Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Pizza

I found Bravo's in LSL had decent to good pizza but it was expensive....no very expensive for what I am used to especailly if I would have it most friday nights. They do have a crowd however. I would recommend Bravo's with a proviso concerning price.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Sage

Been to Belleview Pizza and Italian Restaurant a couple times - will go again

Click on Map on this link to find it

http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaur...lian_Rest.html

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 12-11-2007, 03:55 AM
Platinum member

New York has outlived its reputation for good pizza. Forty years ago when Catholics were allowed to eat meat on Friday, may have helped kill good pizza. Maybe that's too obvious. When I was kid growing up in the Bronx, we had plenty of both good pizza and kosher deli's everywhere. The kosher deli's dried up one by one because the children of the original owners all became professionals and didn't want any part of the deli business. Maybe that's what happened to the pizza parlor owner's children? In NYC, you really have to search out good pizza. The Albanians have taken over many pizza shops. Some places have Mexicans making pizza, and of course they no longer use real Mozzarella. So when I hear comparisons to NY pizza, I cringe. It ain't what it used to be, that's for sure! Bravo's, except for the price, is as close to NY pizza was in its hayday. George
Old 01-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Taltarzac

Looks like they are getting more done on the new Paulies Pizza location near the intersection of CR466 and CR101. It is in the same shopping center as Lil' Bits.

Glad to hear of another pizza place opening nearer to us than those around Spanish Springs Town Square, Mulberry Square, and Lake Sumter Landing Square.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Sage

Greetings Brozzetti, from another Binghamtonian!

Yes Brozzetti's pizza is super delicious Also loved the old duff's pizza in Endicott.

Do you still make pizzas at home from scratch? With all your experience who needs to order out?

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Veteran member

Clearly the one thing missing in or around the Villages is GOOD Pizza! Its very personal I'm sure and an acquired taste but there is nothing here to compare to the Pizza we get in the Binghamton/Endicott NY area or Scranton/Old Forge Pa area. We've tried Pauley's (or favorite so far but has a way to go- Subs are great and beer is very reasonable) Bravo (OK but real expensive > try their pepperoni Calzones, reasonable and very good) and Giovannis (not much taste for me but their meals looked good). We also had the worst pizza we ever had anyplace at a recent meeting here, Domino's > Wow it was dry, paper thin and tasteless. If you have or find good Pizza please post it > Otherwise we may have to go back to NY/PA just for some Pizza.
I guess to be fair I should mention it took us 25 years, or was it 30, before we liked any of the Pizza in NY. Before that we would have to go back to our Hometown of Scranton PA and get Pizza in Old Forge. So perhaps in another 25 years we will grow to like the pizza here (I wish! )

BTW in NY we like Nurchi's by Binghamton University (Great Pizza with large tasty thick dough and you can get it by the piece and try several types since they sell so much -), OHara's in Owego (nice small bar ). Kids love Tonys in Endicott. We haven't tried Corteses Pizza in Bgm since their food is too good to have Pizza there. We do like Brozzettis for take out if we are near by or at the Hospital.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage

Dadspet,

Agreed, most pizza around here have far to go to compare to up north but........ Last night we did try Taki's pizza for the first time. We found it to be very good, not Binghamton Pizza but very good. Have you tried it yet?

Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Still lovin' the Bravo Pizza at LSL.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Veteran member

Where's TAKI'S ?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Sage

On 441 in the Lowes plaza.Between Firehouse Subs and Coldstone icecream.

They have very good other Italian and Greek food also. One of our favorites!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:49 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
On 441 in the Lowes plaza.Between Firehouse Subs and Coldstone icecream.

They have very good other Italian and Greek food also. One of our favorites!
Thanks for the information, Nonie! :bigthumbsup:
Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM

For real pizza you gotta go to the Jersey Shore, Ocean City to be precise. Mack and Manco's (with three locations on the boardwalk) makes an unbelievable pizza pie.......total thin crust not that thick stuff those heathens from Chicago believe is pizza.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard
For real pizza you gotta go to the Jersey Shore, Ocean City to be precise. Mack and Manco's (with three locations on the boardwalk) makes an unbelievable pizza pie.......total thin crust not that thick stuff those heathens from Chicago believe is pizza.

Hey Gerard,

I resemble that!!! We heathens from Chicago also have experienced some really great thin crusted pizza in Chicago too!!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

Russ-Boston, Caserta's in Providence RI is numero uno in my eyes! They are always busy. Missing the cold tray pizza slices, also! Paulies is my favorite here, Bravo's good but $$$$. At Bravo's I like the baked ziti. Will try Taki's next....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm getting hungry!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
Russ-Boston, Caserta's in Providence RI is numero uno in my eyes! They are always busy. Missing the cold tray pizza slices, also! Paulies is my favorite here, Bravo's good but $$$$. At Bravo's I like the baked ziti. Will try Taki's next....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm getting hungry!
I rank Twins and Caserta's as 1 and 1A in my book. For those that don't know it is more of a scilian style, thick but not Chicago deep dish, not thin like NY style. But heck I like almost any pizza - I'll try Paulies when I down there next month.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.