RJ Gators

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Veteran member

Which manager at TGIF's was fired?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to PPreu
Default RJ Gator Stuff

Interestingly, Friday evening after listening to the Rocky & the Rollers concert at LSL, my wife and I sauntered over to RJ Gators for a "better late than never" feast.

I was mildly surprized that they closed at 9:00 on a Friday, but that was neither here nor there. It was 8:30 and we were but two of the 6 people at the bar.

After waiting for a few minutes the bartender lady finally turned around and asked if we had been waited on. Things that make you go "hmmm" !! Well heck, she was the only one there, who else was going to wait on us?

She dropped off a couple of beers and disappeared. Hoping that it wasn't too late to order food (since she never asked if we wanted any), I flagged her down and asked if we could get a menu. Menus delivered!!!!

Not much personality to go with the minimal service, maybe she had a bad day. The food arrived quickly, as did the bus person who put up chairs on top of tables all around us. Geez, I guess maybe we were infringing on someone elses Friday Night social hour!!

The food, as previously mentioned, was pretty good, so the kitchen IS doing THEIR job!!!

As for tipping, I'm the type that you really got to tip my boat over for me to give you less than 20%. 15% would always be the minimum, 20% the norm, and exceptional service gets more.

"If I knew then what I know now, I NEVER would have had as much as fun"
Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsew22 View Post
We went to Gators today, and got up and walked out. We sat there for 10 minutes, waiters and waitress just walking buy. We will not return. Went to the Lighthouse and had a great lunch!
If we're ever "left alone" like this in any restaurant, I always snag someone working there who happens by to ask them if they mind taking our order. That always gets us taken care of. We at least want to give them a chance and to let them know we've been overlooked. It's usually because the server is either busy or there's some sort of mix up regarding the scope of the servers' sections.

Works for us!

Bill
Old 04-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
If we're ever "left alone" like this in any restaurant, I always snag someone working there who happens by to ask them if they mind taking our order. That always gets us taken care of. We at least want to give them a chance and to let them know we've been overlooked. It's usually because the server is either busy or there's some sort of mix up regarding the scope of the servers' sections.

Works for us!

Bill
Common sense wins again.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

I agree.........those 2 key words.......... "common sense"....... often lacking in today's "air of entitlement" society.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
We are almost all retired people here in The Villages. The servers are trying to make enough money to support themselves and maybe a family. It does not hurt you to slip an extra dollar or two in on a tip.

I love RJ Gators and get good service there. I love Cody's and get good service there. I could go on with the good service I get at Redsauce, Thai Ruby, Urban Flats, and others.

If you do not get good service, let the manager know of the problem. If you do not get good food - do not take it out of the server's tip - let the manager know.

The manager at TGIFriday's got fired because he did not listen to complaints. Other managers in Villages restaurants know about this so they are vigilant now.

Try to think of the server as being your son or daughter - and how you would want others to treat them.
Which manager got fired at Fridays ?
Old 04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPreu View Post
Interestingly, Friday evening after listening to the Rocky & the Rollers concert at LSL, my wife and I sauntered over to RJ Gators for a "better late than never" feast.

I was mildly surprized that they closed at 9:00 on a Friday, but that was neither here nor there. It was 8:30 and we were but two of the 6 people at the bar.

After waiting for a few minutes the bartender lady finally turned around and asked if we had been waited on. Things that make you go "hmmm" !! Well heck, she was the only one there, who else was going to wait on us?

She dropped off a couple of beers and disappeared. Hoping that it wasn't too late to order food (since she never asked if we wanted any), I flagged her down and asked if we could get a menu. Menus delivered!!!!

Not much personality to go with the minimal service, maybe she had a bad day. The food arrived quickly, as did the bus person who put up chairs on top of tables all around us. Geez, I guess maybe we were infringing on someone elses Friday Night social hour!!

The food, as previously mentioned, was pretty good, so the kitchen IS doing THEIR job!!!

As for tipping, I'm the type that you really got to tip my boat over for me to give you less than 20%. 15% would always be the minimum, 20% the norm, and exceptional service gets more.
Actually, I think I saw that particular waitress on Friday. When we walked in and went to the podium for tables, a waitress was there and she honestly seemed to lack the "charm" that most wait staff should exhibit. We talked with her, but she never smiled, barely answered questions and appeared to be a bit on the "grumpy" side. Quickly someone came over and got us our table and then along came a very congenial and attentive waitress. Maybe that first young woman we sort of talked with could be the one you and Tom might have deal with.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
Come on Tom.........We're all sitting here at our keyboards awaiting the results of your phone call
Skip 2
Okay Skip- I called the manager at Gators today. He promises me the service will be better in future. He said all the right things. I told him to read this post on TOTV. Next time if there is a problem with any service anywhere, I will address the issue then and there.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Okay Skip- I called the manager at Gators today. He promises me the service will be better in future. He said all the right things. I told him to read this post on TOTV. Next time if there is a problem with any service anywhere, I will address the issue then and there.
I would guess after reading your post, his comment would be; gee, I wish you would have talked to me before posting on TOTV.
These situations happen everyday and they are resolved on the spot.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:39 PM

My wife and I frequent R.J. Gators at least once a week. When the snow birds are here things are quite busy. We had poor service one time during our trips there. We spoke to the manager and he definitly went out of his way to make our experirience a great one! We have returned regularly and have even gotten to know the staff. Everyone is very friendly to us and we are planning to keep returning. We have even had the same server that gave us a bad experience, and the next time she was great! LOVE ME SOME GATOR TAIL!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Personally I find that having very low standards means that every meal I have here in The Villages is always good and I never get sub par service...
Old 04-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default RJ Gators

r foye my exact thoughts. Most people work work in other occupations are given some sort of performance evaluation and if they are bad are shown the door. Some are summarily discharged if they act up while working shouting at someone, etc. I have never felt that I was special but if you want me to spend my money in your place of business you better earn it.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default RJ Gators

Some friends, seasonal residents, wantesd to get together before they drove back to MN. They wanted to eat at RJ Gators. Iordered a island burger and found it be be adequate. One person ordered a burger and found it to be too dry. The deep fried fish looked good and believe I should have ordered it. Food so-so, service good
Old 06-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Good times at Gator's

Go to RJ Gator's on Wednesday or Saturday evenings at 9 pm for their Karoke nights. The singers bring their own music and are close to professional quality. There is dancing to the music and drinks are always 2 for 1. It is a great way to "get out late" in The Villages.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 AM
Default RJ GATORS- Meal Ruined because of Political Server

First let me say, I am a retired military member who is 100% disabled. I fought for this nation, I put my health and well being at risk for America, and defend my service & brothers in arms and sisters 100% of the time.

With that being said, my wife and I decided to dine at RJ's since we had eaten elsewhere in the Landing the night before.

Out of the clear blue as my wife & I were having a conversation, our meal was totally ruined because our server decided it was appropriate to tell us that she thought our child who is 4 months old who was watching Fox News on the TV's above head, shouldn't be watching such poison. She stated our child should be watching cartoons. We refuse to allow our children to watch cartoons due to the constant indoctrination of children to a number of alternate lifestyles we don't approve of and won't expose our children to. That is our choice as parents and America's destruction internally in our opinion is due to because children are exposed to many things they have no business being exposed to.

Then the server went on a triad about our military, and how we should be accepting of Islam, even though they are killing our citizens and we should just accept them into our nation with open arms BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Frankly, after having friends killed by Islam and their radicals, I bet you know how I feel what we should do about radicals who attack our troops. Let me say this, we need more parking lots for our SUV's worldwide.

My wife at this poor is in shock over this servers blatant and bold disregard of our peaceful meal that she has now destroyed. Then we decided to leave because we had had enough of her BS, and on the way out the door she decided to tell us we should teach our child how to read, like some how she has determined we are now unfit parents unable to rear our own child. One of four I might add, the oldest of which is on active duty in the Army.

If this is the norm for the villages, as far as political views, the hired help, or overall attitudes towards parents of small children, or military members you can be assured we will no longer spend our time or money in the area.

It seems this sort of attitude towards children, would explain why The Villages refuses to allow children take residence there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.