Ricciardis in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 07:05 PM

Is this restaurant out of Massachusetts?
Old 01-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Gold member

No. Out of Orlando/ Winter Park.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Default Riccardis in brownwood

We had lunch there yesterday and it was amazing. The eggplant
Parmesana was to die for. Cheesecake is homemade and heavenly.
We can't wait to go back!

Rustic Rose is now open and definitely worth a visit.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:59 PM

Had dinner there last night. Chicken Marsala and lasagna were both done perfectly. For their second day they certainly had their act together.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:49 PM

first time tonight - Calamari and pizza - wonderful food and great service
Old 01-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Veteran member

Had dinner there a couple of nights ago. When the hostess greeted us we thought she said there would be a 45 minute wait. We decided to wait. Five minutes later our table was ready! I think what she said was a 4-5 minute wait. Our hearing isn't what it used to be.
Our meals came out quickly and were generally good. The only glitch was my wife's meal. She ordered baked ziti with sliced sausage. It was tasty but no sausage. Our guests thought that it said ziti with ground sausage on the menu so we didn't mention it to the server or the manager. It turns out the menu did say sliced sausage.
Today we stopped to have a glass of wine at the outside bar since the weather was improved. We ordered a couple of glasses and enjoyed the relatively warm weather. When we got the bill we realized they don't have happy hour pricing. It was something we should have asked before ordering. Saw their pizza being served to a couple at the bar. It looked great. We'll try it next time.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Sage

Went to Meza Luna tonight (while actually late afternoon since we got there at 4:30) cause didn't think we could get into Riccardis. Very anxious to try this new place; however I will say I thoroughly enjoyed my linguine with clams and my husband loved his pizza. Friends had chicken parm and marsala and they thought the chicken was tough. My only complaint would be the Vendance wine they serve at happy hour prices which is just plain awful. There are some good inexpensive wines they could serve instead that would certainly taste a lot better - Lindenmans, Yellow Tail, etc.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Veteran member

Wife and I had lunch at Ricciardis today. Talking to the Pizza cook, who came from there Orlando location, said this is their first full restaurant,the other locations are pizzeria's. My wife had the chicken parmigiana said it was good but not any better than others she had. I had the Tortellini Carbonara which was outstanding, actually surprised me, best I've had outside of NY. Talked to the manager and he knows Italian food. Lived in Italy for 27 yrs. We will be back. Ps. we also think Meza Luna is very good.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:27 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default Just went there for dinner Sun

Went for dinner at 5 pm and the wait was 45 min. which is what they said it would be. Food was great. They said that Sat night the wait was two hours. I was astounded at the number of selections on the menu. When the owner came by the table I told him the food was great and was surprised at the large selection as I know that makes it hard on the kitchen if they have crowds. He said that they will edit the menu after they have been open a bit and know what are peoples favorites. So if you really like something in particular or something not so much be sure to tell him or the dark haired girl at the front desk as they are taking notes.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

We were there about 3:30 and when we left the crowds were gathering. Love my eggplant strata.....

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-26-2014, 07:49 PM

Had lunch there yesterday. LOVED the pizza.....crispy crust, seasoned well, great sauce and bubbles in the dough. ( If you are a pizza lover, you will understand the last description.) we also tried the Stromboli which was wonderful too. Wait staff friendly and attentive to needs.
Only downside was the size of the pizza......ten inches. I understand that this is a full service restauant and they are serving a variety of tasty dishes. Hopefully if enough people mention this, they will make larger size pizza pies for takeout service.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Gold member

Went there tonight (1/26) one hour wait! Sorry I will not wait that long.
Took home 2 pizzas - they only make 10" size pizzas. Decent tasting, thin crust (very thin). Compared to what I have had so far in The Villages this is pretty good. I have not yet tried NYPD pizza.
At least being close to Brownwood I can bring this home if I want.

Can't wait to sit down and try a meal.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:36 PM

We had dinner this evening. In my opinion, it was OK not great. The marinara sauce was very bland. The decor is interesting but not very Italian. Given their location and pricing they will do well.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:39 PM

Had dinner there on Saturday early evening. Was told a 45 minute wait and that was spot on. Service was good. I had the Tortellini Portobello and it was fantastic, hubby had Bolognese with angel hair and he raved about it. Also the appetizer Broccoli Rabe was good an the Mozzarella Brick was yummy. Only problem was they were out of a lot of wines mostly the less expensive ones. Probably due to the amount of opening business they are doing. We are pretty sure they will do just fine in Brownwood. Another great addition to The Villages.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Platinum member

Husband and I had dinner there tonight with another couple. We both had Veal Parm and it was excellent. Large tender veal on fettucini with salad and hot rolls. Terrific!
The rest of our group had pepperoni pizza (loved it), pasta fagioli soup (great), portabello on polenta appetizer (great) and a salmon/pasta/olive oil dish that our neighbor loved and took home what was left. Comparable prices to other Italian restaurants but quality was superior to others and atmosphere was more appealing. We'll definitely go back.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.