Restaurant Prices Hit New Highs

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2017, 02:44 PM
Gold member
Default Restaurant Prices Hit New Highs

Within just the past week I have heard comments from other Villagers commenting about a marked increase price in menu prices. I hadn't noticed it myself because we don't visit the local restaurants very often. But yesterday, after playing gold we decided to stop for a light lunch. With only water to drink, two sandwiches, and including tip, my bill for myself and my wife was
$31.24...Now that I consider my friends comments, this does seem a little expensive. A Cuban sandwich at $13.50 and my hamburger at $10.50. The sandwiches did come with a few chips and slaw.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Within just the past week I have heard comments from other Villagers commenting about a marked increase price in menu prices. I hadn't noticed it myself because we don't visit the local restaurants very often. But yesterday, after playing gold we decided to stop for a light lunch. With only water to drink, two sandwiches, and including tip, my bill for myself and my wife was
$31.24...Now that I consider my friends comments, this does seem a little expensive. A Cuban sandwich at $13.50 and my hamburger at $10.50. The sandwiches did come with a few chips and slaw.
There are some great deals to be had at the new Bob Evans. The burgers are $7.95 including fries. The only problem is they still don't have it together as far as the service and the kitchen yet. The other night we waited an hour for our food, although they tried to give us other people's food three times. I'm sure they will smooth out the wrinkles eventually.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I bet you ate at Havana?
Old 01-29-2017, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Maybe some of the restaurants have figured they cannot continue to cater to TV residents ongoing cry for lower prices and stay in business.

Good food and good service is always a good value.

The prices here do not seem out of line with the surrounding area restaurants pricing.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:31 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Today I had a full rack of ribs, slaw, baked potato, Texas toast and water with lemon and my wife had the same ribs with, baked sweet potato, green beans, Texas toast with water with lemon. $10.95 each plus tax and tip for this meal. Excellent food, reasonably priced and good service at Oakwood in Lady Lake. A couple of weeks ago we paid $13.95 each for the same meals.

A lower price is probably an exception rather than the rule. However, I find prices to be very reasonable at many restaurants in The Villages. At one restaurant you may pay $9.95 for a burger and fries and at another $5.95 for a burger and fries. To each his own.
Old 01-29-2017, 07:47 PM
Sage

Did you see the prices on the menu before you ordered? If you thought they were out of line why'd you staY?

The choice is yours,prior to commitment after that price is no reason to complain.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:44 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Today I had a full rack of ribs, slaw, baked potato, Texas toast and water with lemon and my wife had the same ribs with, baked sweet potato, green beans, Texas toast with water with lemon. $10.95 each plus tax and tip for this meal. Excellent food, reasonably priced and good service at Oakwood in Lady Lake. A couple of weeks ago we paid $13.95 each for the same meals.

A lower price is probably an exception rather than the rule. However, I find prices to be very reasonable at many restaurants in The Villages. At one restaurant you may pay $9.95 for a burger and fries and at another $5.95 for a burger and fries. To each his own.
Yes, Oakwood is great for ribs! That dinner you had today was their January special. It is only for Sundays in January from 11:30 - 3.

We will have to see what the February special will be. The menu price for the full rack is $16.95.

I had a great catfish dinner at Bubba's on Hwy 27 in Clermont last week for $10.95.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
I bet you ate at Havana?
True LOL
Old 01-30-2017, 01:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Did you see the prices on the menu before you ordered? If you thought they were out of line why'd you staY?

The choice is yours,prior to commitment after that price is no reason to complain.
Please pay attention to my post. I did not complain, I merely passed along comments from others.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:15 PM

Prices here are very fair. If you look for bargains as advertised and specials etc. you can eat out very inexpensively. Yesterday had a wonderful Dinner at Disney, in fact great dinner. 2 people, $123.04 with tip and one beer. It was a fair price given atmosphere, quality, quantity.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Restaurant prices , the best restaurant all subjective. and dependent on elasticity/consumer choice/philosophical outlook/economic outlook. No matter what one s someone else will have an opposite opinion.

If you don't like being in the kitchen then you are most likely to be willing to pay the piper. If you are visiting a restaurant because you desire to reward yourself on association then the moment the place, the food, the price has more meaning.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Restaurant prices , the best restaurant all subjective. and dependent on elasticity/consumer choice/philosophical outlook/economic outlook. No matter what one s someone else will have an opposite opinion.

If you don't like being in the kitchen then you are most likely to be willing to pay the piper. If you are visiting a restaurant because you desire to reward yourself on association then the moment the place, the food, the price has more meaning.
I am trying to understand your incoherent comment. I find little relationship in the prices and the quality of food in restaurants. I have paid a lot of money for very poor food and paid a very reasonable price for some outstanding food.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Veteran member

Prices come down when the snowbirds leave. Lots of good deals in the summertime
Old 02-07-2017, 02:57 AM
Sage

Also the quality and the service improves
Old 02-07-2017, 05:56 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
I am trying to understand your incoherent comment. I find little relationship in the prices and the quality of food in restaurants. I have paid a lot of money for very poor food and paid a very reasonable price for some outstanding food.
Yes, that is what I opined stated another way "some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"Oscar Wilde.

My first ocean liner cruise was worth every penny paid. The second cruise not so much(elasticity) Quality can be subjective as some people are enamored by the ambience of a place (ie if it looks good it taste good

My wife and I prefer eating at home 99.9% of the time. better prices, better quality more selections and fits with our retirement financial plan

Generally speaking we all spend about the same percentage of our savings. we just do it in different ways

Personal Best Regards:
Closed Thread

Tags
sandwiches, comments, prices, light, drink

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.