Restaurant safety

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
With so many restaurants offering "takeout" and delivery, what are they doing to assure customers that ALL food handlers are virus free?

What safety / sanitation measures are they imposing on ALL food handlers?

Have ALL food handlers been tested for the virus?
Since you obviously are freaking out and needlessly panicking, here's a thought...stay home and cook your own meals!!!!
Old 03-27-2020, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
Don’t shoot the messenger. I just asked the question.
Let’s see how you feel 1month from now or when the first restaurant admits that a worker has the virus.
You asked a very good question and got fed a pile of bull. I'm sorry that happened. You deserve a real answer. I wish I had it but I don't. I don't think they have to prove they have been tested to go to work.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:39 AM

There is the point.....all workers and All of us here in The Villages should be having test......we are at a disadvantage not knowing who has the Virus or is a carrier.....there has only been 2500 Virus test here in Florida ....very small test here in The Village.....thinking All of us should be asking where are test kits for us in The village......we have a wonderful place here with Good people....
Old 03-27-2020, 09:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndodd View Post
There is the point.....all workers and All of us here in The Villages should be having test......we are at a disadvantage not knowing who has the Virus or is a carrier.....there has only been 2500 Virus test here in Florida ....very small test here in The Village.....thinking All of us should be asking where are test kits for us in The village......we have a wonderful place here with Good people....
The tests are for people who are exhibiting symptoms. It’s not to assuage peoples fears. I personally have no desire to have a stick shoved up my nose for no good reason.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You asked a very good question and got fed a pile of bull. I'm sorry that happened. You deserve a real answer. I wish I had it but I don't. I don't think they have to prove they have been tested to go to work.
I agree. Some people are just trying to support our local businesses during these trying times.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by r54player@gmail.com View Post
The microwave should kill any germs.
I heard a doctor say last night that heat doesn't kill the virus.
There are different views about whether heat kills COVID-19.

Last edited by Barefoot; 03-27-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Old 03-27-2020, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ndodd View Post
This is what you are worried about.

Think of all the first responders, and healthcare staff that have used their NP for 9 days straight.

You can not order food from a restaurant if you are AFRAID.

Medical Staff do not have a choice.

So your worry about restaurant staff is a nothing compared to the everyday life of every health care worker, and their families
Old 03-27-2020, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

it is clear we cannot all live in an isolated, sterile world. all we can do is the best we know how. i refuse to live my daily life in fear of some disease crippling me, but yes, i'm still following all the directives. some of it is way over the top, but hopefully will soon be over
Old 03-27-2020, 05:14 PM

Your right. We can't live in a isolation booth. The random terror of this virus will eventually create a strong paranoia.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountainMan View Post
Since you obviously are freaking out and needlessly panicking, here's a thought...stay home and cook your own meals!!!!
Great advice however , where will the food come from to cook especially since this individual has concerns on who is touching the items and breathing on them.

Meanwhile my Take Out from Havana last night was fantastic had the Lamb Shank.

Legacy tonight I prefer pick up as opposed to delivery hey my choice.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,419 Times in 5,109 Posts

If and when this pandemic ends, I think the restaurant business will be permanently changed. I hope for the better. Hopefully, seats will be farther apart, the restaurants will be cleaner, and employees will be better screened, trained, and paid. Otherwise, many restaurants will probably need to close.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:32 PM
Default Common sense

Death and taxes !
The only Guarantee
You’re out of your mothers womb
Old 03-29-2020, 03:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arubagirl2000 View Post
I agree. Some people are just trying to support our local businesses during these trying times.
Then buy a Gift Certificate to be used when things go back to normal. I could give several specific examples of places that are open but I can't bring myself to go to so thru their App I purchased more than I would have spent for a few meals at one of the stores. Should be helping them? I hope so! Great people and a Great Company.

Sometimes you don't know what to believe unless you've heard it from a trusted source.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
This is what you are worried about.

Think of all the first responders, and healthcare staff that have used their NP for 9 days straight.

You can not order food from a restaurant if you are AFRAID.

Medical Staff do not have a choice.

So your worry about restaurant staff is a nothing compared to the everyday life of every health care worker, and their families
I get it. Healthcare Workers of which we have several up North are working under conditions that are terrible without fresh safety gear. They are special devoted people. Bless All Of them.

Is it safe to eat take out food at ANY place serving it in The Villages? Easy Question. Not normally a Germaphobe but come on what is needed is a straight answer. I'm not sure but isn't it a Yes or No reply? Not try it and hope for the best or compare it to passing someone who is sick in The Grocery Store.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, handlers, safety, virus, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.