Reservations at Chop House

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2022, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts
Default Reservations at Chop House

Just wondering....have any of you been able to make reservations at Chop House for Christmas Eve? I've been told they do not accept reservations for for this day or Christmas Day until after Thanksgiving.

Last year, Chop House told me the same thing.......not taking reservations until the day after Thanksgiving. Well......Last year, I was at Chop House when they opened at 11am the day after Thanksgiving to make a reservation for Christmas Eve. I was told they were all booked up the for time I asked for.

They had no explanation for me when I explained to them I was told they did not take reservations until after Thanksgiving. I still don't understand it.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just wondering....have any of you been able to make reservations at Chop House for Christmas Eve? I've been told they do not accept reservations for for this day or Christmas Day until after Thanksgiving.

Last year, Chop House told me the same thing.......not taking reservations until the day after Thanksgiving. Well......Last year, I was at Chop House when they opened at 11am the day after Thanksgiving to make a reservation for Christmas Eve. I was told they were all booked up the for time I asked for.

They had no explanation for me when I explained to them I was told they did not take reservations until after Thanksgiving. I still don't understand it.
Maybe it is invitation only? Or maybe you have to tip someone to get you on the "advance" list.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:

They are not open on Christmas Day. They might not have decided on Christmas Eve hours.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,709 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:

I understand it. They lied to you. Why don't businesses just tell the truth?

Reminds me of the time I tried to reserve an oceanfront room at the Hale Koa hotel in Hawaii. Amazingly, those rooms were booked up forever. (Unless you are an Army General).
Old 11-20-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I understand it. They lied to you. Why don't businesses just tell the truth?

Reminds me of the time I tried to reserve an oceanfront room at the Hale Koa hotel in Hawaii. Amazingly, those rooms were booked up forever. (Unless you are an Army General).
That's what the world is coming to. Read on TOTV and other sites about about the guy convicted of felony perjury and all the people upset because he was caught..... not because he lied.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Reservations and Chop House.

Yes, I have ‘em.

About. Not at.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Reservations and Chop House.

Yes, I have ‘em.

About. Not at.
Thanks for the chuckle!
Old 11-20-2022, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
That's what the world is coming to. Read on TOTV and other sites about about the guy convicted of felony perjury and all the people upset because he was caught..... not because he lied.
Exactly!
Old 11-20-2022, 12:31 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:

Electronic reservations can fill up in minutes and are probably not monitored as closely
Old 11-20-2022, 01:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,605 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:

Might make sense to take a drive up tomorrow and ask them directly, share you experience from last year.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:31 PM

Going to the restaurant to make a reservation is likely never a good idea. Chop house uses an electronic reservation system easily accessed conveniently on their website. They may have opened reservations for the day you wanted early in the day and by the time you arrived on site all the web users already took all the slots
Always check the restaurant websites first. If it gives an option to book a reservation that is the preferred method and you should always use that option first.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,605 Times in 942 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0773 View Post
Going to the restaurant to make a reservation is likely never a good idea. Chop house uses an electronic reservation system easily accessed conveniently on their website. They may have opened reservations for the day you wanted early in the day and by the time you arrived on site all the web users already took all the slots
Always check the restaurant websites first. If it gives an option to book a reservation that is the preferred method and you should always use that option first.
I was suggesting going there tomorrow to ask them what the policy is for Christmas.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
Thanks for the chuckle!
I didn't get it.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Might make sense to take a drive up tomorrow and ask them directly, share you experience from last year.
I went to the restaurant a few days ago and was told they don't take reservations for Christmas Eve until after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0773 View Post
Thank you. I will do that.

EDIT: I just looked at the Chop House website and it says to call the restaurant to make reservations for parties of 5 or more. We are a larger party so I will either have to call or go to the restaurant in person. I prefer to go in person.

Tags
reservations, house, thanksgiving, chop, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.