Review Helpful hints

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2019, 10:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Tony's Sushi in Ocala
Never ate Sushi but at Colony Cottage they have a Sushi bar & they seem to be busy all the time, so they must be good or they wouldn’t be busy all the time!
Old 09-30-2019, 11:27 AM

Heids in liverpool ny.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:04 PM

Re: Walmart chicken noodle soup. I haven't seen the frozen one, so I'll look next time I'm there, but I love their chicken soup at the deli department (not the one on the soup shelves.) So yummy! Also really like TooJay's and Bob Evans chicken soups. One of the best I ever had was at Habaneros Mexican place; lots of huge chunks of chicken breast and rice, etc. tomato based broth but not too spicy. It really is a meal. I realize both store bought and restaurant soups have too much sodium. Whatever I bring home, I usually add water to the broth to take it down a notch if the saltiness is intense.
Re: restaurant steaks. Hard to find a good steak that isn't doused in salt, pepper, sauces. If I do order one, I ask for unseasoned, as I like the natural taste of the beef.
Actually, it is not easy to find non spicy dishes on menus. Chipotle this, jalepeno that, salsa, curry, onions, peppers, garlic, horseradish, etc. separately or in some combination in almost everything on offer. Doesn't leave many choices for those with digestive issues or prefer blander foods. I never enjoyed burning my mouth, lips, tongue, throat to eat something you can't even taste the food underneath.
Happy eating!
Old 09-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Never ate Sushi but at Colony Cottage they have a Sushi bar & they seem to be busy all the time, so they must be good or they wouldn’t be busy all the time!
I only know of Colony Cottage Regional Recreation Center near the intersection of 466A and Morse.

You say they have a Sushi Bar????? I don't think so.

OR do you mean the shopping center close to Colony Cottage.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,588 Times in 5,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I only know of Colony Cottage Regional Recreation Center near the intersection of 466A and Morse.

You say they have a Sushi Bar????? I don't think so.

OR do you mean the shopping center close to Colony Cottage.
I think they are referring to the Sakura Japanese restaurant in Colony Plaza. It is pretty good.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
This all is subjective on what is considered "good" or "bad"....I know of a woman who can't see well so would bake her famiy's pizza til it was nearly burnt. Couldn't see that it was that way and her family thought THAT was the way pizza should be cooked.

IF you never moved from your birth origin and ate what your mother fixed you and you went on to make those same things---does that make you inadequately "informed" on what is good and what isn't? What about the people who just can't "stomach" the thought of eating liver (pate) or snails (escargo...the spelling is wrong, I know) or beef tongue. The list could go on! IF you aren't Italian by birth---does that make it wrong to eat sauce from a jar? What about the Scandanavians who love lefse and lutifisk?? Just because what I may prefer to what others do, does that make me less than????
I don't believe that was the point of the OP's comment. More like, tell us what YOU think is the best food YOU like and where you might find it around TV. No denigration was implied or stated about where we come from or what we ate growing up. So, if you have some great recipes from your childhood, post away!
Old 09-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Thanks. Do you like their sushi? Looking for a decent sushi place to take our son this winter.
Yes. Very good, and also Sakura at either Spanish Springs or Colony. AHH, lake perch. Even though it was fresh frozen, the now closed Burger Stop at Colony had it. Chef Don where are you?
Old 10-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
My father grew up on a farm in eastern Iowa during the Great Depression. He has said that since the and his father and brothers could hunt and fish and my grandmother had a garden, they never went hungry.

My father has given up hunting a long time ago, but he still enjoys squirrel. Squirrel season in Iowa started almost a month ago, and he has several squirrels in the freezer ready for the frying pan or the crockpot.

I personally don't like eating squirrel. My youngest sister loves it. When I first moved to Chicago and told people I had eaten squirrel, I received many funny looks and comments.
Probably the funny looks & comments you’re getting because a Squirrels nearest relative is a common rat, LOL. But that’s OK, I like squirrel too!
Old 10-02-2019, 10:52 AM
Sage

A buddy of mine was a POW, rats helped him to survive--
Closed Thread

Tags
review, italian, lived, kansans, maine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.