Restaurant Review

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2020, 02:55 PM

Just because you have not enjoyed your meals does not mean there are no good restaurants. I beg to differ as I have enjoyed all the ones I have visited. Best to keep bad experiences to oneself
Old 10-18-2020, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roron123 View Post
Just because you have not enjoyed your meals does not mean there are no good restaurants. I beg to differ as I have enjoyed all the ones I have visited. Best to keep bad experiences to oneself
I like to hear what others think of restaurants, if one bad review will probably disregard but if a bunch of them it sends a signal.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:26 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noslices1 View Post
I had a GREAT meal at Mickey D’s the other day. Big Mac, fries and a Coke. Man, were they good.
Real class begins and ends @ Burger King. Have a Whopper. It's heaven on a bun.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We have lived in TV for 8years and eat out frequently. The restaurants that we regularly go to have opened since we have moved here. ChopHouse BlueFin, Wolfgang Puck, Sammy's, Mezza Luna, I bar b que and Piesano's are our favorites. Additionally, there are very good restaurants in Ocala and Turners in Leesburg is excellent. Additionally, we like Sakura and Bamboo Bistro.
Agree. Mezza Luna, Wolfgang Puck And Bluefin very good ever time. Ricciardis has always been good too. Also good restaurants in Mt Dora.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:48 PM
Default Ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Two couples one from each couple got sick.
Maybe when the others weren't looking they shared some food. 😂
Old 10-18-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taruffi57 View Post
Been here 16+ yrs. - from Orlando. It makes no sense that a community as large as TV would have such a lack of creative, fresh ingredients eateries. What we have are most all of the chain, and very mediocre restaurants. And endlessly repetitive ethnic restaurants. Even Bonefish has deteriorated over the years. We regularly drive an hr. or more away, to eat what is not available here. Especially seafood.
We're do you go for "good" seafood? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-18-2020, 06:36 PM

Tell the restaurant manager immediately.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:06 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
Nice to hear the truth people come here pay a lot of money for mediocre service and food.
A lot of money?? Food is ridiculously cheap here... but that depends on where you are from...
Old 10-18-2020, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carhirsch View Post
Tell the restaurant manager immediately.
Whom are you talking about?
Old 10-18-2020, 08:55 PM

Making a blanket statement about TV restaurants is like throwing the baby out with the bath water, so to speak. Is all the food good at every restaurant? No, but neither is it at restaurants outside TV. There are certain items I like at each restaurant so I go to enjoy those entrees and skip the others. The same as any restaurant. I'd like to know where you found a perfect restaurant where all the food is wonderful. Would love to try it.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

The closest Indian restaurant is 20 miles away. That just makes me so sad. My usual Indian food place was less than 10 miles from home up north, and there was another one around 6 blocks from the house if I didn't feel like driving.

I'm okay with Giovanni's pizza, it's tasty and well apportioned. But it's not the style I prefer. Their calzones look amazing though, I might try one next week. But that's another place that's a 20-minute drive from home.

The Chinese food here is horrible. Yes I've been to the one everyone says is awesome. But if the best you can come up with is "better than horrible" then sure - it's awesome. I'll stick to Panda Express til I can find something that isn't either loaded with MSG, or over-salted and under-spiced. It may be fast food but at least it's consistent and doesn't make me reach for a gallon of water for the rest of the day.

I haven't seen one REAL Greek restaurant yet. Taki's, nah. Amerikano's, not even almost. And a decent falafel joint? I don't know if it's any good but the closest one to us is - again - 20 miles away. Wouldn't mind seeing a real actual Greek Diner too, but I guess that's a pipe dream.

Unlike some folks, I'm not looking for gourmet food. I'm just looking for authentic ethnic food of reasonable quality. No interest in anything fancy. Falafel, tahini, nice salads, chicken curry and kheer or gulab jamun for dessert - heck even a nice bowl of mulligatawny soup would be a treat. This is "common" food in other countries. It's also pretty common in other states, where diversity is embraced, not merely tolerated or accepted. One can have steak or fried chicken only so many times before you want to know where the nearest ethnic restaurant is, where you'd find people of those ethnicities actually willing to eat the food there.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:12 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,757 Times in 756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfish View Post
Overall I think the restaurants in The Villages are absolutely terrible. Can't even say I have a favorite. Bonefish is the closest to Good. Just tried the Mission BBQ and it was terrible. So even the new restaurants are bad. Guess that's why we usually go outside the bubble for dinner.
Agree, definitely nothing outstanding, but yes, Bonefish, Chop House, a few more are better than others. But, it's a trade off, "pretty good" and a lot of mediocre chains, for less crime and hassle of Chicago, L.A., San Fran, etc. I tried Mission twice now. I found it good and the brisket really good ! But, the first time order sandwiches (to pick up). Each had 4 slices of brisket exactly 2" by 4.5" inches. I believe they said 3 oz. Each was $10.19 plus tax, and did not come with fries (or beans, slaw, or something !). Next time ordered "meat market" style. Got 7 slices of brisket this way, exactly 2" by 4.5" also. Got a piece of cornbread with that and believe it was $10.49. After twice of $20 plus for a couple sandwiches, I'd say IF I did it again I'd order the "meat market" and again make us each a sandwich at home with more meat even if we had to use our own buns as we did before; but just seems for about $21 plus $4 tip, should be able to get two sandwiches and fries ? But the "meat market" way to order worked best for us even having to use our own buns at home !
Old 10-19-2020, 03:52 AM
Default Not All Are Bad!

Originally from NY, and more recently South FL, we arw used to and appreciate good food. We have enjoyed our meals at Blufin, Lopez Legacy, and Havana CC. Have many more to try including Chop House and Riccardi's. Not a big fan of chain restaurants, but Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse are decent.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:57 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoiron View Post
We're do you go for "good" seafood? Thanks in advance.
We like Boston Fish House for a trip out of THE BUBBLE
Boston's Fish House - Menu
Old 10-19-2020, 02:46 PM

I agree they are not the best. The food is all fried or greasy and not even the Italian restaurants use seasoning. If I had to pick a favorite inside the bubble it would be The Lighthouse.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, terrible, restaurant, guess, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.