Restaurants I have been to recently in TV

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2020, 06:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Glad to hear about all the safety features that are implemented at restaurants, but my primary concern would be how the chef is being safe. Are they wearing masks? Somehow I doubt it since it's usually so hot in a kitchen. Don't want to instill paranoia in people who feel safe eating out, but restaurant food is always a question mark for me since I can't see the chef.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,023 Times in 5,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
We went to breakfast at IHOP on 466 a few weeks ago. The service was terrible and the food was not good.

Every other booth and table was empty. As we were being seated at a table we asked if we could have a booth as I saw a few empty. We were told that we couldn't because it wasn't sanitized and they had a tree step process before anyone could sit there. A party came in a few minutes after us and waitress wiped down that booth in about five seconds and sat them there. They and another group that came in got their food before us. Our food was cold and not very well prepared.

But worse than all this was a 95 year old guy sitting in the corner coughing over and over. He was obviously in some kind of distress and the servers tried to help out by bringing him water.

They had separate entrances and exits but few people paid attention and the staff did nothing.

When the 95 year old was exiting, his companion brought him within a foot of our table. She looked at me and said, "He's 95 and has a lot of problems." Now that is not the fault of the restaurant, but you would think that someone taking care of a 95 year old with problems that causes him to cough would refrain from bringing him into public places, especially, a restaurant.

After that, my wife refuses to go out to eat.
Foolish that the guy was even in the restaurant and shame the manager did not ask him to leave or at least do takeout.

Been some time since we have seen an IHOP with good food and service either by us going or reports by friends.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:56 AM

Quote:
We went to breakfast at IHOP on 466 a few weeks ago. The service was terrible and the food was not good.

Every other booth and table was empty. As we were being seated at a table we asked if we could have a booth as I saw a few empty. We were told that we couldn't because it wasn't sanitized and they had a tree step process before anyone could sit there. A party came in a few minutes after us and waitress wiped down that booth in about five seconds and sat them there. They and another group that came in got their food before us. Our food was cold and not very well prepared.

But worse than all this was a 95 year old guy sitting in the corner coughing over and over. He was obviously in some kind of distress and the servers tried to help out by bringing him water.

They had separate entrances and exits but few people paid attention and the staff did nothing.

When the 95 year old was exiting, his companion brought him within a foot of our table. She looked at me and said, "He's 95 and has a lot of problems." Now that is not the fault of the restaurant, but you would think that someone taking care of a 95 year old with problems that causesn him to cough would refrain from bringing him into public places, especially, a restaurant.

After that, my wife refuses to go out to eat.
IHOP like Denny's is truly only good after about a half dozen beers and a close encounter with a big haired rocker girl who dances to all the Billy Idol songs.

Or at least it was in 1985.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
IHOP like Denny's is truly only good after about a half dozen beers and a close encounter with a big haired rocker girl who dances to all the Billy Idol songs.

Or at least it was in 1985.
Sad when a pancake place cannot figure out how to make good pancakes.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:59 AM

Naldo's Mexican restaurant is doing a good job of separating diners (plus access to outside easting). Food, as usual was excellent. Best tacos we've ever had. Get the soft shell. One or two can fill you up (after free chips and salsa).
Old 06-12-2020, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

We found the pancakes to be better et Perkins...
Old 06-12-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Went to IHOP on 466 about 2012 for pancakes and my wife had eggs, neither one of us liked our food, and gave them one more chance and it was just as bad. Found Bob Evans across the street had much better pancakes. When they opened the Bob Evans at Colony we started eating there about every other week. Much better experience, food, and choices.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Lemon ricotta pancakes at First Watch are the best. Yum.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Noticed a lot of younger guests in TV this week, if they are visiting people in Tv and they come from high Covid zones, how do we know they're not carrying the virus

We are still staying out of any and all restaurants, unless you've noticed--Florida is currently experiencing a spike in Covid cases

Its your choice, be safe
Old 06-12-2020, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Been getting Sushi takeout from Sakura in Spanish Springs and VKI in Lake Sumter.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:25 PM

We went to Los Maguyes last week. Called ahead and they said they were operating at 50%. Got there early, did not seem that they had any tables blocked off, and they kept filling up during our time there. Servers had masks and gloves, but the gloves looked dirty, putting fingers into used drink glasses to carry them away....I would rather they just washed their hands often. Probably won’t go back there for now.

Also, went to Oakwood this week for the rib special. They did have every other table blocked off. Servers had masks and no gloves. Tables were wiped off well, but I did not see them wiping the catsup and bbq sauce bottles in between diners. I always felt those could be germy, I guess one could bring their own sanitary wipe for the bottles.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:50 PM
Default Restaurants I have been to recently in TV

This all sounds good other than IHOP. For us the only way we would go to one here is if we were broke. Its a cheap date..I do remember going to one when I was 20 after a night out of drinking to much.
Old 06-12-2020, 12:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgent View Post
This all sounds good other than IHOP. For us the only way we would go to one here is if we were broke. Its a cheap date..I do remember going to one when I was 20 after a night out of drinking to much.
Back than IHOP had pretty good pancakes and did like the various flavored syrups.

Somewhere along the line they forgot they were a pancake restaurant and were supposed to offer service to customers.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Lemon ricotta pancakes at First Watch are the best. Yum.
Pleased to find that the lemon ricotta pancakes are back on the menu at First Watch. They were removed during the period that FW was doing take out only.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:35 PM

We have had very good luck with our restaurant delivery and pick up options. (Bob Evans, Bonifay, Havana, etc.) I still won't risk dining in, too susceptible. We try to do our part in stimulating the local economy. We always tip between 25 - 35%.
Two of the exceptional experiences we had were at Bonefish ordering their family bundle specials. Beautifully packaged with sauces/salad dressings on the side so you can control how much to use. For the 2 or us, it was easily 2-3 days worth of food or 4-6 meals. Delicious!

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, chop, house, lopez, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.