Red Sauce in Sumter? Never Again!

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2022, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
You're 100% right. I oversee a couple of restaurants that are in our company's portfolio and our policy is; if a food item is returned to kitchen for any reason or a guest has to be inconvenienced for any reason at all, the Manager visits the table to make amends. To do anything less than that, is simply poor service and in general, that's what restaurants have to sell ... service.
Thank you Brian. Hope other restaurant workers and owners are reading. I have food and drink at home.....I go out for SERVICE.
Old 03-10-2022, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Did you call the restaurant the next day. Personally, I agree with most on this post, it was obsurd for them to ask you to move, if someone in their chain moved you in error so the pope could have his table, we'll then I feel bad for you, short of that, absolutely not, call manger over to your table to get complete story and certainly receive some sort of comp...anything short of that, well you got screwed , and ow pick up that phone....especially now that ALL of us know and may think twice about going. Best of luck.
Old 03-10-2022, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
Possibly some political overtones were overheard to warrant the seating & service disruption? Just saying
Huh? How could you possibly drag possibly drag a political reason into this event?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-11-2022, 05:49 AM
Veteran member

Great answer most restaurants with a mind to their reputation would do likewise, having said that some customers are a real pain in the rear wanting all types of special service or preparations of food. This event was totally mishandled and the owners should be made aware.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I had the weirdest restaurant experience I can remember, at Red Sauce last night.

A friend drove down from Lecanto, to see a singer he knew, who was singing at Red Sauce last night.

We were seated at a table, without a view of the "stage" area. Before ordering, we noticed the table next to us was empty and had been, for 30+ minutes. As that table had a view of the entertainment, we asked our server if we could move to that table. After checking the Reservation List, he came back and told us the table was available and moved us.

1/2 way through our meal (45 minutes after we had sat down), the "host" came over to us and insisted we move from the table, as it was "reserved". We were 1/2 way through our meals. He didn't even do the "moving", we did.

In what universe is that acceptable hospitality service in a restaurant?

As an aside to the incompetent management, my friend's steak dinner was OK, my Chicken Piccata tasted like a "Stouffer's Frozen Dinner", not fully microwaved. I sent it back once, but when they still couldn't manage to do any better, I gave up.
I think at the crux of this situation is that there was a struggle between your server and the host. The waitress didn’t have the authority to move guests to another table, that’s the host’s job. So when the host found out, she became angry or upset and insisted you move back. That was not the right thing to do of course, especially since you had already been served and were eating. The host should have let it go. Ridiculous to be playing “musical chairs” like that when you’re trying to enjoy your dinner.
Old 03-11-2022, 06:14 AM
Thumbs down

Been there twice. Service was OK, food was meh. Won't go back. Paesano's is way better.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

Sorry to say that if I was eating my dinner I would not get up and move. I don't think they would make a scene about this? If they were insistent then I would just have to leave.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Strange , yes, but my guess is the waiter should not have moved you in the first place. Sorry you did not like your meals. Redsauce is one of our favorite restaurants and is ranked very high on review sites. Hope you find another restaurant to your liking.
Don’t be sorry - things will work out.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:39 AM

Went for lunch last weekend. Medium well burger was almost raw, after waiting a very long time for it to be served. Didn't have enough time to wait for another to be cooked. They did take it off of our bill however ( as they should have). Like everywhere else, totally understaffed. The calamari we had was good!
Old 03-11-2022, 07:40 AM

Well that totally disappoints me. As red sauce is usually my favorite restaurant. It has been so crazy in the villages now, there are a lot of weird things going on.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:47 AM
Default Fancy Problems

How wonderful for us that occurrences such as these are what we get indignant about.
We are blessed
Old 03-11-2022, 07:53 AM
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Could be but could also be that the "host" decided he was all powerful.
Kinda like the moderator in this chatroom…. One day your here that next day you’ve been moved to another table where you can’t say anything…….
Old 03-11-2022, 07:55 AM

The hosts are young girls - a bit inexperienced. I would have never moved and told them to do whatever they want - police? etc. They would have backed down and you could of finished your meal with a view of the entertainment. Can you imagine the police coming - which they would not - enforcing a move at a restaurant!!! That would have been a big HA HA moment for Red Sauce!
Old 03-11-2022, 08:00 AM
Default ?

Did you have a reservation?? Did you ask to be seated to see the entertainment in your reservation? If not…you don’t have a leg to stand on. This is busy season here in case you didn’t notice. Sorry.

Quote:
I had the weirdest restaurant experience I can remember, at Red Sauce last night.

A friend drove down from Lecanto, to see a singer he knew, who was singing at Red Sauce last night.

We were seated at a table, without a view of the "stage" area. Before ordering, we noticed the table next to us was empty and had been, for 30+ minutes. As that table had a view of the entertainment, we asked our server if we could move to that table. After checking the Reservation List, he came back and told us the table was available and moved us.

1/2 way through our meal (45 minutes after we had sat down), the "host" came over to us and insisted we move from the table, as it was "reserved". We were 1/2 way through our meals. He didn't even do the "moving", we did.

In what universe is that acceptable hospitality service in a restaurant?

As an aside to the incompetent management, my friend's steak dinner was OK, my Chicken Piccata tasted like a "Stouffer's Frozen Dinner", not fully microwaved. I sent it back once, but when they still couldn't manage to do any better, I gave up.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
Did you have a reservation?? Did you ask to be seated to see the entertainment in your reservation? If not…you don’t have a leg to stand on. This is busy season here in case you didn’t notice. Sorry.
Once they sat them to me they stay seated. Case closed
Closed Thread

Tags
table, sauce, red, back, 1/2

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.