Restaurants I have been to recently in TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleudeturquoise View Post
Is there a list of the restaurants in and around The Villages that do not require their servers to wear masks?
Yes, it's found at the website that lists all the deaths caused by COVID-19. [sarcasm OFF]
Old 07-02-2020, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Is there a list of the restaurants in and around The Villages that do not require their servers to wear masks?
Someone on this forum was RAVING about Michelle's on 441 (next to Firehouse Subs). None of the employees had masks on. We stayed because there was only one other table with customers and they were not anywhere near us. Will NOT go back.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wow talk about only thinking of themselves.
I tried to multi quote but I guess I don't know how to do it.

You missed the entire point of the comments of the poster you replied to with this WOW statement. The poster was not thinking of themselves. The poster was thinking of everyone as a community, a population......ALL AMERICANS. Please read those comments again and then explain to me why you think that poster was "only thinking of themselves".
Old 07-27-2020, 09:37 AM
Veteran member

We went back to Cane Garden CC Restaurant Saturday night, after avoiding it because of problems. We were very happy with the changes they made. They definitely do social distancing, but the biggest changes are to the kitchen and staff. They have a new chef who knows how to cook and operate the kitchen. They have also updated the kitchen and also have hired a new manager, Will. He is doing a great job, and we are very happy with the changes after a year of going down hill. The food was very good and the service was great. This was our very first restaurant when we came to TV in 2005 and we are happy it is back on track. Those of you who left, come back. You won't be disappointed again. (Only my opinion.)
Old 07-27-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Glad to hear about all the safety features that are implemented at restaurants, but my primary concern would be how the chef is being safe. Are they wearing masks? Somehow I doubt it since it's usually so hot in a kitchen. Don't want to instill paranoia in people who feel safe eating out, but restaurant food is always a question mark for me since I can't see the chef.
I saw the chef and 3 cooks at Giovanni's as I picked up our food to go. NONE of them were wearing a mask, including the wait staff taking food to tables. Doubt I go back. I'll continue to cook.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,938 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I tried to multi quote but I guess I don't know how to do it.

You missed the entire point of the comments of the poster you replied to with this WOW statement. The poster was not thinking of themselves. The poster was thinking of everyone as a community, a population......ALL AMERICANS. Please read those comments again and then explain to me why you think that poster was "only thinking of themselves".
The wow comment is in the wrong place, all I can say is oops
Old 07-27-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,938 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newchapter View Post
I saw the chef and 3 cooks at Giovanni's as I picked up our food to go. NONE of them were wearing a mask, including the wait staff taking food to tables. Doubt I go back. I'll continue to cook.
This is our favorite Italian restaurant but have not been going inside restaurants since this started. Disappointed in them.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:50 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Thanks for the post and the many follow-ups.. There are plenty of other posts for people that dont plan to go outside their homes for the rest of their lives.. For the many who want to continue to enjoy life outside the confines of their home, seeing positive restaurant comments is a welcome respite to the doomsayers. Keep them coming !
Old 07-27-2020, 11:31 AM
Sage

Olive Garden was fine
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 07-27-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

I have only been to a restaurant a couple of times. Others have said they feel safe, but I didn't. They can wear masks and clean everything in sight, but I wonder how much good that does to prevent someone from transmitting the virus. I don't think anyone really knows how you get it. My biggest concern is that a restaurant employee will have the virus and spread it to others.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We have continued going to restaurants. We eat at 3 of them frequently and feel safe. Food and service have been terrific at BlueFin, Chop House and Wolfgang Puck. I highly recommend them.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:02 PM
Default Restaurant list-masks or no masks

Quote:
I think that a list of restaurants which require employees and/or patrons to wear masks would be a valuable tool to help customers choose places where they would be safer. I suggested this to the The Villages Sun but don't expect they will want to create any controversy among their advertisers.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:18 PM
Platinum member

We went to Carrabba's last Thursday a little after 4pm. We wore masks in until seated and wore them on the way out. My husband and I and one other couple were the only ones in the dining room til 5:30 and then a group of 4 came in. Hosteses, waitresses, cooks (all employees) wore masks, paper menus, individual salt and pepper packets if requested. We felt very safe and will go back. The food was terrific.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Not doing restaurants still. Enjoying fresh seafood off my dock. Crabs, oysters and fish. Fresh veggies out of the garden. Life on the Chesapeake Bay is great this time of year.
Closed Thread

Tags
bluefin, chop, house, lopez, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.