Popular restaurant in The Villages in violation over employee cleanliness issues

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2021, 11:08 AM
Thanked 1,119 Times in 246 Posts
Default Popular restaurant in The Villages in violation over employee cleanliness issues

A popular restaurant in The Villages was found in violation last month with regard to employee cleanliness issues. An inspector paid a visit Dec. 28 to Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill at Colony Plaza and found three high-priority violations. The owner of Fiesta Grande at Colony Plaza has opened a second restaurant in The Villages. The restaurant, also called Fiesta Grande, is located at Brownwood Paddock Square.
- January 14, 2021, Meta Minton
Old 01-15-2021, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

We ate there a few weeks ago and enjoyed the food but wonder what these violations were for?
Old 01-15-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

An employee handled soiled dishes and then handled clean dishes without first doing the necessary hand washing
The second high-priority violation was for single-use gloves not being changed as needed after changing tasks.

The third high-priority violation was in regard to salsa that was sitting at 71 degrees at a server station. The violation was corrected on site when staff moved the salsa to a refrigerator.

Other violations found that day included an employee beverage found on a food preparation table and a spray bottle containing a toxic substance that was not labled.

Sounds just like our kichen at home. maybe better!
Old 01-15-2021, 12:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Seriously?

Heaven forbid one of these inspectors come to our house!

If this is all that they found, and given my experience dining at this restaurant I'm certain they've dealt with the issues and made corrections, I will dine comfortably there on my next visit.

It's bad enough when reports like this are 'front page' news on the "other site". They really don't need to be copied and pasted here IMHO.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Keeps my immune system humming at full speed.
Old 01-15-2021, 03:58 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
A popular restaurant in The Villages was found in violation last month with regard to employee cleanliness issues. An inspector paid a visit Dec. 28 to Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill at Colony Plaza and found three high-priority violations. The owner of Fiesta Grande at Colony Plaza has opened a second restaurant in The Villages. The restaurant, also called Fiesta Grande, is located at Brownwood Paddock Square.
Seem to be minor easily corrected.
No roaches, rat droppings a plus
Old 01-15-2021, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,678 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
An employee handled soiled dishes and then handled clean dishes without first doing the necessary hand washing
The second high-priority violation was for single-use gloves not being changed as needed after changing tasks.

The third high-priority violation was in regard to salsa that was sitting at 71 degrees at a server station. The violation was corrected on site when staff moved the salsa to a refrigerator.

Other violations found that day included an employee beverage found on a food preparation table and a spray bottle containing a toxic substance that was not labled.

Sounds just like our kichen at home. maybe better!
So, if the salsa was not properly refrigerated and someone got food poisoning, that seems like a significant violation. If an employee puts the salsa in the refrigerator when the inspector points it out, how does that solve anything? Did the inspector verify the amount of time the salsa was not properly refrigerated, and that it was safe to use? If not, why didn't they throw it away? Everybody eats the salsa in a Mexican restaurant.
Old 01-15-2021, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
So, if the salsa was not properly refrigerated and someone got food poisoning, that seems like a significant violation. If an employee puts the salsa in the refrigerator when the inspector points it out, how does that solve anything? Did the inspector verify the amount of time the salsa was not properly refrigerated, and that it was safe to use? If not, why didn't they throw it away? Everybody eats the salsa in a Mexican restaurant.
Aren't these questions for the Health Department???
Old 01-15-2021, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,678 Times in 5,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Aren't these questions for the Health Department???
I don't think they would answer the question. If this is a high priority violation, it seems to me that food not properly refrigerated should be discarded.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,370 Times in 2,517 Posts

F the salsa. What about the beverage on the prep surface!
Sounds really dangerous to me!!
Old 01-15-2021, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Man, we must be wimps here in The Villages. Back in North Carolina, a "high-priority violation" usually involved dead rats, cockroaches and feces, all in abundance. I read what the actual violations were and while I would prefer that had done none of them, they all seemed relatively minor to me. I've eaten there and will again (unless I like the one in Brownwood better, now that it's open).
Old 01-15-2021, 11:14 PM

Makes your system stronger to fight off Covid19.... better than the vaccine
Old 01-16-2021, 06:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
I alway wonder why people post things like this. Vague information .....why
What kind of response were you hoping for. Throw negative info and see what sticks.....just curious
Old 01-16-2021, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Welcome everyone to the next round of the "what if game".
After working in the restaurant business for years, the health inspector would have thrown away the salsa if tainted and classified the violation as major due to contaminated food.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:02 AM

Obviously the people making negative comments have never watch Kitchen Nightmares.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, fiesta, villages, grande, popular

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.