Kid friendly restaurants

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Default Kid friendly restaurants

Grand kids 4 and under will be in TV. I would appreciate insights/experiences in TV restaurants vis a vis "kid-friendliness". who is;who isn't.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

We have taken grandkids 11,5, and 3 to Codys at Sumter Landing and Beef O'Bradys in Colony plaza without any problem at all. At both places the servers seem to put out an extra effort to take care of the kids, which we very much appreciate. For us, going to "dinner" around 3:30 worked out so much better than waiting until 5 or 6 when restaurants get crowded.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think you will find that if the children are well behaved they will fit in at any restaurant.
I would skip the fancy and more expensive restaurants that would tend to have more formal meals. For the young children I think a quick meal will be better.
Try the national chains such as Olive Garden, Applebees etc.
I think I would start out with a local diner type restaurant for breakfast if you are not sure how the children will act. Try Darrells diner for breakfast or lunch. I think the customers will be more understanding if you do have problems.
Going out is important so they learn how to act properly. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Sage

My grandkids have always enjoyed Th e Lighthouse in Sumter landing, especially sitting outside.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-22-2015, 12:02 PM
Sage

Johnny Rockets in Lake Sumter has a Disney look about it. A hamburger, fries and a milk shake sounds pretty good to me.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:49 AM

We have been bringing our kids over to visit the Villages (and their Grand parents) since they were 5 months old (they are now 9 & 6), we have visited 1 or 2 times a year, I have found all the places we take them not a problem, they love the Japanese, Thai, Carabba's, Lighthouse....., we avoided Lopez and Palmer on a night when they were babies but I would take them now..... when the Grandparents go into places when we are not there the staff ask when we are back over again .......... mind you we have great well behaved kids, but I may be biased!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.