Restaurant labor shortages

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2021, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I guess it depends on the study or data that one chooses to believe. I have read several articles that state the mRNA vaccines offer more protection than natural infection. I believe the vaccines are more protective than natural infection.

The CDC says so. I believe the CDC........
New CDC Study: Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC
As the person who replied to you said

Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
So that's the study you believe because it fits your views”

These very un-American posters driven by somebody or something are living in a world of fantasy that fits their views as established by someone or someone opposed to truth.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I guess it depends on the study or data that one chooses to believe. I have read several articles that state the mRNA vaccines offer more protection than natural infection. I believe the vaccines are more protective than natural infection.

The CDC says so. I believe the CDC........
New CDC Study: Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC
No, that's not what that study says at all.

That study says that previous infection VS Previous infection + Vaccination and the latter is better at preventing re-infection.

What they did not compare is Vaccinations VS Pre-infection. That is what the Israeli study showed and it is pretty clear that natural infection produces a more robust immune reaction vs vaccination alone.

>>>These findings suggest that among persons with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, full vaccination provides additional protection against reinfection.

If you think the headline from the CDC was intentionally disingenuous, you wouldn't be alone. It was designed to get people to come to the same conclusion you did. That vaccination is better than natural infection, but the study didn't address that _AT ALL_.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm vaxxed and all for it. I'm also pro-data and against presenting the data in such a way that people come to incorrect conclusions.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
Well shiver me timbers and blow me down Popeye! And don't forget to eat your spinach! Bluto could be just around the corner!
Old 09-02-2021, 05:32 PM

You are NOT free to make me sick with COVID - just because you choose NOT to wear a mask!
Old 09-03-2021, 04:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1couple View Post
most places that have a worker shortage had it before Covid they don’t pay very much no benefits and treat employees like crap
And you know this how??
Old 09-03-2021, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
You are NOT free to make me sick with COVID - just because you choose NOT to wear a mask!

So, you are saying that anyone without a mask is infected? I have no intention of wearing a mask UNLESS the store says they will not allow me access, AND I really need to shop there. If I have Covid, and I have symptoms I will not go out in public, period. If I have Covid and have no symptoms, then....well I guess I won't know I have it. Either way, if you have your vaccination you have no worry. If you have no confidence in the vaccination, then why do you insist everyone else get it? At any rate, whether you have been vaxxed or not, and you feel you deserve protection, then I advise you to wear your placebo mask, but really you should stay home.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

/// off-topic response removed ///

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 09-03-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

This thread needs to die already
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, points, posters, labor, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.