Restaurants I have been to recently in TV

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Restaurants I have been to recently in TV

I have been to a number of restaurants since they have reopened. The places I have gone to I felt completely safe. One use menus, distance between tables, masked employees.
I have been to Chop House, BlueFin, Lopez Legacy and Sammy's. Lopez has been doing BOGO entree's with the purchase of 2 beverages. Chop House and BlueFin have delicious specials. I had dinner Sammy's last week and hat the best shrimp scampi I have ever eaten. Returning this week to have the scampi. The restaurants still have pickup and some have delivery.
We need to support are local businesses.
Feels great to be out again.

Last edited by JSR22; 06-11-2020 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:21 AM
Platinum member

We went to Fiesta Grande and we felt very safe also. Tables spaced out with every other one x'd out, one time menus, waiters masked, hostess outside masked and gloved to handle door and to seat you, sterilization between seatings of table and seats. The food was excellent and it was so good to get out and not cook.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Until social distancing is over we feel safer by doing takeout, typically food we can reheat in a microwave or oven.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Went to Outback yesterday at lunchtime, and sat in the bar area and ordered the lunch Sirloin 6 oz for $12.99 with baked potato and salad with their own tangy tomato dressing, it's fantastic. It was just like normal times, there had a limited paper menu which was a mix of lunch and dinner items. The pumpernickel bread loaf is fantastic.

Also been to Giovannis at Southern Trace week before last at lunchtime and ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce, salad with house dressing and bread for $6.95. Prices are unreal and food was as good as usual, Every booth was filled and other than not having people waiting at the door to be seated, it was fairly normal.

Went to Olive Garden last week at lunchtime they had a limited paper menu and I ordered the Lasagna Classico at lunch for $9.99 with salad and bread. It was just as good as before, I always considered their lasagna almost tastes like candy, it's the best. Place was only about a 1/3 full and the bar area was closed.

Went to Fiesta Grande three weeks ago at lunchtime. We both ordered #6, that's a soft taco (beef or chicken) with rice and beans for $7.25. Tasted as great as ever and they have the biggest Cokes in town, 32 oz classes (we drink Diet Coke). Place was kind of empty.

We to Roberto's at Pinellas Plaza last week, (Giovanni's brother), ordered a medium pizza at lunchtime. Place was fairly empty, a lot of tables were missing. The booths they seating every other one, and only 3 parties were in the booth room. and about three groups were eating outside. The pizza was just like normal, very messy, I call it NY style since it's foldable. I think it was $10.99 plus a dollar for each topping, we only get green peppers.

Ate at McAlister's Deli at Brownwood two weeks ago at lunch time. I ordered my usual French Dip sandiwch with cucumber mix on the side and pickel, it's about $9. The place was almost empty at lunchtime, nothing like the normal times. The sandwich was good as usual.

Went to Miller's Ale House three weeks ago at lunchtime. Place was fairly crowded, we didn't wait at 11:30 but when we left they were waiting at the door. They had the tables and booths groups spread out. They have a limited menu on paper. I had the Philly Cheese Steak, if I remember correctly, it was just OK, I've had hamburger there before which was the best I had ever eaten, should stayed with that.

Went to Johnny Rockets last week for lunch. I wasn't a fan for a long time until a couple of years ago I discovered their Philly Cheese Steak. It's the best I've ever had, the bread is so fresh and I normally don't like cheese on burger or sub, but it's a Great sandwich with cheese!! My wife has an appointment today at LSL, so I think we're going again.

We haven't made any special trips just to go out and eat. We only stop for lunch when we have an appointment somewhere, just seems like we have so many places to be.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Went to Outback yesterday at lunchtime, and sat in the bar area and ordered the lunch Sirloin 6 oz for $12.99 with baked potato and salad with their own tangy tomato dressing, it's fantastic. It was just like normal times, there had a limited paper menu which was a mix of lunch and dinner items. The pumpernickel bread loaf is fantastic.

Also been to Giovannis at Southern Trace week before last at lunchtime and ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce, salad with house dressing and bread for $6.95. Prices are unreal and food was as good as usual, Every booth was filled and other than not having people waiting at the door to be seated, it was fairly normal.

Went to Olive Garden last week at lunchtime they had a limited paper menu and I ordered the Lasagna Classico at lunch for $9.99 with salad and bread. It was just as good as before, I always considered their lasagna almost tastes like candy, it's the best. Place was only about a 1/3 full and the bar area was closed.

Went to Fiesta Grande three weeks ago at lunchtime. We both ordered #6, that's a soft taco (beef or chicken) with rice and beans for $7.25. Tasted as great as ever and they have the biggest Cokes in town, 32 oz classes (we drink Diet Coke). Place was kind of empty.

We to Roberto's at Pinellas Plaza last week, (Giovanni's brother), ordered a medium pizza at lunchtime. Place was fairly empty, a lot of tables were missing. The booths they seating every other one, and only 3 parties were in the booth room. and about three groups were eating outside. The pizza was just like normal, very messy, I call it NY style since it's foldable. I think it was $10.99 plus a dollar for each topping, we only get green peppers.

Ate at McAlister's Deli at Brownwood two weeks ago at lunch time. I ordered my usual French Dip sandiwch with cucumber mix on the side and pickel, it's about $9. The place was almost empty at lunchtime, nothing like the normal times. The sandwich was good as usual.

Went to Miller's Ale House three weeks ago at lunchtime. Place was fairly crowded, we didn't wait at 11:30 but when we left they were waiting at the door. They had the tables and booths groups spread out. They have a limited menu on paper. I had the Philly Cheese Steak, if I remember correctly, it was just OK, I've had hamburger there before which was the best I had ever eaten, should stayed with that.

Went to Johnny Rockets last week for lunch. I wasn't a fan for a long time until a couple of years ago I discovered their Philly Cheese Steak. It's the best I've ever had, the bread is so fresh and I normally don't like cheese on burger or sub, but it's a Great sandwich with cheese!! My wife has an appointment today at LSL, so I think we're going again.

We haven't made any special trips just to go out and eat. We only stop for lunch when we have an appointment somewhere, just seems like we have so many places to be.
this thread is making me hungry. am now seriously thinking about that Outback special
Old 06-11-2020, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I’ve been to bone fish 3 times and bluefin 4 and chops once . I’ve felt safer there then at Publix . One tip though , because of people from who knows where coming into use barrooms I put mask on as I enter bathroom .Also I’m always an over tipper but I’m leaving at least $ 50 for 2 people until stimulus money is gone( and yes it gave some money to charity lol)
Old 06-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’ve been to bone fish 3 times and bluefin 4 and chops once . I’ve felt safer there then at Publix . One tip though , because of people from who knows where coming into use barrooms I put mask on as I enter bathroom .Also I’m always an over tipper but I’m leaving at least $ 50 for 2 people until stimulus money is gone( and yes it gave some money to charity lol)
Good for you......our minimum tip is now 35%....they need our help.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-12-2020, 04:50 AM

Went to Johnny Rockets last week for lunch. I wasn't a fan for a long time until a couple of years ago I discovered their Philly Cheese Steak. It's the best I've ever had....

Obviously, you have never been to Pat’s Steaks in Philly.
Old 06-12-2020, 04:54 AM

Still eating at home mostly. Better food and value. This virus isn't gone if you look at the FL numbers. Be careful out there.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:01 AM

Here's the thing...you may "feel" safe inside a restaurant, but that doesn't mean you ARE safe. Air flow patterns can bring COVID across your table from several tables away...just sayin'. The best method is to eat outside only, or better yet, get take out.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
Here's the thing...you may "feel" safe inside a restaurant, but that doesn't mean you ARE safe. Air flow patterns can bring COVID across your table from several tables away...just sayin'. The best method is to eat outside only, or better yet, get take out.
Agreed and that is why we are still doing takeout only.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I have been to a number of restaurants since they have reopened. The places I have gone to I felt completely safe. One use menus, distance between tables, masked employees.
I have been to Chop House, BlueFin, Lopez Legacy and Sammy's. Lopez has been doing BOGO entree's with the purchase of 2 beverages. Chop House and BlueFin have delicious specials. I had dinner Sammy's last week and hat the best shrimp scampi I have ever eaten. Returning this week to have the scampi. The restaurants still have pickup and some have delivery.
We need to support are local businesses.
Feels great to be out again.
World of Beer is also open and following safety guides and their food is excellent.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:09 AM
Sage

Noticed a lot of younger guests in TV this week, if they are visiting people in Tv and they come from high Covid zones, how do we know they're not carrying the virus

We are still staying out of any and all restaurants, unless you've noticed--Florida is currently experiencing a spike in Covid cases

Its your choice, be safe
Old 06-12-2020, 06:15 AM

Grocery store and restaurant prices are bordering on usury!
Old 06-12-2020, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

We went to breakfast at IHOP on 466 a few weeks ago. The service was terrible and the food was not good.

Every other booth and table was empty. As we were being seated at a table we asked if we could have a booth as I saw a few empty. We were told that we couldn't because it wasn't sanitized and they had a tree step process before anyone could sit there. A party came in a few minutes after us and waitress wiped down that booth in about five seconds and sat them there. They and another group that came in got their food before us. Our food was cold and not very well prepared.

But worse than all this was a 95 year old guy sitting in the corner coughing over and over. He was obviously in some kind of distress and the servers tried to help out by bringing him water.

They had separate entrances and exits but few people paid attention and the staff did nothing.

When the 95 year old was exiting, his companion brought him within a foot of our table. She looked at me and said, "He's 95 and has a lot of problems." Now that is not the fault of the restaurant, but you would think that someone taking care of a 95 year old with problems that causes him to cough would refrain from bringing him into public places, especially, a restaurant.

After that, my wife refuses to go out to eat.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, chop, house, lopez, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.