Restaurant Treatment

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2022, 07:53 AM
Default Top 3 Restaurants in the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Yeah, that doesn’t work. Glenview Country Club is a perfect example. You can talk to management and they could care less. You’ll still have poor service and terrible food.
Can someone help me. A while back the top three restaurants were posted. I can only remember two. Nancy Lopez was number 1. Havana was number 2. What was the third one?
Old 08-07-2022, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiewright View Post
Can someone help me. A while back the top three restaurants were posted. I can only remember two. Nancy Lopez was number 1. Havana was number 2. What was the third one?
IMO the best in TV are BlueFin, ChopHouse, Harvest, Havana, Lopez, Palmer and Prima.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiewright View Post
We do think that Havana is one of the best places here but if you ask 10 people to rank the top 10 you will get 10 different answers.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Part of the problem might be they hear nothing but complaining. It's no secret that Villagers love to complain about things. Just take a look at this thread for a great example of that.

If a manager is being bombarded by entitled customers who won't be happy until they are served filet mignon at a baked chicken price and even then would complain that the sun is too bright or the breeze smells like cut grass then I can understand why he might have a lack of interest in yet another complaint.

I have been to Glenview a few times and thought the food and service was exceptional. Maybe I got lucky but judging by the crowded room they must be doing something right.

Every server can have a bad night. Every kitchen can have a bad night. If it's just once or just occasionally then give them another chance. If the bad service or bad food is a regular feature then vote with your wallet and stop going to that restaurant. If enough customers do that then the restaurant will get the message.
best post on this thread.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,131 Times in 811 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post

Please consider the impact your posts could have on the restaurant’s business before “going public” with them. Working with the restaurant is also likely to provide you a better outcome.

Thank you.
I feel this would apply to ALL retail businesses given a bad review.
My all managers would like to resolve poor service problems immediately.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Lobsters are caught on boats, which require gasoline to operate.
Gas was $1.60, now it’s $5.00.
A lobster boat probably goes through 20 gallons of fuel an hour, that’s $32 to $100.
Lobsters probably $40 to $60 a pound
The price of lobster is set at the net then goes up from there. Has always been what the market is willing to pay for the bug meat. Supply and demand. Given the rising cost I guess the supply gonna go way up real soon. Lobstah just gonna get bigger and tougher sitting out there in the water

Last edited by Sandy and Ed; 08-07-2022 at 09:59 AM. Reason: /
Old 08-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Default Good advice.

Quote:
I couldn’t help but notice a number of recent threads related to restaurant issues, usually to express dissatisfaction over a meal or service.

While I do not own a restaurant, I know some who do, and can tell you that it is a hard business in the very best of times. Many fail, even without the additional challenge of today’s COVID crisis, supply chain issues, inflation and difficulty finding good help.

That said, I urge anyone who may feel they were poorly treated to try to resolve the issue with the restaurant manager or owner, before posting it on Talk of The Villages. I have found most restaurant owners very eager to work with you to rectify the situation.

Classic studies have shown that a publicly expressed complaint will reach an average of 22 people. Involving a social platform significantly increases that number. Many who hear it are likely to avoid the restaurant.

Please consider the impact your posts could have on the restaurant’s business before “going public” with them. Working with the restaurant is also likely to provide you a better outcome.

Thank you.
I have often thought the same. People jump to complain on social media without considering the effects. Before all we did was speak to a manager about a problem. Imagine that! And it usually worked!!
Old 08-07-2022, 11:40 AM

The issue remains that when there’s a complaint about the manager because of their “don’t care attitude” then what? Complain to the owner - who the manager is related to?! I find wait staff often to be good. The managers - not so much. They’re under too much pressure and it shows. There’s just a general lack of basic customer service. When I get good service I compliment them. They’re usually quite surprised by that.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Default Lobster

If I were you go to Sam’s Club and buy 1 pound of lobster tails @ $31 a pound and make yourself one hell of a lobster roll.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I couldn’t help but notice a number of recent threads related to restaurant issues, usually to express dissatisfaction over a meal or service.

While I do not own a restaurant, I know some who do, and can tell you that it is a hard business in the very best of times. Many fail, even without the additional challenge of today’s COVID crisis, supply chain issues, inflation and difficulty finding good help.

That said, I urge anyone who may feel they were poorly treated to try to resolve the issue with the restaurant manager or owner, before posting it on Talk of The Villages. I have found most restaurant owners very eager to work with you to rectify the situation.

Classic studies have shown that a publicly expressed complaint will reach an average of 22 people. Involving a social platform significantly increases that number. Many who hear it are likely to avoid the restaurant.

Thank you.
Totally agree. The people who are complainers should realize how lucky they are to be able to afford to go out to eat. Don't sweat the small S--t
Old 08-07-2022, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny923! View Post
I have often thought the same. People jump to complain on social media without considering the effects. Before all we did was speak to a manager about a problem. Imagine that! And it usually worked!!
I have a different opinion. Posting a restaurant review on social media, good or bad, is fine, as long as the information is honest and accurate. It is very informative to people who have not been to the restaurant. A bad review of a good restaurant will usually be countered by other posters, and the restaurant will benefit. Encouraging people to not post bad reviews to protect a restaurant or other business is absurd. As far as I know, it is still a free country, mostly.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUnderwood View Post
If I were you go to Sam’s Club and buy 1 pound of lobster tails @ $31 a pound and make yourself one hell of a lobster roll.
Sounds good, but most people haven’t cooked lobster, either whole or tails, before. Do you have a recipe? Thanks
Old 08-08-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
How about $34 for a lobster roll at LightHouse?
Which is a modest amount of lobster salad on a hoagie roll.
I was buying, so I didn't bring it up.
Seems extravagant to me.
I would call that indirect poor treatment.
You certainly knew when you ordered it just how much it cost. You didn't need to order it if you thought it was too expensive. Right??
Old 08-08-2022, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmerl View Post
You certainly knew when you ordered it just how much it cost. You didn't need to order it if you thought it was too expensive. Right??
The person who wrote that post didn't order it, his guest did. He wrote that since he was buying (paying) he didn't mention it at the time.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-08-2022, 10:17 AM

so many people complaining about everything.. at this point of our lives and the situation of this country and government, just be thankful or stay home.. I am over the complaining.. period.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, number, business, issues, rectify

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.