 miles to get there, but it's not the greatest dinning experience, the place is small, tables are small, TV's are impossible to see, but it's very good.
Agree with most but would add Flippers.
Old 05-10-2020, 09:43 AM

Chefs of Napoli ( now called Napolino )
Pick it up after 6 o clock mass Saturday evening
When they used to have mass at SVDP....
Old 05-10-2020, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
Agree with most but would add Flippers.
You're right, how could I forget, been to the new one at Traverse about 30 times. I know because you get a free pizza after ten stamps, and I've had 3 free pizzas. The lunchtime mypie is a great deal, a good size individual pizza and drink for $6.99. However, when I got the free king size regular pizza, it was even better. So my choice, don't get the Mypie special, get a regular thin crust pizza, and the atmosphere is decent.

It's in the Traverse Shopping Center next to the new Brownwood Hotel. I'm going to have to pick this over Giovanni's because it's closer and never any wait.

The Villages Florida

A Mypie Pizza, good size, topping are a $1 each, $6.99 with a drink.

The Villages Florida
Old 05-10-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
You're right, how could I forget, been to the new one at Traverse about 30 times. I know because you get a free pizza after ten stamps, and I've had 3 free pizzas. The lunchtime mypie is a great deal, a good size individual pizza and drink for $6.99. However, when I got the free king size regular pizza, it was even better. So my choice, don't get the Mypie special, get a regular thin crust pizza, and the atmosphere is decent.

It's in the Traverse Shopping Center next to the new Brownwood Hotel. I'm going to have to pick this over Giovanni's because it's closer and never any wait.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
That’s a lot of pizza
Old 05-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage

FYI, the largest pizza sold at Flippers is 16 inches. But, Piesano's has a 24 inch pizza. For those who like math, a 24 inch pizza is 452 square inches, but a 16 inch pizza is less than half of that at 201 square inches.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,043 Times in 5,334 Posts

Quote:

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Wow your serious about pizza for sure. We are only for 3 months so lots of places to try.
Love Giovanni's for Italian but have not yet tried their pizza. Will do so for sure.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

We've tried many of the pizza joints in TV

they're okay, but haven't found one yet that is as tasty as the ones that we were able to pick up before we moved down here (isn't that the case for us all huh?)

if you wanna travel a bit, Francesco's out on 441/27 in Summerfield is perhaps the best we've had

But, for me....I think my Italian wife's home made pizza is actually the best south of 466....

sorry, we don't deliver and don't offer takeout....however:

it's easy, buy the fresh made pizza dough from the bakery counter at Publix...pick up a jar of pizza sauce in the aisle, and some shredded Italian cheese down in the cheese cooler

add whatever veggies and meat on top you like and pop it in the oven

mangia, mangia!
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, south, p.s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.