Popular restaurant in The Villages in violation over employee cleanliness issues

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2021, 07:57 AM

I'm ordering take out from them today. These violations are ridiculous.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
So, if the salsa was not properly refrigerated and someone got food poisoning, that seems like a significant violation. If an employee puts the salsa in the refrigerator when the inspector points it out, how does that solve anything? Did the inspector verify the amount of time the salsa was not properly refrigerated, and that it was safe to use? If not, why didn't they throw it away? Everybody eats the salsa in a Mexican restaurant.
Look where you buy your salsa, on the shelf not the refrigerator. Not a big deal for food safety to leave salsa out for a while after opening.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Heaven forbid one of these inspectors come to our house!

If this is all that they found, and given my experience dining at this restaurant I'm certain they've dealt with the issues and made corrections, I will dine comfortably there on my next visit.

It's bad enough when reports like this are 'front page' news on the "other site". They really don't need to be copied and pasted here IMHO.
I agree with you 100%. These were minor issues in every restaurant. And the “other site” is a total rag. They NEVER have anything good to say about the villages
Old 01-16-2021, 08:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Perfection coming soon.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Why throw the OP under the Bus? Have there been worse health inspections reported on this site? Of course. I’m thankful we have health inspectors who do their jobs and it’s likely they are understaffed. Keep up the good work and know that most of us our thankful for your work of keeping us safe as possible.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick demis View Post
Obviously the people making negative comments have never watch Kitchen Nightmares.
LOL...many years ago while between jobs, I worked as a helper for a large food service company delivering to restaurants, hospitals, schools, etc. Early one morning we delivered to an Asian restaurant (basement entrance). I could not believe the three, two foot metal bowls, filled with cooked rice. I'll skip what accompanied the rice!
Old 01-16-2021, 08:34 AM

Great. Maybe this will reduce the crowds and I can get in quicker.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:53 AM
Default Inspector must find things

Most people look at these violations as a danger sign. The reality is that the Health inspectors job is to find something wrong. They are not leaving that business until they do find things to write down. Are these things listed areas of concern but seriously folks this is ridiculous to concern yourself with. As one person stated, thank goodness he does not come to your house then publish it.
How absolutely terrible that the person who started this posted this information, shame on you.
Businesses and restaurants are struggling to stay afloat and you post this, shame on you.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

For gosh sakes, if this is your end-of-the-world scenario, don't ever eat in a real Mexican restaurant...like...in Mexico!
Old 01-16-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
So, if the salsa was not properly refrigerated and someone got food poisoning, that seems like a significant violation. If an employee puts the salsa in the refrigerator when the inspector points it out, how does that solve anything? Did the inspector verify the amount of time the salsa was not properly refrigerated, and that it was safe to use? If not, why didn't they throw it away? Everybody eats the salsa in a Mexican restaurant.
It depends on how much citrus is in the salsa. The more citrus the longer it can be out without going bad. How long had the salsa been out? Do you know? Been to many a Super Bowl parties where the salsa has been out for hours and no one I know ever got sick from it. With regards to the restaurant, I have eaten there since 2010 probably two to three times a month. The owner and staff are friendly, the food is always good and I have never gotten sick. Things like this happens in every restaurant especially when they get busy and this restaurant is always busy at this time of year.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:11 AM

Stupid violations.
You should try their Molcajete. It’s delicious. It’s like a beef stew and served in a hot molcajete. The food stays hot till the very last bite. My husband and I share one.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:34 AM
Unhappy A real shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
An employee handled soiled dishes and then handled clean dishes without first doing the necessary hand washing
The second high-priority violation was for single-use gloves not being changed as needed after changing tasks.

The third high-priority violation was in regard to salsa that was sitting at 71 degrees at a server station. The violation was corrected on site when staff moved the salsa to a refrigerator.

Other violations found that day included an employee beverage found on a food preparation table and a spray bottle containing a toxic substance that was not labled.

Sounds just like our kichen at home. maybe better!
Well, fire everybody.....I guess.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Tomato based products have a lot of acid and unlikely to turn, hence the ketchup on the table at restaurants, salsa included.
Old 01-16-2021, 09:56 AM
Default Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
An employee handled soiled dishes and then handled clean dishes without first doing the necessary hand washing
The second high-priority violation was for single-use gloves not being changed as needed after changing tasks.

The third high-priority violation was in regard to salsa that was sitting at 71 degrees at a server station. The violation was corrected on site when staff moved the salsa to a refrigerator.

Other violations found that day included an employee beverage found on a food preparation table and a spray bottle containing a toxic substance that was not labled.

Sounds just like our kichen at home. maybe better!
I am so sick of the trolls in the Villages. The so-called infractions were minor and didn’t have to be reported to the public! In my opinion it appears these food inspectors should only be required to notify the restaurants of the violations and they should be kept confidential!! What is the editor of this site trying to do?!! Put our local restaurants out of business?? They are struggling as it is to survive. If a restaurant is ordered to close because iof dangerous proven conditions , sure, let us know, but stop reporting such minor problems until they are proven to be seriously hazardous to our health. You are acting like the trolls who cruise around neighborhoods causing trouble for residents!
Old 01-16-2021, 10:36 AM

I agree with many...as I worked in restaurants in my youth, these are quite minor infractions.

Let's see, touching clean and dirty dishes? How about when you're doing dishes at home?

A beverage near the food counter? Again, home?

Salsa left out? How about when you hosted a gathering? Did you make sure to keep putting away the dip(s), when people weren't actively partaking?

Just a thought...
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, fiesta, villages, grande, popular

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.