McCalls never again!!

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Default McCalls never again!!

McCalls employee doesn’t wash his hands?My last time going there!!! Watched a kitchen worker leave the toilet and didn't wash his hands!! Must be a common practice in the villages because the same thing happened at Cody’s in Sumter landing a year ago and I was there regularly 4-5 times a week but never went back afterwards!!
Having owned a restaurant and knowing an employee was negligent in following the simplest rule says a lot about an establishment and the management team. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Last edited by Kerry Azz; 05-03-2019 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-03-2019, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Guess you won't be returning to a lot of restaurants...lot of workers in a lot of business's don't comply with rules or laws in FL.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Blaming it on the management is silly. How did the management "knowingly" let it happen? Do you really expect them hold employees hands into the bathrooms?
Steve
Old 05-04-2019, 01:43 AM
Veteran member

Did you tell management what you witnessed?
Old 05-04-2019, 04:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think that at our age most of us deal in the realities of life that are not always pretty.

Talking about it here won't change things.

You could have told her that it bothers you to see her not wash her hands after using the bathroom.

Or you could have just imagined she peed and positioned the toilet paper not to touch her personal area.

These things are taught children in the first five years and now little ones are with caregivers that most parents would not give their car keys to.

I understand your concern, but I will still go to restaurants to eat. We have all survived several decades with this probably happening a lot.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-04-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:20 AM
Default Training an employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Blaming it on the management is silly. How did the management "knowingly" let it happen? Do you really expect them hold employees hands into the bathrooms?
Steve
Training an employee To abide by the health code laws is probably the most important part of working in the restaurant industry. Reporting him to management is useless, I’m sure posting a negative message on here may impact their business and hopefully it’ll be discussed in their next employee meeting.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:23 AM
Default Actually im a male

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that at our age most of us deal in the realities of life that are not always pretty.

Talking about it here won't change things.

You could have told her that it bothers you to see her not wash her hands after using the bathroom.

Or you could have just imagined she peed and positioned the toilet paper not to touch her personal area.

These things are taught children in the first five years and now they are with strangers that most parents would not give their car keys to.

I understand your concern, but I will still go to restaurants to eat. We have all survived several decades with this probably happening a lot.
It wasn’t a female, and unless this young man pees siting down I’ll assume he was doing #2.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

Are you sure he wasn't in the stall with its own sink. Some people thing a person leaving the stall who doesn't wash at the outside sink didn't wash at all, when they did wash in the stall sink. Just saying.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Oh. Up until this moment, I imaged you as a female.

I didn't look closely at your avatar. Is it new? I mean it doesn't matter. I like males and females both, most of them.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
It wasn’t a female, and unless this young man pees siting down I’ll assume he was doing #2.

Not that it should even matter.

Washing ones hands after doing your business (whatever it is), then (when possible) using a paper towel or toilet paper on your hands before touching all of the locks/handles getting out of the restroom...is just plain common sense.

A lot of places have started providing garbage cans near the last door leaving the restroom, to discard that towel/toilet paper wrapped around your hand...and good on them.

Old 05-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Training an employee To abide by the health code laws is probably the most important part of working in the restaurant industry. Reporting him to management is useless, I’m sure posting a negative message on here may impact their business and hopefully it’ll be discussed in their next employee meeting.
I don't think posting on here will make a difference (not a big part of the population are on here) but if you hold out hope and it makes you feel better than good for you. Even when Cody's and others are cited they continue to draw. The only one that I know that was impacted was the Chinese buffet restaurant in Pinellas. I know of none that have been closed because an employee didn't wash their hands. Have you ever noticed how many customers don't wash their hands either?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-04-2019, 08:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I don't think posting on here will make a difference (not a big part of the population are on here) but if you hold out hope and it makes you feel better than good for you. Even when Cody's and others are cited they continue to draw. The only one that I know that was impacted was the Chinese buffet restaurant in Pinellas. I know of none that have been closed because an employee didn't wash their hands. Have you ever noticed how many customers don't wash their hands either?
And then go stick their hand in the peanuts.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

I agree that it is deplorable, but I bet it happens way more then we realize and we never know it.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:34 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Must say, the more years I rack up, the more apprehensive I am about eating out/germs/etc.

Not quite at the 'Howard Hughes' stage, but always in the back of mind. Many times in restaurants I really don't want to use the facilities as they may be grimy and cast mind-issues with overall cleanliness. We do try to use hand sanitizer after handling menus and such. Been very lucky so far - no tummy issues after eating out that we know of.

- we never send food back to the kitchen...you know why.
- do they EVER clean menus.
- dislike how the tables are wiped, and the 'cloth'.
- many more I would rather not discuss

We tend to eat out less often than years ago. And the bonus is we KNOW our ingredients in the meal and care in how it's prepared.

This all said, we are going out for lunch and dinner today, dinner tomorrow, and a few times this week. Time to purchase white gloves...
Old 05-04-2019, 10:00 AM

Maybe he was the dish washer and has his hands in water enough. As the saying goes we are all going to eat a peck of dirt before we die.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, week, regularly, 4-5, times

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.