Prime Rib Recommendations Please

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2021, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown132 View Post
I have eaten at most of the ones you mentioned. Archie’s Tavern was the best ever.
I had many a good meal there. I had 2 friends who worked there, one was a waiter and the other a chef. Seems like 100 years ago but it was only about 40 years ago.
Old 12-18-2021, 02:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcapaul View Post
The Villages Florida
I have better luck making my own

What time is dinner? See you then
Old 12-18-2021, 03:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
PLEASE stop posting pictures like this! Now I have to thoroughly clean my keyboard from all the drool....
Yeah and I have to replace my monitor because I ate it.
Old 12-18-2021, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
We like the prime rib at Codys Brownwood. The 16 ounce is the best. Codys Sumter Landing isnt seasoned like Brownwood, for some reason.
I enjoy Codys in Brownwood and always wanted to try the Prime Rib. Went a few weeks ago and did just that. Ordered it medium rare, it came to the table and it was ICE cold. Sent it back and it returned gray and luke warm. Couldn't even eat it. Hopefully it was an off night.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
I enjoy Codys in Brownwood and always wanted to try the Prime Rib. Went a few weeks ago and did just that. Ordered it medium rare, it came to the table and it was ICE cold. Sent it back and it returned gray and luke warm. Couldn't even eat it. Hopefully it was an off night.
I have ordered prime rib at Cody's 3 times and it was never very good. Will not order it again.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
We dined a couple of times at Cody's in the now-closed Mulberry restaurant. The last time we went my wife ordered ribs and they were cold it's like they took them out of the cooler and threw them on the plate.
Old 12-18-2021, 06:36 PM
Veteran member

The Oaks on 44

Old 12-19-2021, 05:59 AM

Why would you order so much at premium restaurant prices - only to take it home and try to warm it over when it is never going to be as good as fresh !! The lack of logic is beyond me !!
Old 12-19-2021, 06:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
The Villages Florida

This is the closest to correctly done prime rib I have seen since last Christmas when I make mine.

This can not be found anywhere in T.V. or surrounding area unless you do it yourself. I will admit I am spoiled. My favorite prime rib is outside of Appleton WI. It goes from slaughter to plate and is so tender that you can taste the freshness of the meat. However, knowing I will never get anything that good outside of WI, I find myself asking the doneness of the rarest piece by temp. It's just easier to know if it's going to be any good, because no matter how bad or good the meat selection is on their part if that temp is wrong you'll know if the final product is any good.

Still looking with hope but for now there is nothing that ranks 5 star everything I've had is 2-3 star prime.

That's my taste and wants, yours will be different. Good luck, I think that's the best I can say with choices around the area.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:37 AM

Prima Italian Steakhouse in Brownwood.
Old 12-19-2021, 09:15 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
The Villages Florida
I have better luck making my own
Just need some au jus and horse radish...
Old 12-20-2021, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Home cooked
Prime rib is easier than cooking a Hamburg
Old 12-20-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
The fact that it was served to you ICE cold suggests to me that Cody's buys it from their supplier already roasted, sliced, shrink wrapped and frozen. All they do is warm it up.

I suspect a number of restaurants in The Villages do this.

Since it is not fresh, it will never be great.
Old 12-20-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
I have no idea where to get great prime rib anywhere in this area. However, this thread reminded of great prime rib I’ve had in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Anyone remember Durgin Park in Boston, how about Captain PJ’s in Somerest Ma ? I can’t leave out Archie’s Tavern in Pawtucket, RI ( sadly all 3 are now closed)………but there’s still Twin Oaks in Cranston, Rhode Island that serves great prime rib on Sundays. Every time we are north for the summer Twin Oaks is on our list of places to get great food. This was the prime rib I ordered at Twin Oaks this past summer.
Captain PJ's had, IMO, both the best fish and chips and prime rib in southern New England. Unfortunately the owners gambling problems forced them to close.
Old 12-20-2021, 01:11 PM

I agree with a previous poster, the Rose Plantation's was the best I've had in this area bar none, it was fantastic!
Closed Thread

Tags
prime, rib, recommendations, we’d, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.