Red Sauce : A 6 Drink Max????

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2018, 04:12 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Angry Red Sauce : A 6 Drink Max????

The Manager of Red Sauce has an interesting take on the "regulars" that keep his Father's business going. I've been privy to conversations where he has limited one regular customer to 6 beers at Red Sauce and then must leave. That regular customer is then "allowed" to come back 1/2 hour later and have another drink or two. This is the only person I know currently who has a "6 drink" cut-off. Mind you, this person does not appear drunk, argumentative and as far as I know has never had a problem paying his bill. Another conversation revolved around two other regulars who have also been patrons for years, however, per Management, they don't drink enough and are taking up space. The Manager wants them gone from his establishement but doesn't know how to get rid of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the regulars at Red Sauce not only help this bar/restaurant through the slow season but (aside from the majority of their wonderful staff) are the true draw to their establishment.

There must be something that can be done about this. No one can be denied service. Especially where there isn't any explanation as to why one person is singled out. Does anyone know where I can go for answers?

Thank you,
Old 10-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

6 beers should be enough for anyone.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,397 Times in 2,255 Posts

Awesome first post..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-25-2018, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
The Manager of Red Sauce has an interesting take on the "regulars" that keep his Father's business going. I've been privy to conversations where he has limited one regular customer to 6 beers at Red Sauce and then must leave. That regular customer is then "allowed" to come back 1/2 hour later and have another drink or two. This is the only person I know currently who has a "6 drink" cut-off. Mind you, this person does not appear drunk, argumentative and as far as I know has never had a problem paying his bill. Another conversation revolved around two other regulars who have also been patrons for years, however, per Management, they don't drink enough and are taking up space. The Manager wants them gone from his establishement but doesn't know how to get rid of them.

As far as I'm concerned, the regulars at Red Sauce not only help this bar/restaurant through the slow season but (aside from the majority of their wonderful staff) are the true draw to their establishment.

There must be something that can be done about this. No one can be denied service. Especially where there isn't any explanation as to why one person is singled out. Does anyone know where I can go for answers?

Thank you,

You could open your own place and talk to yourself.......

I agree with KENSWING
Old 10-25-2018, 04:49 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Wow (hiccup) Life must really suck when you have to take a half hour breather after 6 drinks ..I ate at RedSauce once .. inside .. poor excuse for Italian food. sub par service. Drank outside once.. treated like a on-Reg and have seen no need to go back.. Will happily drink outside at Cody's Rjs or City Fire.. If they are jammed, I'll walk by the empty seats at Red Sauce and go home ..
Old 10-25-2018, 05:11 PM
Platinum member

You can't make this stuff up.....or can you?
Old 10-25-2018, 05:15 PM
Veteran member

I would ask the sheriff what he thinks.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Platinum member

OP -
First of all to TOTV. A great place for referrals and sometimes even answers. But, I have to ask did you really think you'd get rational answers to this particular question? Just maybe you should be looking for answers to a different question.

Try this:

alcoholics anonymous - Yahoo Local Search Results

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Thank you,
This post was a great way to kill your first half hour break.

Can't wait to read what will be posted during your next half hour break.

Don

Western PA, Marietta GA, finally TV....
Old 10-25-2018, 05:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
OP -
First of all to TOTV. A great place for referrals and sometimes even answers. But, I have to ask did you really think you'd get rational answers to this particular question? Just maybe you should be looking for answers to a different question.

Try this:

alcoholics anonymous - Yahoo Local Search Results

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I agree with this answer and all the rest....doubt you'll find a plethora of sympathy here. BUT that said
Old 10-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Haven't said this for awhile but I can't hold back;

Boy Howdy!
Old 10-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Thank you,
Ok, just in case you are serious, I'll try for a serious answer but keep in mind it is mere speculation, food for thought if you will.

We had a friend years ago who was a quiet and polite social drinker. But at some point she would go over the edge and become like Jekyll and Hyde. Having seen her misbehave on several occasions, we realized that she could go from sober to intoxicated very quickly. Just maybe the manager has seen this customer do the same?

I believe anyone can refuse service to a customer for any reason that is not legally protected such as race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and more recently sexual orientation.

I think with alcohol, the courts would be far more liberal in the case of an establishment refusing to serve additional drinks -- I know my defense would be that I have repeatedly observed his behavior become impaired after 6 drinks -- thus the cut-off.

Regardless it sounds like you simply think the manager is being unfair in his dealings with the customers and you would like to see it righted. I doubt you will find an answer/solution to satisfy this.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Do I sense chum on the H2O?
Old 10-25-2018, 08:14 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

IN NY State there is something called dram shop laws.. not sure how they originated.. but if a patron gets into an accident upon leaving an establishment intoxicated and, for example, kills someone while operating a motor vehicle, the establishment can / will be held liable.. they will most likely lose / have their liquor license suspended.. and be subject to negligence lawsuits.. Do not know if Florida has simlar laws or not.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
IN NY State there is something called dram shop laws.. not sure how they originated.. but if a patron gets into an accident upon leaving an establishment intoxicated and, for example, kills someone while operating a motor vehicle, the establishment can / will be held liable.. they will most likely lose / have their liquor license suspended.. and be subject to negligence lawsuits.. Do not know if Florida has simlar laws or not.

It looks very limited--
Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine
Closed Thread

Tags
red, sauce, drink, person, regulars

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.