Restaurant labor shortages

Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2021, 07:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,854 Times in 893 Posts
Default Restaurant labor shortages

The Economics of Rudeness - Mauldin Economics

I am sure that there are a number of them amongst the posters here. . . has to be given their points and replies here.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post

I am sure that there are a number of them amongst the posters here. . . has to be given their points and replies here.
Quote:
These serious cases are often people who chose not to be vaccinated. No matter how professional and compassionate you are, treating someone who voluntarily exposed themselves to a possibly fatal disease must be tough.
I didn't quit my job at Publix because of angry customers. Been in retail too long to let them get the best of me. Ugly is ugly whether there's a pandemic or not.

But it's definitely an upside to not having to work anymore. I can now stand up to ANYONE throwing that kind of abuse at me, without worrying about losing my job. You have a problem with me wearing a mask? Tough. You have a problem with me telling you to back the heck up if you're getting too close? Good luck with getting me to shut up about it. It'll just make me louder now. I never liked people breathing down my neck before the pandemic, you bet your sweet bippy I won't stand for it now.

You don't like me giving you dirty looks when you cough in the store, and don't cover your mouth? Well then next time, cover your damned mouth.

And yes I will be vocal about it now. Because I'm no longer being paid to care what anyone else thinks.

Adding - and if I'm in line and the person in front of me is abusing the cashier, calling them stupid just because they're trying to do their job - you better believe I'll be coming to that cashier's defense.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,854 Times in 893 Posts

Yes, I have noticed that about people as they age or incompetence and quality goes down hill, and I call it "the rat syndrome", because their is no benefit in being nice anymore, its all for oneself in the rat race.

Lets just say i was like that over the weekend, and my wife was not happy with me, as it wasn't helpful when someone was trying to help me. . . of course I was made at the machine being programmed to go slower than I was.
Old 09-01-2021, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I didn't quit my job at Publix because of angry customers. Been in retail too long to let them get the best of me. Ugly is ugly whether there's a pandemic or not.

But it's definitely an upside to not having to work anymore. I can now stand up to ANYONE throwing that kind of abuse at me, without worrying about losing my job. You have a problem with me wearing a mask? Tough. You have a problem with me telling you to back the heck up if you're getting too close? Good luck with getting me to shut up about it. It'll just make me louder now. I never liked people breathing down my neck before the pandemic, you bet your sweet bippy I won't stand for it now.

You don't like me giving you dirty looks when you cough in the store, and don't cover your mouth? Well then next time, cover your damned mouth.

And yes I will be vocal about it now. Because I'm no longer being paid to care what anyone else thinks.

Adding - and if I'm in line and the person in front of me is abusing the cashier, calling them stupid just because they're trying to do their job - you better believe I'll be coming to that cashier's defense.
I am not vaccinated but I also have the antibodies as the results of my blood analysis show, and I don't begrudge anyone wearing a mask; that is their choice. We live in a free country.
What I do is treat everyone with dignity and respect and I don't let anger overcome me when I see someone being abusive. If someone is abusive towards me, I simply smile and move on. These people are not worthy of my time and attention. Let them be angry, I choose to be happy and kind towards others.
Anger is a sign of weakness and it's the punishment we give ourselves for someone else's mistake. What a concept.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 09-01-2021, 04:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

Hospital and Medical professionals should Not have to treat non- vaccinated people! Putting their lives on the line on a daily basis is why there is a mass exodus of Nurses....This pandemic is a Global Intelligence test that China has created!
Old 09-01-2021, 04:15 AM

Quote:

Well shiver me timbers and blow me down Popeye! And don't forget to eat your spinach! Bluto could be just around the corner!
Old 09-01-2021, 05:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Thank you for sharing this it is so true and have seen it many times in restaurants here. My daughter works at the fire department in the office and deals with this everyday. People please be kind everyone is tired of the pandemic.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:06 AM
Default Toxic work place

Quote:

most places that have a worker shortage had it before Covid they don’t pay very much no benefits and treat employees like crap
Old 09-01-2021, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

I understand your opinion but we do not live in a free country. There are plenty of rules and regulations from seat belts to no smoking to kids getting vaccinated if they want to go to public schools, so why are you so upset that everyone has to wear a mask?
Old 09-01-2021, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

Just as there are plenty of places that don't understand the worth of an employee, there are also plenty of places that do treat workers with respect give them Fair wages and understand the value of a human body
Old 09-01-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaguey48 View Post
I am not vaccinated but I also have the antibodies as the results of my blood analysis show, and I don't begrudge anyone wearing a mask; that is their choice. We live in a free country.
What I do is treat everyone with dignity and respect and I don't let anger overcome me when I see someone being abusive. If someone is abusive towards me, I simply smile and move on. These people are not worthy of my time and attention. Let them be angry, I choose to be happy and kind towards others.
Anger is a sign of weakness and it's the punishment we give ourselves for someone else's mistake. What a concept.
Have you ever considered your failure to protect yourself and more importantly others, through vaccination, abusive to those unsuspecting people you come in contact with
Old 09-01-2021, 07:09 AM

Can't believe people are arguing it's okay to be mean to people. If you are angry, you let yourself become angry.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 2,147 Times in 746 Posts

I'm sure getting paid more to stay home rather than going to work has something to do with it...human nature.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Default Rude customers

Quote:

Perhaps we need one of these restaurants to open in The Villages. Their waitstaff are intentionally rude and just give it back. America’s Thirteen Most Abusive Restaurants
Old 09-01-2021, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

You go girl...!
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, points, posters, labor, number

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.