Server needs some grooming

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2020, 06:06 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,201 Times in 463 Posts

Tricky situation. My friend is a nurse and there is no question that long nails may harbor bacteria, that is why you do not see nurses with long nails. It is difficult enough to clean bacteria from under your nails even if they are short and now with this virus thing, do you think that person is using a brush? Don’t think so. You will live but a call to the restaurant manager is warranted.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:09 AM

I quit a restaurant in Ohio because of that it maybe their right to look like that , but I don't have to eat there
Old 11-08-2020, 06:14 AM

Eat at home
Old 11-08-2020, 06:37 AM
Veteran member

Without naming the restaurant, Mr or Mrs Happinow have accomplished NOTHING by posting this rant .

However , maybe they are <happier now> !

It’s unbelievably incredible how someone could be so disgusted and grossed out , yet they chose to stay and eat their meal anyway !!!
Old 11-08-2020, 06:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Last night we went to a restaurant to enjoy a dinner out. We were promptly seated and approached by our server. Our server was a guy. Now before you all go off on me, I’m not racist nor do I care what people chose to do with their lives. He was pleasant. What was disturbing is the fact that he had very long fingernails (made me nauseas) which when he touched our bowls, his nails went over the edge toward the inside of our plates. He also had a BLM mask on, plenty of earrings and other visible piercings, and long hair which was held back by sparkly Hair clips. I had all I could do to eat my dinner without constantly seeing those long fingernails. When I go out to eat, I don’t go out to have any political, religious or other personal preference shoved in my face. I go to relax and chat with my husband over some good food.

I would think that these long nails would be a health concern for the restaurant. Think of the gross stuff that is under those nails??

I did come home and write to corporate. People have the right to be who they want to be , however when their poor hygiene affects my food and a dining experience I paid for, it crosses the line for me.

Blast off!
Ok. His hair was pulled back. Check. Long fingernails like many females have. Check. Piercings, so? Check. BLM mask. NEVER. Im out the door in a heartbeat with no explanation. I wont have someones ideals shoved down my throat
Old 11-08-2020, 07:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,862 Times in 785 Posts

Quote:
Last night we went to a restaurant to enjoy a dinner out. We were promptly seated and approached by our server. Our server was a guy. Now before you all go off on me, I’m not racist nor do I care what people chose to do with their lives. He was pleasant. What was disturbing is the fact that he had very long fingernails (made me nauseas) which when he touched our bowls, his nails went over the edge toward the inside of our plates. He also had a BLM mask on, plenty of earrings and other visible piercings, and long hair which was held back by sparkly Hair clips. I had all I could do to eat my dinner without constantly seeing those long fingernails. When I go out to eat, I don’t go out to have any political, religious or other personal preference shoved in my face. I go to relax and chat with my husband over some good food.

I would think that these long nails would be a health concern for the restaurant. Think of the gross stuff that is under those nails??

I did come home and write to corporate. People have the right to be who they want to be , however when their poor hygiene affects my food and a dining experience I paid for, it crosses the line for me.

Blast off!
I prefer to see servers wearing gloves and a mask. And I want everyone in the kitchen to be wearing a mask and gloves, too.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:06 AM

Racist or political masks or clothing should not be allowed on property. You should have complained to the manager and left.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:11 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

Yes totally gross! Makes me uncomfortable anywhere, but the server! I would have talked to the manager and if need be, I would go to the general manager. Sometimes the owner is around even of the chain restaurants ( franchises). Some corporations will ignore unless the complaint has gone up the chain of command. I do believe our voices should be heard in a very nice and to the point way. In some cases the manager is wanting this complaint, so they can take action. They will go the last mile with a customer being the problem but an employee is at times another story. If this gross appearance is at our tables, what’s going on behind the scenes? Oh by the way, what did corporate say?
Old 11-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

what restaurant?
Old 11-08-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:

Blast off!
Hiring issues..we have noticed that at other restaurants as well...sad
Old 11-08-2020, 07:44 AM

Companies, especially food service, should provide masks like Publix masks on their employees. Or have an across the board / all sex rules like white or grey masks only and nails with only clear polish and closely trimmed.
Then employees know what is acceptable and customers are not upset by these things. Employers are allowed to have standards so they need to set uniform standards. They drop the ball when they don’t especially in the food service industry.
Let the haters now hate.
P.S. I lean towards being liberal.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:49 AM

so, other than the nails, hat. specifically do you have against male servers?

Last edited by greenflash245; 11-08-2020 at 07:50 AM. Reason: miss spell
Old 11-08-2020, 07:51 AM

right on!
Old 11-08-2020, 07:52 AM

Funny but I’ve never heard a man refer to a female’s long nails as being a hygienic issue. If they were dirty advise the manager and ask for another server. If they weren’t then you might have a phobia. If thattthe case, the problem is on you and not the server. .
Old 11-08-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Blast off!
There is gross stuff under short nails too. The fact that you mentioned the piercings and the BLM mask makes this nothing more than a racist rant. My recommendation is to frequent places of business where the workers look just like you. Younger generations express themselves differently than you do if this bothers you, you have a choice to make. Stay home and cook for yourself or change with the times.
Closed Thread

Tags
long, server, nails, dinner, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.