Restaurant Reviews

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2018, 07:00 AM
Sage

If you happen to read the unmentionable online news source--it was only open to special guests--the starting gate for the masses goes up today

looking @ their hours--closing 10PM during the week and 11PM weekends it may take the title of most DUI's from any location from City Fire in LSL
Old 09-17-2018, 07:44 AM

Oh that’s right. I would have thought ‘special guests’ at the soft open8ng would have already been raving about it. So now we shall wait to see.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:07 AM

P.S. - ok I just looked @ the ‘unmentionable’ news & see what the ‘special’ people are saying so far. The photos of appetizers look good.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I can go out for breakfast and I can go out and have coffee and really enjoy it, but to just eat out at night just to be out is not something I can do. I have this awful problem where I look at the food on the plate and know how much it would cost me to serve this at home, and it would taste so much better if I had made it. However, we do enjoy Rose Plantation and Bonefish and if it was not for the excessive noise we would still frequent the Lighthouse and we used to really LOVE Glenview before the original owner sold it and the new owner managed to ruin it overnight, but it is still packed in the winter season - so maybe it's our problem!!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-17-2018, 10:25 AM
Sage

Its not your problem--the owner of the Glenview, La Hacienda, and the 2 World of beers-is a cardiologists-- restaurants are a see line--ambience of the restaurant besides the food is a factor for an enjoyable meal---looking @ the long tables a @ the Bluefin--will contribute to the noise level

Big round tables would be way better so people dob't have to shout to be heard
Old 09-17-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I can go out for breakfast and I can go out and have coffee and really enjoy it, but to just eat out at night just to be out is not something I can do. I have this awful problem where I look at the food on the plate and know how much it would cost me to serve this at home, and it would taste so much better if I had made it. However, we do enjoy Rose Plantation and Bonefish and if it was not for the excessive noise we would still frequent the Lighthouse and we used to really LOVE Glenview before the original owner sold it and the new owner managed to ruin it overnight, but it is still packed in the winter season - so maybe it's our problem!!
Yes, Rose Plantation & Bonefish are my two favorites. The noise level at most places makes it difficult to enjoy a meal. So farI have not cared much for any of those Fred K’s country clubs. But I will keep an open mind about the Bluefin. But I must say I Usually cannot agree with most others opinions re: food service.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

The early Bluefin reviews have all been on Next Door, a neighborhood forum. Check it out. The reviews have been positively positive and challenge the dominant paradigm here that Villagers won't support upscale dining. Look under the Bluefin thread here and you'll see comments about how packed the place was today.

Tags
reviews, paper, exists--, people, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.