Sammy’s - Italian Restaurant

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-30-2019, 04:33 PM

Thumbs up Sammy’s - Italian Restaurant

Just finished a wonderful early dinner at Sammy’s Italian Restaurant located in the Pepper Tree Plaza on 301 just north of Wildwood. The owners and cooks are NY Italians so the “gravy” was authentic. This was the first time that my husband and I dined there but it will not be our last. The eggplant and chicken parmigiana were excellent, the salad fresh and crisp, the pasta fagilio soup tasty and bread fresh and warm! Service was also great! (thank you, Nicholas!). There are daily specials including pizza. Also brought home some fresh cannolis for dessert tonight! Give it a try!

Old 05-30-2019, 04:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdinparadise View Post
Just finished a wonderful early dinner at Sammy’s Italian Restaurant located in the Pepper Tree Plaza on 301 just north of Wildwood. The owners and cooks are NY Italians so the “gravy” was authentic. This was the first time that my husband and I dined there but it will not be our last. The eggplant and chicken parmigiana were excellent, the salad fresh and crisp, the pasta fagilio soup tasty and bread fresh and warm! Service was also great! (thank you, Nicholas!). There are daily specials including pizza. Also brought home some fresh cannolis for dessert tonight! Give it a try!
You didn't eat with Clemenza..... did you?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2019, 06:57 PM

My wife and I happened to try Sammy’s today for the first time today too.
I was running out of patience hearing Mid-Westerners telling us which Pizza
was “The best they ever had” or “Hey you have to try (Blank Blank) for real
authentic Italian cooking”.
Geesh, sorry Grandma Rest easy, what do these Amedican’s
know?
Know let’s talk Brooklyn for a quick NY minute.
We were seated and served by a smiling and very engaging waitress named Angela.
The menus were diverse but loaded with any and everything Italian you could want.
Hey, first time so I went for the gusto.
Calamari Fra Diavolo with Linguine. My wife ordered Egg Plant Rollatini with Angel Hair.
Well, all I needed was just to see what was placed in front of us and I knew......
This was not just another run of the mill attempt with Mueller's Egg Noodles and Ketchup.
In my mind I was whisked away to good ‘Ole NYC. By the way, your hearing this from a Astoria/Brooklyn
boy. The presentation, aroma and finally the taste was amazing in fact it was amazing gee, did I say it was amazing?
I just needed to know, I asked Angela if the Chef who prepared these dishes for my wife and me
could stop by our table. I wanted to meet him and thank him for everything. Not surprising, his name is Joe
and guess what? He’s from Brooklyn and takes great pride in authentic “Gravy” you can call it sauce if you like.
He chatted with my wife and me and thanked us for wanting to meet him. He assured us that he simmers his Gravy
at least 7 hours. Bingo, now that my friends is the key to great sauce. I loved seeing the chunks of Tomato too
which adds texture and more flavor. (Keep all that purée stuff for Bloody Marys)
As luck would have it, the original poster in this string (BirdinParadise) was there when we were.
We exchanged pleasantries and realized we were all from NYC.
Thanks Sammy’s for the taste of home.....
Jim and Fran
Old 05-30-2019, 07:30 PM
Platinum member

At their Ocala location they also have a few items that are not on the menu for people who have dilatory problems.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:09 PM
Veteran member

We discovered Sammy's over a year ago and not only was the food great, but they easily handled a party of 12 with a number of different kinds of food ordered. We don't eat outside of TV often, but if we do, that's where we go.
Sammy's
Old 05-31-2019, 11:49 AM

Thumbs up Sammy's

Sounds delicious...will have to give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Fran View Post
My wife and I happened to try Sammy’s today for the first time today too.
I was running out of patience hearing Mid-Westerners telling us which Pizza
was “The best they ever had” or “Hey you have to try (Blank Blank) for real
authentic Italian cooking”.
Geesh, sorry Grandma Rest easy, what do these Amedican’s
know?
Know let’s talk Brooklyn for a quick NY minute.
We were seated and served by a smiling and very engaging waitress named Angela.
The menus were diverse but loaded with any and everything Italian you could want.
Hey, first time so I went for the gusto.
Calamari Fra Diavolo with Linguine. My wife ordered Egg Plant Rollatini with Angel Hair.
Well, all I needed was just to see what was placed in front of us and I knew......
This was not just another run of the mill attempt with Mueller's Egg Noodles and Ketchup.
In my mind I was whisked away to good ‘Ole NYC. By the way, your hearing this from a Astoria/Brooklyn
boy. The presentation, aroma and finally the taste was amazing in fact it was amazing gee, did I say it was amazing?
I just needed to know, I asked Angela if the Chef who prepared these dishes for my wife and me
could stop by our table. I wanted to meet him and thank him for everything. Not surprising, his name is Joe
and guess what? He’s from Brooklyn and takes great pride in authentic “Gravy” you can call it sauce if you like.
He chatted with my wife and me and thanked us for wanting to meet him. He assured us that he simmers his Gravy
at least 7 hours. Bingo, now that my friends is the key to great sauce. I loved seeing the chunks of Tomato too
which adds texture and more flavor. (Keep all that purée stuff for Bloody Marys)
As luck would have it, the original poster in this string (BirdinParadise) was there when we were.
We exchanged pleasantries and realized we were all from NYC.
Thanks Sammy’s for the taste of home.....
Jim and Fran
Old 06-01-2019, 07:29 AM

We went there for the first time on Thursday looking for a pizza dinner. Busy night, special going on a large size. Sat at the counter, ordered and within a short time we had our dinner. It was outstanding!! A diner sitting next to us had a baked pasta dish that looked over the top. Lots of choices on their menu, a definite go back for more. Tasted just as good the next day when we warmed up our take homes.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:49 PM

Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

First timers last night .. Excellent veal parm . wife liked the eggplant special .. servers a bit overworked. took a while to get the check. With that being the only negative observation, we'll be back - plenty of items to try before picking a favorite
Old 06-02-2019, 05:09 AM

We went once when they first opened and had a chicken dish not nearly as good as Chefs of Napoli across the street. Wasn’t crazy about the crammed tables and atmosphere. Will try it again after reading these positive reviews.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Gold member

We have been to Sammy's maybe six times since they opened and love the food there. Have not been there since they added more dining space but will be back soon. Sammy's catered a neighborhood party for us back in February and did a great job at reasonable prices.

Tags
fresh, sammy’s, restaurant, italian, tasty