Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
So far as I'm concerned this is totv and I don't realy care about comparing your pizza in Chicago, NY, KC, LA or anywhere else. What have you found to be the best pizza in, around or near the Villages?
Follow this link and wait for UPS. Then you'll have the best pizza in TV.

http://www.loumalnatis.com/About/ship%20it.aspx
Old 02-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Eternal Member

Pizza is pizza. I have had pizza in Chicago, New York, NJ, and Florida to name a few places. Pizza is only as good as the person who eats it thinks it is.

To me the crust must be a little crisp and the tomato sauce zesty and the cheese hot and firm. The onions, peppers, and mushrooms ingredients should be semi crisp. I do not like ground beef or sausage on my pizza but I will take pepperoni.

But then that is me.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Pizza is pizza. I have had pizza in Chicago, New York, NJ, and Florida to name a few places. Pizza is only as good as the person who eats it thinks it is.

To me the crust must be a little crisp and the tomato sauce zesty and the cheese hot and firm. The onions, peppers, and mushrooms ingredients should be semi crisp. I do not like ground beef or sausage on my pizza but I will take pepperoni.
But then that is me.
Totally agree. I like ham on mine also.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM
Default Pizza

The best Pizza I have found, near the New York taste and style, is at Belleview Pizza and Italian Restaurant on 441 North, just past the 301 split. The Pizza and Italian dishes are hard to beat. Get there early because a line forms after 5PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

For pizza here at TV where you can set down and eat.....Pauleys in Spanish Springs.
You can also get a 75 cent beer!
Over the years I have had better pizza....including at the place we owned, but that is past history.
For the here and now.....we get it from Pauleys or Snappy Tomato.
Support the local businesses first.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Veteran member
Red face

I like Little Joey's on 441. Best Italian I have found in this area.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Default Great Pizza

Just responded to someone yesterday about their experience at Taki's and realized maybe I should put something under Pizza as well. If you like Greek style pizza which is not like New york Style and not deep dish like Chicago style it is right in between then this is the place for you. Only, I highly recommend you go to the location in Leesburg where the owners take great pride in their food as well as the management who are also Greek. Located on 441 after it splits off from 27 on the left hand side of the road. If this is your kind of pizza or just looking for something new, you won't be dissapointed. They have an extensive menu if you are looking for something else too. Thought I would throw that in because I saw a few bad write ups about Taki's but they are referring to the one in the Villages in front of Lowes. Totally different owners and quality. Hope this helps!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Sage

Belleview Pizza - best around these parts!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking it easy View Post
Just responded to someone yesterday about their experience at Taki's and realized maybe I should put something under Pizza as well. If you like Greek style pizza which is not like New york Style and not deep dish like Chicago style it is right in between then this is the place for you. Only, I highly recommend you go to the location in Leesburg where the owners take great pride in their food as well as the management who are also Greek. Located on 441 after it splits off from 27 on the left hand side of the road. If this is your kind of pizza or just looking for something new, you won't be dissapointed. They have an extensive menu if you are looking for something else too. Thought I would throw that in because I saw a few bad write ups about Taki's but they are referring to the one in the Villages in front of Lowes. Totally different owners and quality. Hope this helps!
Was in Taki's by Lowe's for dinner two nights ago - place was packed.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.