Red Sauce Bad Experience

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2019, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Saturday Night Live reference, circa 1977ish. Also the movie, which was 1993.
Caught the SNL Coneheads reference right away. Good for you.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I think Red Sauce is coasting off of...their old good reputation.

Although I hadn't been there in a few years, I took a golf buddy visiting from out of state there last month.

I kept bragging it up and after really slow service, our orders weren't anything special...to justify having waited so long.

While I don't drink and he's well-traveled from visiting golf destinations around the world, he made a wry comment that the 'house' wine (red) that he ordered, probably set them back...at least a whole $5 a bottle.

Even I, who knows nothing of wine... knew that wasn't a compliment.

I apologized and told him that they must have just been having a really off night (it was a Saturday), but after reading other comments...I'm thinking it wasn't a 'one-off.'

That is so disappointing. It's hard to gain a good reputation; so easy to lose it. Yet good management generally shines through. I can't help but shake my head at some of the stories I read about restaurants here on this forum.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Red Sauce has a great location, large outdoor bar and patio, nice inside bar area with entertainment, and a comfortable dining room. Can't rave about the food, but it is always an enjoyable evening.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2019, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
That is so disappointing. It's hard to gain a good reputation; so easy to lose it. Yet good management generally shines through. I can't help but shake my head at some of the stories I read about restaurants here on this forum.
Yeah, I was quite embarrassed (and learned a good lesson)...about building something up so much ahead of time.

The good news is, because of the slow service I got to catch up on some of his great golf stories and trips since I saw him last...like his experience playing in a Pro-Am with Keegan Bradley.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Do their receipts have a customer survey on them, like many chain stores do? If so, you should definitely respond. If not, maybe find the e-mail address to their headquarters and let them know about your disappointment, and comparison to how it was the previous times you'd been. Consistent acceptability is so important when it comes to a high quality experience, even in a mid-range restaurant. It doesn't have to be stellar amazing OMG foodie-perfect. But it does need to bring you back for the same reason you went there the last time.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Do their receipts have a customer survey on them, like many chain stores do? If so, you should definitely respond. If not, maybe find the e-mail address to their headquarters and let them know about your disappointment, and comparison to how it was the previous times you'd been. Consistent acceptability is so important when it comes to a high quality experience, even in a mid-range restaurant. It doesn't have to be stellar amazing OMG foodie-perfect. But it does need to bring you back for the same reason you went there the last time.

Great idea, BUT, it's been my personal experience that those establishments that have basically a 'captive audience' and are conveniently located...aren't all that interested/swayed by customer feedback.

Primarily, because they know there will always be those that will continue to visit...due to those two attributes.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Great idea, BUT, it's been my personal experience that those establishments that have basically a 'captive audience' and are conveniently located...aren't all that interested/swayed by customer feedback.

Primarily, because they know there will always be those that will continue to visit...due to those two attributes.
Even a captive audience will change their tastes, if their current tastes cease to be accommodated. They'll simply find somewhere else to go. But then everyone loses, because the restaurant is not given a chance to improve. The head manager in charge won't know WHY sales are slacking off. He isn't able to watch every diner experience, every hour of every shift every day they're open. All he is able to look at are the metrics. Unless he gets trackable customer feedback.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Even a captive audience will change their tastes, if their current tastes cease to be accommodated. They'll simply find somewhere else to go. But then everyone loses, because the restaurant is not given a chance to improve. The head manager in charge won't know WHY sales are slacking off. He isn't able to watch every diner experience, every hour of every shift every day they're open. All he is able to look at are the metrics. Unless he gets trackable customer feedback.
While I once agree 'in principle,' I think that takes a large leap of faith...that the establishment's management even actually cares.

If a superior location and lots of foot traffic doesn't result in substantial reductions in daily income/receipts...where's their incentive to even bother with feedback?
Old 04-20-2019, 12:37 PM
Veteran member

Redsauce is run differently than the rest of the family restaurants. If you notice, Redsauce is never included in the family restaurant ads. Whoever runs Redsauce should leave the Suleiman Family.
The rest of their restaurants are great.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Four of us went there a year ago. We had terrific pizzas. I mean terrific. We haven't been back since. I'm wondering if it has changed in that time. ??
Old 04-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Red Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Four of us went there a year ago. We had terrific pizzas. I mean terrific. We haven't been back since. I'm wondering if it has changed in that time. ??
We eat there frequently and think the food is very good and reasonably priced. The only time the service has been slow is when they are are full which is most of the time. We don't mind waiting because of the variety of great bread and good olive oil makes the time go quickly.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 PM
Gold member

Typically, their family restaurants has a family member or one of the owners in them almost all of the time. They don't need an anonymous customer survey, just ask to speak to the owner. They have always been very responsive and actually like to speak to their customers.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Typically, their family restaurants has a family member or one of the owners in them almost all of the time. They don't need an anonymous customer survey, just ask to speak to the owner. They have always been very responsive and actually like to speak to their customers.
This is very good to know, thank you! I think hubby and I will want a nice but somewhat affordable place to celebrate once we're completely settled and permanently moved in.
Closed Thread

Tags
red, sauce, lack, waitress, manager

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.