Redsauce

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Default Redsauce

Had the spaghetti and meatballs last night. Under cooked and the sauce was like watered down tomato soup. Took some home figuring to add some sauce, the box leaked all over because the sauce was so thin.
Friends said you have to ask for thicker sauce. If so, why don,t they tell you?
Last visit there.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog;3***20
Had the spaghetti and meatballs last night. Under cooked and the sauce was like watered down tomato soup. Took some home figuring to add some sauce, the box leaked all over because the sauce was so thin.
Friends said you have to ask for thicker sauce. If so, why don,t they tell you?
Last visit there.
Red Sauce has generally been a quality place for me. It's really a shame that a sauce could be so thin and then LEAKS. This sounds like pure profit for them on this particular dish.

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:15 AM

Real sorry to hear you don't like Red Sauce and won't be coming back. It is in my top 10 and I am so grateful that it is located in LSL.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:35 AM

I too, am sorry to hear of your experience at Red Sauce(also in my top 10). Did you mention the thin sauce to the staff/management? I'm certian they would have gladly fixed the issue.
Also, sorry to haer you spilled it taking it home...you really should be more careful...
Old 04-02-2011, 07:38 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience at red sauce, my husband and I have always been pleased with our meals. We make a point of eating there every time we come down.and plan on making it one of our favorite places when we move down full time in May.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:00 PM

I've had dinner there a few times and I've found the bread, sause and pasta to be mediocre at best . . . good chicken and veal parm but as an Italian Restaurant this place would not last a week on Federal Hill in Providence or the North End of Boston. Down here it is average with a group of very unexciting Italian restaurants but has the advantage of being on the square . . . dollar for dollar Giovanni's is the best Italian meal in TV.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Try the scungelli at Little Joey's in Baylee Plaza..............and I do like Giovanni's too.........

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
I've had dinner there a few times and I've found the bread, sause and pasta to be mediocre at best . . . good chicken and veal parm but as an Italian Restaurant this place would not last a week on Federal Hill in Providence or the North End of Boston. Down here it is average with a group of very unexciting Italian restaurants but has the advantage of being on the square . . . dollar for dollar Giovanni's is the best Italian meal in TV.
Another vote for Giovanni's Italian. Unfortunately the restaurant is tiny and there is usually a long wait-line. Like a lot of Village restaurants, they don't take reservations.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:40 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
Try the scungelli at Little Joey's in Baylee Plaza..............and I do like Giovanni's too.........
We ate a couple of time at Little Joeys and had really enjoyed the food both times. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Giovanni's.

I've eaten Gnocchi (potato based pasta) all my life; at restaurants, supermarket and my mother made it homemade all her life. I have to say that Giovanni's was the absolute worst I've ever had. It was more like hardened stale polenta (corn meal mush) than gnocchi. BTW, my mother made polenta with bakala (salted cod fish) and I loved it! Interestingly, when she was young, her parents would wash off the kitchen table and it was served directly on the table without dishes! Must have been a tradition in Italy. Unfortunately I've never found a restaurant that has it on their menu.
I might try Giovanni's again since one product that doesn't suit my taste, makes not a bad restaurant. The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 04-08-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
We ate a couple of time at Little Joeys and had really enjoyed the food both times. Unfortunately I can't say the same about Giovanni's.

I've eaten Gnocchi (potato based pasta) all my life; at restaurants, supermarket and my mother made it homemade all her life. I have to say that Giovanni's was the absolute worst I've ever had. It was more like hardened stale polenta (corn meal mush) than gnocchi. BTW, my mother made polenta with bakala (salted cod fish) and I loved it! Interestingly, when she was young, her parents would wash off the kitchen table and it was served directly on the table without dishes! Must have been a tradition in Italy. Unfortunately I've never found a restaurant that has it on their menu.
I might try Giovanni's again since one product that doesn't suit my taste, makes not a bad restaurant. The Villages Florida
Red Sauce has a rude manager who aggravates customers. We once ordered their $7 special. When there was a complaint about the service, he said "thats what you get for $7" Like many others, my Red Sauce days are over.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post

We were talking about baccala this morning and yes it was served in my home with polenta..yum........as for Giovanni's, the pizza is good, as is the chicken parm.......good luck on your food watch

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 04-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Redsauce

In my Italian family you were required to discuss politics and religion. What you tried to ignore was cooking, and especially meat sauce, because they would get you into really trouble. I am partial to a thick meat sauce. While in the military as a kid I had my wife mentor under my mother so she cooks just like her. Gnocchi, rivioli veal dishes, Florentine rolls, home amde pizza, past figoli. Made myself hungry. anyway I found Giovanni's OK, Much to my surprise I liked Olive Gardens sauce better than redsauce both the meat sauce and tomato (mara sp) sauce. Finally its meat sauce and not gravy. Gravy goes on your mash potatoes
Old 04-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgvegas View Post
Red Sauce has a rude manager who aggravates customers. We once ordered their $7 special. When there was a complaint about the service, he said "thats what you get for $7" Like many others, my Red Sauce days are over.
Like I said on another thread about "Red Sauce" I probably won't go back. Seems that some are regular customers and rave about it and then others have had a bad experience. My only experience was ordering a pizza and it came out without pizza sauce. I told the server that it was the worse pizza I ever had and didn't have sauce on it. He told me that they could have put sauce on it if I would have asked for it. I didn't know I had to specify pizza sauce on a pizza.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Eternal Member

I love the pizza at Red Sauce. I always order cheese & pepperoni. Probably had it at least 15 times. I think it's really good. Especially for the price !
Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday;3***31
I too, am sorry to hear of your experience at Red Sauce(also in my top 10). Did you mention the thin sauce to the staff/management? I'm certian they would have gladly fixed the issue.
Also, sorry to haer you spilled it taking it home...you really should be more careful...
Red Sauce is in our top 5 - but seriously, chastising the poster to be more careful? We are none of us perfect! If I wanted to be really snarky I might point out the spell check feature, but that would disappoint Gracie...

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.