Old 09-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Default Gluten free recommendations for dinner

Were having a guest come to visit that is gluten intolerant
Would appreciate knowing what restaurants offer gluten free
dishes

Thank you
Old 09-20-2018, 01:33 PM
fw102807

Almost all of the restaurants and Country Clubs either have gluten free menus or will suggest items that can be made gluten free. There is a website called Find Me Gluten Free that we use. http://www.findmeglutenfree.com/sear...C%20FL%2032162
Old 09-20-2018, 01:38 PM

They don't need to necessarily offer it, like Salmon with veggies and rice is gluten free, for example as long as there are no marinades or sauces involved that have soy.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Sage

Anything processed will have gluten in it. I find that if I stay with simple/clean foods---meats without seasonings but grilled. A nice salad and maybe a baked potato it's plenty. Prepared gluten-free foods (the kind you find in stores...and maybe restaurants) will have flours/sugars in them that aren't healthy in the long run. BUT if you must...Culver's has a gluten-free bun with it's burgers...but you have to ask. Some of the country clubs offer "gluten free" items as well. I've found that being "grain free"---the choices of places to eat are lessened but do-able. You just have to plan!
Old 09-20-2018, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We go out to lunch every week with someone who's gluten-intolerant. Both NYPizza (do I have that name right) and Red Sauce have gluten-free pizzas. Also, the Bowl Bar (if that's still open) has some gluten-free. We've eaten at First Watch with them, Square 1 in Pinellas Plaza, Amerikanos, and Metro Diner. And country clubs, as someone mentioned. We've gone to Mexican places too, where she has corn tortillas that have no flour blended in. Las Magueyes is one. Amrit Palace in Ocala if they like curry or other Indian dishes.

One time (not on a weekend), the chef at Johnny Rockets made her gluten-free fish and chips. They also have some gluten-free items on their menu.
Old 09-20-2018, 04:10 PM

Some things are terrible (any kind of roll and the GF pasta) but the pizza can be really good.
Closed Thread

Tags
gluten, free, knowing, intolerant, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.