Restaurant safety

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Default Restaurant safety

With so many restaurants offering "takeout" and delivery, what are they doing to assure customers that ALL food handlers are virus free?

What safety / sanitation measures are they imposing on ALL food handlers?

Have ALL food handlers been tested for the virus?
Old 03-26-2020, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Testing is not available to everyone. So, would you shut down all of the take out and delivery services? Would you stop the grocery stores from selling prepared foods like roasted chickens, ground beef, etc.?
Old 03-26-2020, 05:11 PM
Platinum member

I guess if you’re uncomfortable with trusting restaurants to do the best they can, best to prepare meals at home.

As for testing ALL food handlers, that’s not proving anything. One can be negative today and encounter a customer with the virus and POOF you’re positive in a few days.

Everyone is apprehensive but one does have to practice a little trust.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:55 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
With so many restaurants offering "takeout" and delivery, what are they doing to assure customers that ALL food handlers are virus free?

Then we better test all the workers at the grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. Stockers are putting groceries on the shelves, putting wrapped meat in the coolers, etc. How do you know one of them doesn't have Coronavirus?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

So what do you do to carry on with your daily life ? Obviously you do not shop for groceries, under your question.

What on earth do you expect people to do ? Have a minute by minute test or be in a bubble.

C'mon get real, honestly. Suggestion for you carry a can of " Raid " Lemon Scent.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:

If you have fear of anything, you need to shelter in place. Your health will deteriorate, from pressure of what to do. Have everything shipped to your home, stay away from people.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:44 PM

Wonder all the time about this. Wipe off the handle of the shopping cart then touch every can, bottle, jar, box and bag in the store. Of course none of those have been touched by anyone else, they put themselves on the shelf. Then pull wallet out of you highly sanitized purse that never touches the ground and is cleaned daily. Logic is very lacking in most peoples daily lives.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:34 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

won't have to worry about it much longer,,, other than chinese & pizza, most restaurants can't survive on carry-out
Old 03-27-2020, 06:18 AM
Gold member
Default If you only knew!

Quote:

Hey you would be shocked how food is handled in any restaurant any day of the week. If you eat out a lot you better have a strong immune system.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 AM

Stop listening to the news 24/7. It makes you crazy and heightens your fears. Your take-out food is fine. Open it up, put the food on your plate and the containers in the garbage, and wash your hands before you eat. You should be doing this anyway every time you get take out!!
Old 03-27-2020, 07:35 AM

Don’t shoot the messenger. I just asked the question.
Let’s see how you feel 1month from now or when the first restaurant admits that a worker has the virus.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:36 AM

My thoughts exactly. Who is handling the food ? Is the board of health checking for hair nets, gloved personal, mouth covered with proper masks ? I doubt it very much. As for me since this whole virus started; and prior, my wife and I cooked our meals at our home and very rarely ate out in the first place.It’s much safer that way. For those who don’t cook, since there isn’t much one can do now, it’s a perfect opportunity to google a receipt, whether it be a dinner or dessert and try it, it’s easy, fun and cost effective rather than ordering out the same old foods.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:12 AM

Feed your own face.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:17 AM

That has been concerned me! I still do not trust such take-out orders because you may not re-cook the cooked items! I prefer buying food from groceries and cook them to be safe. Once I get out of the store and get into the car or cart, I washed my hands with hand sanitizer however it does not clean my soles! Ugh!
Old 03-27-2020, 08:32 AM

Take your food and dump on a plate trying not to touch the packing. Microwave to heat ( get hot foods vs salads ) and wash hands good. You should be safe. The microwave should kill any germs ( so they say)
Closed Thread

Tags
food, handlers, safety, virus, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.