Quiet Romantic Dining Recommendations

Quiet Romantic Dining Recommendations

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 08-27-2019, 11:53 AM
Chatbrat Chatbrat is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 3,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 104 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Lived in Chatham & Chester Twp-had 5 acres in Chester--too beautiful & too expensive ,to retire-sold my businesses in 95' & never looked back
Reply With Quote

  #62  
Old 08-27-2019, 12:22 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,730
Thanks: 25
Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Is Rose Plantation usually quiet and romantic? I only ate there one time, and it seemed like the tables on the porch were very close together, and I remember it as being pretty busy and noisy, and not romantic.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #63  
Old 08-27-2019, 05:01 PM
bobcat75 bobcat75 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I think all they need is having a section for family with small kids away from the adult section. These kids are having kids and they run wild without parent control. We saw them climb on a table in Olive Garden and broke wine glasses (2) Mom was 18 or younger and told server Ops sorry. The same night the cook came out carrying a 2 year old out from the kitchen and returned the child to the parents who were dumbfounded on were the kid was. Oh well
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-27-2019, 05:26 PM
retiredguy123 retiredguy123 is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,730
Thanks: 25
Thanked 118 Times in 76 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat75 View Post
I think all they need is having a section for family with small kids away from the adult section. These kids are having kids and they run wild without parent control. We saw them climb on a table in Olive Garden and broke wine glasses (2) Mom was 18 or younger and told server Ops sorry. The same night the cook came out carrying a 2 year old out from the kitchen and returned the child to the parents who were dumbfounded on were the kid was. Oh well
I hope you are not recommending the Olive Garden as a quiet and romantic restaurant for the OP to go to.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-27-2019, 05:33 PM
600th Photo Sq 600th Photo Sq is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 530
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Is Rose Plantation usually quiet and romantic? I only ate there one time, and it seemed like the tables on the porch were very close together, and I remember it as being pretty busy and noisy, and not romantic.
Rose Plantation is way overrated been their twice.

It will not be a third time lucky for us.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-27-2019, 07:51 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 83
Thanked 103 Times in 58 Posts
Default

I know the OP is asking for quiet and romantic dinning options when going out to dinner, but I have to say that when my better half and I want a true quiet and romantic dinning option we grill our own dinner and enjoy the sunset view from our birdcage while sitting next to our pool. With the exception of a really special place we used to go to on the Island of St. John (called Ms. Lucy's) , there is no place we enjoy more for a quiet and romantic dinner.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Kerry Azz's Avatar
Kerry Azz Kerry Azz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: DeLaVista south
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I don't see any recent threads, so thought I would ask. We enjoy the occasional night out to a restaurant that is quiet, darkish, soft music and maybe candle lit for dinner.

Any suggestions in or out of the bubble - restaurants like that seem to be a dying breed!
Try Rose Plantation
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-28-2019, 08:56 AM
Kerry Azz's Avatar
Kerry Azz Kerry Azz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: DeLaVista south
Posts: 160
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
There are several places to get great quality food to cook. Lighthouse Seafood Market on 466 has excellent fresh fish, and you can order Maine Lobster. We belong to Costco and I buy their prime meat. Sam's close by has prime but I'm not a huge fan. Fresh Market on 466 carries very nice products. If you are looking for a great dessert Miz Kathy's sweet shop is an excellent bakery.
All my Favorites, Ms Kathies great recommendations
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-28-2019, 09:11 AM
TheWarriors TheWarriors is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I know the OP is asking for quiet and romantic dinning options when going out to dinner, but I have to say that when my better half and I want a true quiet and romantic dinning option we grill our own dinner and enjoy the sunset view from our birdcage while sitting next to our pool. With the exception of a really special place we used to go to on the Island of St. John (called Ms. Lucy's) , there is no place we enjoy more for a quiet and romantic dinner.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-28-2019, 12:28 PM
pauld315 pauld315 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NY, FL, PA, TX, NC, TV
Posts: 1,061
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Bern's Steak House in Tampa should fill the bill !
__________________
"The secret of successful managing is to keep the five guys who hate you away from the four guys who haven't made up their minds." - Casey Stengel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
quiet, lit, candle, dinner, dying

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.