Poor Customer Service at Guy Fieri's

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2018, 12:42 PM
Default Poor Customer Service at Guy Fieri's

Last Thursday evening we tried to take three out-of-town guests to Fieri's for dinner around 7:00PM. There were five in our group. They took our name and said it would be about 30 minutes. OK. After 45 minutes of waiting, we noticed there were TWO tables for FOUR immediately adjacent to each other. By that time there were NO OTHER people waiting for a table. And scattered around the room there were other "four tops" empty. When I questioned why they could not slide one of them over a couple of feet to seat us, the "less-than-friendly" hostess sharply replied that they "do not do that"! (Yes, I asked for a manager, but was told he was not available.) After waiting another 5 minutes, we left and walked over to Gator's where we were seated promptly. Don't know who they're kidding, but Guy Fieri's did not offer us acceptable service. It was very poor "service" and even worse management. Perhaps the "hostess" simply needs replacement or undergo a little attitude adjustment, but I wanted to share this experience to keep a promise. ----Wonder if they'll still be around when the snowbirds are gone.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:09 AM

I think it’s a lack of staff. 4 of us checked in last night and were told it was a 45 minute wait. Saw no one waiting In or out and plenty of tables and booths available.
Went across the street to Codys. Just as we sat down after a 15 minute wait my phone rang. It was
Guys. Oh well.
I must say I enjoy Guys and will try again.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Gold member

Similar issue at Ruby Tuesday’s last Thursday. People waiting yet a number of tables open.We were told it was a staffing issue. Not enough servers. Seems quantity of restaurants is overpowering the local supply of available employees, especially in season.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:13 PM

Most frustrating was that groups of 2 or 3 were being seated promptly while we waited and waited, and got no cooperation. We have had decent experiences there in the past, but this incident was totally avoidable and they have lost me as a customer because management was not even available to discuss the poor treatment.
I don't expect to ever go there again and will not hesitate to let others know about the rude treatment we received. Their "name" will not compensate for bad management, so I will not be surprised when they fail.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:33 AM
Veteran member

Just my thinking but there seems to be a total lack of interest in getting our business. Soon they will pass from site due to lack of a quality manager and staff
Old 03-27-2018, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Sometimes young people who work as servers, stay out too late and drink too much and don't show up for work. It will soon be time when the population drops for nine months and restaurants won't need as many servers and let go the recently hired young helpers. So perhaps many, now, when they wake with a hangover, say, I think I'll roll over and go back to sleep, I am going to be let go soon anyway.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Similar issue at Ruby Tuesday’s last Thursday. People waiting yet a number of tables open.We were told it was a staffing issue. Not enough servers. Seems quantity of restaurants is overpowering the local supply of available employees, especially in season.
empty tables? but it's the busiest time of the year! why would people not want to work? why would the owner NOT want customers at his restaurant?

pssst, i'll give you a hint. $5.23/hour minimum wage. it is only a matter of time this restaurant goes under. you can't lose customers while tables are empty.

the owner needs to fire the manager and increase wages. he is absorbing lost opportunity costs during the busiest time of the year. any business upperclassman can identify this.

WTF there is an empty table right there! as potential customers go to another restaurant.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Sometimes young people who work as servers, stay out too late and drink too much and don't show up for work. It will soon be time when the population drops for nine months and restaurants won't need as many servers and let go the recently hired young helpers. So perhaps many, now, when they wake with a hangover, say, I think I'll roll over and go back to sleep, I am going to be let go soon anyway.
i know of many people who enjoy seasonal work. The younger generation prefers to work during the fall/winter season then in the summer attend music fests and concerts in full swing. so if you work a seasonal job, would you work a job that only pays for living expenses with no savings for off-season? of course not.

the younger generation have choices and they are making them.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:05 PM
Sage

IMHO-there is not a signature dish in any restaurant that is worth waiting for--especially a tourist trap like Guy Fieri's-its designed for the out of towners--

Junk food artery slamming garbage-eat there @ your own risk--if you don't believe me---If you have a strong stomach watch "obesity autopsy" on Netflix--if that doesn't scare the === out of nothing will
Old 03-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Sage

It's "high season" and perhaps it's true of low staff coverage. BUT the "high season" really does impact restaurants and more, here. We went to a restaurant on Sat.---granted it was 5:30---BUT the wait would have been at least an hour so we left. We are pretty flexible and wouldn't disparage a place for that or the reason for this thread. We just went to another establishment and were seated within 15 minutes. Depends on the place IMHO.
Old 03-27-2018, 04:58 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Oh well ! ! Like so many before Guy, he too will vacate. Leaving his legal team to negotiate their way out of the lease. Rest assured the cycle will continue.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Guy does not own the restaurant. He franchises his name.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:33 PM

From what we observed, the problem was not a lack of wait staff as they actually had time to chat with each other. However, we could not see in the kitchen, where possibly some personnel were missing. The only acceptable reason in my opinion that the manager would not see us is if they were truly short on kitchen staff and the manager was back there helping get food out. That would have been a reasonable explanation, if true. But, the only answer we received was "the manager is NOT available" with no reason given.

This place is not my monkey and not my circus to worry about, but I will never spend another dollar there. When it fails, it's well -deserved.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:52 PM
Sage

And it will fail--its a given
Closed Thread

Tags
minutes, waiting, service, fieris, poor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.