Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Restaurant safety (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/restaurant-safety-304406/)

RockyMountainMan 03-27-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len84pa (Post 1734170)
With so many restaurants offering "takeout" and delivery, what are they doing to assure customers that ALL food handlers are virus free?

What safety / sanitation measures are they imposing on ALL food handlers?

Have ALL food handlers been tested for the virus?

Since you obviously are freaking out and needlessly panicking, here's a thought...stay home and cook your own meals!!!!

Nucky 03-27-2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by len84pa (Post 1734388)
Don’t shoot the messenger. I just asked the question.
Let’s see how you feel 1month from now or when the first restaurant admits that a worker has the virus.

You asked a very good question and got fed a pile of bull. I'm sorry that happened. You deserve a real answer. I wish I had it but I don't. :pray: I don't think they have to prove they have been tested to go to work.

Ndodd 03-27-2020 09:39 AM

There is the point.....all workers and All of us here in The Villages should be having test......we are at a disadvantage not knowing who has the Virus or is a carrier.....there has only been 2500 Virus test here in Florida ....very small test here in The Village.....thinking All of us should be asking where are test kits for us in The village......we have a wonderful place here with Good people....

DianeM 03-27-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndodd (Post 1734499)
There is the point.....all workers and All of us here in The Villages should be having test......we are at a disadvantage not knowing who has the Virus or is a carrier.....there has only been 2500 Virus test here in Florida ....very small test here in The Village.....thinking All of us should be asking where are test kits for us in The village......we have a wonderful place here with Good people....

The tests are for people who are exhibiting symptoms. It’s not to assuage peoples fears. I personally have no desire to have a stick shoved up my nose for no good reason.

Arubagirl2000 03-27-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1734473)
You asked a very good question and got fed a pile of bull. I'm sorry that happened. You deserve a real answer. I wish I had it but I don't. :pray: I don't think they have to prove they have been tested to go to work.

I agree. Some people are just trying to support our local businesses during these trying times.

Barefoot 03-27-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r54player@gmail.com (Post 1734442)
The microwave should kill any germs.

I heard a doctor say last night that heat doesn't kill the virus.
There are different views about whether heat kills COVID-19.

New Englander 03-27-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1734473)

:agree:

asianthree 03-27-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ndodd (Post 1734499)

This is what you are worried about.

Think of all the first responders, and healthcare staff that have used their NP for 9 days straight.

You can not order food from a restaurant if you are AFRAID.

Medical Staff do not have a choice.

So your worry about restaurant staff is a nothing compared to the everyday life of every health care worker, and their families

PugMom 03-27-2020 05:04 PM

it is clear we cannot all live in an isolated, sterile world. all we can do is the best we know how. i refuse to live my daily life in fear of some disease crippling me, but yes, i'm still following all the directives. some of it is way over the top, but hopefully will soon be over

Jack58033 03-27-2020 05:14 PM

Your right. We can't live in a isolation booth. The random terror of this virus will eventually create a strong paranoia.

600th Photo Sq 03-28-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainMan (Post 1734461)
Since you obviously are freaking out and needlessly panicking, here's a thought...stay home and cook your own meals!!!!

Great advice however , where will the food come from to cook especially since this individual has concerns on who is touching the items and breathing on them.

Meanwhile my Take Out from Havana last night was fantastic had the Lamb Shank.

Legacy tonight I prefer pick up as opposed to delivery hey my choice. :popcorn:

retiredguy123 03-28-2020 11:40 AM

If and when this pandemic ends, I think the restaurant business will be permanently changed. I hope for the better. Hopefully, seats will be farther apart, the restaurants will be cleaner, and employees will be better screened, trained, and paid. Otherwise, many restaurants will probably need to close.

TomPerrett 03-28-2020 10:32 PM

Common sense

Death and taxes !
The only Guarantee
You’re out of your mothers womb

Nucky 03-29-2020 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arubagirl2000 (Post 1734521)
I agree. Some people are just trying to support our local businesses during these trying times.

Then buy a Gift Certificate to be used when things go back to normal. I could give several specific examples of places that are open but I can't bring myself to go to so thru their App I purchased more than I would have spent for a few meals at one of the stores. Should be helping them? I hope so! Great people and a Great Company.

Sometimes you don't know what to believe unless you've heard it from a trusted source.

Nucky 03-29-2020 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1734775)
This is what you are worried about.

Think of all the first responders, and healthcare staff that have used their NP for 9 days straight.

You can not order food from a restaurant if you are AFRAID.

Medical Staff do not have a choice.

So your worry about restaurant staff is a nothing compared to the everyday life of every health care worker, and their families

I get it. Healthcare Workers of which we have several up North are working under conditions that are terrible without fresh safety gear. They are special devoted people. Bless All Of them. :pray:

Is it safe to eat take out food at ANY place serving it in The Villages? Easy Question. Not normally a Germaphobe but come on what is needed is a straight answer. I'm not sure but isn't it a Yes or No reply? Not try it and hope for the best or compare it to passing someone who is sick in The Grocery Store. :pray: