Popular restaurant in The Villages in violation over employee cleanliness issues

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2021, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrench View Post
I am so sick of the trolls in the Villages. The so-called infractions were minor and didn’t have to be reported to the public! In my opinion it appears these food inspectors should only be required to notify the restaurants of the violations and they should be kept confidential!! What is the editor of this site trying to do?!! Put our local restaurants out of business?? They are struggling as it is to survive. If a restaurant is ordered to close because iof dangerous proven conditions , sure, let us know, but stop reporting such minor problems until they are proven to be seriously hazardous to our health. You are acting like the trolls who cruise around neighborhoods causing trouble for residents!
Whoa!!
I never opened the thread.
I answered a posters question as to what were the infractions.
I am not having a pop at the restaurant, thats why I likened it to our kitchen at home!
Jobsworth looking for trouble is my take on the inspector.
Old 01-16-2021, 11:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadalberts View Post
Well, fire everybody.....I guess.
I thought about firing the wife, but it would cost to much!
Old 01-16-2021, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,504 Times in 3,104 Posts

I like their food. And I don't like my salsa "cold." I like it room temperature. I don't refrigerate mine right away when I make it for myself, it can stay out of the fridge for a few hours before you have to give it a quick stir and re-chill it.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
A popular restaurant in The Villages was found in violation last month with regard to employee cleanliness issues. An inspector paid a visit Dec. 28 to Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill at Colony Plaza and found three high-priority violations. The owner of Fiesta Grande at Colony Plaza has opened a second restaurant in The Villages. The restaurant, also called Fiesta Grande, is located at Brownwood Paddock Square.
- January 14, 2021, Meta Minton
You don’t really think this cleanliness thing is something that just now popped up do you? I believe a while back I heard a comment that some young waiter with long fingernails had his fingernails in someone’s food. Not all people these restaurants don’t have bad hygiene. But it really strange that 10, 20 & 30 yrs. ago it was just as bad or maybe worse & nobody ever complained about it!
Old 01-16-2021, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

There is no single restaurant, high end , low end , etc......, that will pass an unannounced health inspection each and every time.......

Stay home with your masks on if you feel uncomfortable !!
Old 01-16-2021, 05:39 PM

Ate there last week nothing stood out to me in a bad way of course i wasnt in the kitchen area.Went to Mezza Luna italian restaurant in colony plaza today and was very impressed with quality of food at great prices,definely going back there
Old 01-16-2021, 08:24 PM

Hey two bills where did you get that specific data?
Old 01-17-2021, 05:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
Hey two bills where did you get that specific data?
Yesterdays **************. the online alternative newspaper.
It loves to play up anything anti Villagees.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

There is a reason most restaurant kitchens are hidden from view.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:36 AM

I, for one, am not disturbed by the violations. Salsa is tomato based, which is acidic so I think it is safe - at least for me - your opinion should dictate what works for you.

I know how busy the place is but I wish they would close for a day or two and freshen the restaurant and bathrooms with new paint and décor it needs it desperately.
Old 01-21-2021, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Look where you buy your salsa, on the shelf not the refrigerator. Not a big deal for food safety to leave salsa out for a while after opening.
Packaged foods, and that includes glass jars, that are not refrigerated often say to "Refrigerate after opening". I would imagine those foods are vacuum packed to preserve freshness. Once opened, they need refrigeration.

I'll still go back to Fiesta Grande. I highly recommend their Beef Fajita Bruschetta. The pineapple and the white cheese melted on top is what makes that dish out of this world.
Old 02-14-2021, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

The fact that the salsa was sitting out at seventy-one degrees and then put back in the refrigerator gives me a lot of cause not to ever go there that's a prime way of getting people sick which is what the inspections are all about. I certainly don't mind cutting and pasting as we all don't read six different websites every day. The truth is most restaurants will have some minor violations. This is Florida it's hot they were flies and most places have unskilled labor at low education levels that don't understand all of the do's and don'ts of sanitary production of food
Old 02-14-2021, 07:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfrench View Post
I am so sick of the trolls in the Villages. The so-called infractions were minor and didn’t have to be reported to the public! In my opinion it appears these food inspectors should only be required to notify the restaurants of the violations and they should be kept confidential!! What is the editor of this site trying to do?!! Put our local restaurants out of business?? They are struggling as it is to survive. If a restaurant is ordered to close because iof dangerous proven conditions , sure, let us know, but stop reporting such minor problems until they are proven to be seriously hazardous to our health. You are acting like the trolls who cruise around neighborhoods causing trouble for residents!
Too much coffee??
Old 02-14-2021, 09:25 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts
Default Restaurant inspections

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Heaven forbid one of these inspectors come to our house!

If this is all that they found, and given my experience dining at this restaurant I'm certain they've dealt with the issues and made corrections, I will dine comfortably there on my next visit.

It's bad enough when reports like this are 'front page' news on the "other site". They really don't need to be copied and pasted here IMHO.
Not a fan of big Government, but I’m a big fan of health inspections of places where I eat. I suspect the health inspector’s are underpaid and understaffed. inspect on!
Old 02-14-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I remember growing up the diner on the corner had the greatest food , I think it was because of the ashes from the cooks cigarette dropping from his mouth , Relsx people we’ve come a long way from those days and I agree these infractions did need to be posted

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 02-14-2021 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Spelling
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, fiesta, villages, grande, popular

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.