Redsauce

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 PM

My wife and I were down last week and once again thought Redsauce was excellent. We love Italian food and consider ourselves a little picky about it and weren't disappointed.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:55 AM
Veteran member

We love Redsauce too. The 2 for $12 is a great deal if they are offering something we like that day. I guess I can be as surly as the most inhospitable server or host/hostess. Just look ar 'em and say " I will also order a smile to go"

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

I'm not sure it's good for a restaurant's longevity to have such a wide divergence of opinion on the quality of their food and service. While none can make everyone happy it seems like the split is close to 50/50.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

3 friends and I ate there last evening. I had the gnocci which was absolutely wonderful. But there were little things that I really did not like. The rolls were served refrigerator cold with frozen butter pats. We also had brought a birthday cake for my friend and asked the waiter to keep it in the refrigerator as it was a cream cake and we were eating outside. He flatly told us that he couldn't do that because he couldn't guarantee that it would be there when we wanted it! We asked to see the manager and an older man came out and told us that this was their policy on "busy" nights. I sure hope that they continue to be "busy" with that attitude!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Veteran member

Mac9 - You took a birthday cake to a restaurant to eat there? No, I would not let you store a cake in my fridge either. I would expect you to buy a cake from me as a restaurant owner and not to bring in your own dessert.

If you wanted your own cake, you should have bought it earlier in the day, stored it at your own house, and taken your friends home for coffee and cake.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Eternal Member

I have taken cakes to many restaurants when I've had the get together there for a birthday, anniversary or shower & they will always refrigerate it for us. It has never been a problem with anyone. We always take them to Codys when someone has a birthday. Trust me, they don't expect you to buy a piece of cake for everyone in the party.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katezbox View Post
Red Sauce is in our top 5 - but seriously, chastising the poster to be more careful? We are none of us perfect! If I wanted to be really snarky I might point out the spell check feature, but that would disappoint Gracie...
Don't mean to hijack this, but there is spell check on here??? GREAT NEWS for me, but, where the heck is it?
Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Veteran member

Tbugs, I don't know where you are from, but this is done quite often here and also up north. Some restaurants will charge you a plate charge for the service and I have always willingly paid it. This is the first time that I have been refused the service.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:02 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
Don't mean to hijack this, but there is spell check on here??? GREAT NEWS for me, but, where the heck is it?
Click on Reply. Click on the ABCcheckmark in the upper right hand corner. Click on OK. Download and Install IeSpell. Shutdown all IE windows and restart IE. Click on Tools on the IE task bar and click in IeSpell Options to configure it for your use.

Bring up TOTV and do a reply. Click on Tools on the IE task bar and click on IeSpell to check the spelling.

During the first reply you will get a request to download an active X control. Click okay. Before you click OK save what you were typing because it will go bye-bye.

You can also use this spell check on other internet sites. That is why I like it so much.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.

Last edited by zcaveman; 04-30-2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-30-2011, 08:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Click on Reply. Click on the ABCcheckmark in the upper right hand corner. Click on OK. Download and Install IeSpell. Shutdown all IE windows and restart IE. Click on Tools on the IE task bar and click in IeSpell Options to configure it for your use.

Bring up TOTV and do a reply. Click on Tools on the IE task bar and click on IeSpell to check the spelling.

During the first reply you will get a request to download an active X control. Click okay. Before you click OK save what you were typing because it will go bye-bye.

You can also use this spell check on other internet sites. That is why I like it so much.

Z
Whoa! Thanks Z, I wrote all that down... later on, when I'm ready for a new adventure, I'll dive in.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM

I agree that red sauce is mediocre at best. The sauce has no flavor and no spice!!
Old 05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Sage

We've always enjoyed our meals at Redsauce.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 PM

My wife and I had dinner there and we found the food to be mediocre - at best. I'm sure we'll give it another try, but it won't be anytime soon.

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 05-11-2011, 04:59 PM

We have dined at Red Sauce about 5 or 6 times in our 2 visits to TV. We liked the food very much each time. I think their eggplant parm is the best I've had anywhere. My husband loves the mussels. I'm sure Red Sauce will be one of the restaurants we will frequent once we move in, so I hope we will continue to be pleased.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:26 AM
Veteran member

Sharing an antipasto and couple of gin and tonics sitting at the hightops outside at Red Sauce has been very relaxing and enjoyable for us. Early afternoon isn't so busy and the food and service has been excellent! Have never had a bad meal whether being seated inside or out.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.