Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Sage
Default Re: Pizza

That's not good news - we were in there last spring with a group of about 15 and had great service and very good pizza.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Tried Bravo Pizza last week, loved it.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

I've been tempted to respond in this thread for some time, but held off out of fear ya'll think I'm crazy. Finally decided there's nothing bad about being crazy...sometimes it's even FUN!

My favorite pizza is purchased in the grocery store...Freschetta Pizza. I love the portobello mushroom and spinach variety, but the pepperoni and others I've had seem just as good IMHO. Fifteen minutes in the oven @ 425 and I'm happy!

If you prefer a thinner crust, you may just want to give it a try. Can't beat the convenience of just walking to your freezer when you're in the mood!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Sage

IMHO Freshetta is far and away the best store bought pizza you can buy. It rivals all but the very best parlors. I still prefer a parlor in RI called Twins in North Providence but Casertta's (sic?) in Prov is great also. Any other RI/Mass agree?

Heck i just like almost any pizza. Can't wait to try all the TV and local sites that have been mentioned in this post.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to rbrozzetti Send a message via Skype™ to rbrozzetti

I lived in the Triple Cities area most of my life and grew up making Pizza at Brozzetti's in Johnson City.

It is still one of the best in the Binghamton area. Cortese was always one of my favorites too.

I've tried Pizza around Florida at many places and there are none that are very good as far as I'm concerned - edible, but just ordinary.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Just came back from a 9 day trip to my home town of Chicago...yum had Aurelio's pizza and it was so good. Also Had an incredible Italian Beef Sandwich, White Castle, good Polish bakery goods, Carsons Ribs and brought home a huge time of Garretts carameland cheese popcorn.... I am happy for awhile now
Has anyone yet heard what happened with Phils Pizza in Belleview?
Old 10-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Sage

Just got back from two weeks in Italy - Pizza's everywhere but not like the ones we eat in the US. Really thin crust, sauce, a little cheese sprinkled on and other toppings on request.

I'll stick with a Chicago Pizza!
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-24-2007, 12:09 AM

??? We always went to Phil's Pizza in Bellview & thought it was the best. They had a line outside to get seated, business & the food was great, now they are closed.

What happened???
Old 11-24-2007, 12:17 AM

I like Pizza Hut because I can order over the intenet.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Sage

I'm so happy to hear of Big City. We just moved here from Chicago 3 weeks ago. Is there a Chicago club or Illinois club??? Just wondering.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:50 PM
EYANKOWSKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Hey guys,
If you find NY Pizza, please let me know..I am also from NY and have not found anything close...That is a very hard act to followl...
:
I'M FROM BROOKLYN NY I THINK PAULIES COMES PRETTY CLOSE TO NY PIZZA
Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 PM

Has anyone tried the pizza a Mallory Hill CC?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:30 PM

I'm not a New Yorker, however we have discovered New York New York across the street from the Leesburg Walmart going into town on left side of 441/27.

They use bottle water and the crust is thin. Our eastern friends say it is very much like New York Pizza and we mid-westerners love it. Worth the drive.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Opn, can I get there on my golf cart??
Old 12-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Veteran member

Try Belleview Pizza. In Milwaukee WI there are many good thin crust pizza's that HOLD UP. Pauly's crust appears to be like a NY crust but a little blah for my taste. I've lived here only about 15 months and tried all the pizzas mentioned and never felt satisfied with taste or crust till I went to Belleview. THE SAUSAGE IS GREAT.

And, what did happen to Phil's ?? :dontknow:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.