The Rose Plantation

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2017, 06:59 PM
Default The Rose Plantation

I was hoping to see a review of The Rose Plantation. It is located in Fruitland Park and easy to access. Arriving, you look down over a huge lawn all manicured and overlooking a beautiful lake. Approaching the restaurant itself you almost get the feeling you're stepping back in time, a beautiful old home converted to The Rose Plantation. Service was prompt, and food was excellent. I loved the spinach salad served with hot bacon dressing, hard boiled egg, and mushrooms...it's one of those items I won't forget. Your main course will be a little pricy, but be sure to try the sweet potato casserole. My only complaint is the two times I've been there they have never had the banana cream pie advertised on the menu. I hope to read your review sometime soon!
Old 06-10-2017, 07:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheVillages View Post
I was hoping to see a review of The Rose Plantation. It is located in Fruitland Park and easy to access. Arriving, you look down over a huge lawn all manicured and overlooking a beautiful lake. Approaching the restaurant itself you almost get the feeling you're stepping back in time, a beautiful old home converted to The Rose Plantation. Service was prompt, and food was excellent. I loved the spinach salad served with hot bacon dressing, hard boiled egg, and mushrooms...it's one of those items I won't forget. Your main course will be a little pricy, but be sure to try the sweet potato casserole. My only complaint is the two times I've been there they have never had the banana cream pie advertised on the menu. I hope to read your review sometime soon!

Search this site. There are several reviews.

The Rose Plantation
Old 06-10-2017, 07:58 PM

We went several months ago. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much. The service was good also. Our only complaint was that for that type of restaurant, the lemonade was not freshly made....
Old 06-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgm3279 View Post
We went several months ago. We enjoyed the food and atmosphere very much. The service was good also. Our only complaint was that for that type of restaurant, the lemonade was not freshly made....
I am surprised for the type of restaurant they even have lemonade. I can tell you the vodka is very fresh.
Old 06-11-2017, 05:05 AM

I know that a pair of big boy pants is required for dinner - is that also true for lunch or can shorts be worn in the dining room for lunch?
Old 06-11-2017, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfooter View Post
I know that a pair of big boy pants is required for dinner - is that also true for lunch or can shorts be worn in the dining room for lunch?
Yes shorts are permitted at lunchtime, but the dress code is definitely country club casual. I have yet to see either male or female diner who is not well dressed.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-11-2017, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyTheVillages View Post
The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Reviews Page 2
Old 06-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
That site always has great information. I'm surprised the OP didn't know about it. We use it all the time.

Skip
Old 06-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Veteran member

We've been to the Rose Plantation for lunch and dinner both with friends and not. We have enjoyed everything there - food, service and setting - as have our friends.

Tags
plantation, rose, beautiful, review, pricy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.