Server needs some grooming

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2020, 07:55 AM

Without naming the restaurant your complaint is not helping the rest of us! This PC attitude, 'I don't want to hurt anyone's FEELINGS' and being nice to the world stuff is how we get no results. I am not saying be nasty, but you have a valid issue and in order for it to have any results it's worthless.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywatkins View Post
I liked reading this thread.
I agree with most of the comments although the BLM mask would not have upset me.
But I have to agree with the person who said they would not last long before the beans were in the customers lap.
Just as I have seen bad service I have also seen bad manners from diners. I fear that I would be tipping the beans on someone’s head.
But long nails - no no no.
Would a MEGA hate have bothered you? As the OP said, we go out to dinner to enjoy ourselves and relax and to escape the everyday nonstop decisiveness that has split our country in half. Masks and hats of this nature should be left out of the work place. Regarding the nails where is the bag.
Old 11-08-2020, 07:57 AM

People asking for the name of the restaurant— it means nothing. You may not even have the same server. Why ruin the rep of a place because of one experience? You ate your dinner, right? Couldn’t have felt THAT sick. IMO, you should have spoken up and asked for another server the minute his appearance affected you.Or you could have spoken to the manager the minute the food was served, refuse the meal, and leave.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
So, women with long nails have gross stuff under them?
Yes. I think they are hideous.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

One would think that the County Health Dept that oversees and monitors restaurants would have policy against what OP describes. OP, I would contact the County Health Dept. As a follow up let us know what they say.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Last night we went to a restaurant to enjoy a dinner out. We were promptly seated and approached by our server. Our server was a guy. Now before you all go off on me, I’m not racist nor do I care what people chose to do with their lives. He was pleasant. What was disturbing is the fact that he had very long fingernails (made me nauseas) which when he touched our bowls, his nails went over the edge toward the inside of our plates. He also had a BLM mask on, plenty of earrings and other visible piercings, and long hair which was held back by sparkly Hair clips. I had all I could do to eat my dinner without constantly seeing those long fingernails. When I go out to eat, I don’t go out to have any political, religious or other personal preference shoved in my face. I go to relax and chat with my husband over some good food.

I would think that these long nails would be a health concern for the restaurant. Think of the gross stuff that is under those nails??

I did come home and write to corporate. People have the right to be who they want to be , however when their poor hygiene affects my food and a dining experience I paid for, it crosses the line for me.

Blast off!
Poor restaurant management to hire servers who do not look pleasing and have a demeanor suitable to the patrons.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:35 AM

This is the non-conformance attitude of the time we live in. When I got jobs some of them had rules regarding dress, behavior, language,etc. if you wanted the job you complied with the rules. Now we can’t expect anything from anybody. And to make matters worst they have pushed their non-conformist anomalies to the extreme.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Last night we went to a restaurant to enjoy a dinner out. We were promptly seated and approached by our server. Our server was a guy. Now before you all go off on me, I’m not racist nor do I care what people chose to do with their lives. He was pleasant. What was disturbing is the fact that he had very long fingernails (made me nauseas) which when he touched our bowls, his nails went over the edge toward the inside of our plates. He also had a BLM mask on, plenty of earrings and other visible piercings, and long hair which was held back by sparkly Hair clips. I had all I could do to eat my dinner without constantly seeing those long fingernails. When I go out to eat, I don’t go out to have any political, religious or other personal preference shoved in my face. I go to relax and chat with my husband over some good food.

I would think that these long nails would be a health concern for the restaurant. Think of the gross stuff that is under those nails??

I did come home and write to corporate. People have the right to be who they want to be , however when their poor hygiene affects my food and a dining experience I paid for, it crosses the line for me.

Blast off!
So your objection could have been over come at the time in 3 ways.

1. Leave
2. Ask the manage for a different server
3. Ask the manager to have tne server wear gloves like the kitchen staff does.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmean58 View Post
There is gross stuff under short nails too. The fact that you mentioned the piercings and the BLM mask makes this nothing more than a racist rant. My recommendation is to frequent places of business where the workers look just like you. Younger generations express themselves differently than you do if this bothers you, you have a choice to make. Stay home and cook for yourself or change with the times.
Just because someone disagrees with the BLM mask doesn't make them a racist. Look up the word in the dictionary. It's a misused word by many. BLM is run by 3 Marxists, and is only a front.
Piercings ??? A couple of them may be attractive, but too many of them in different places can be disgusting. Just like tattoos...... So give that poster a break.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

i agree with not naming the restaurant. With today's cancel culture, even what some might see as a small problem will be taken by others as a reason to boycott with the intent of driving away all business. Until society shows it can again keep things in perspective I would be very reluctant to call out people or places by name.

If I understand the forum statistics correctly, this thread has been viewed nearly 4,300 times. This seems like it has been pretty effective at getting the word out even if the particular restaurant was not named. An owner or manager among those 4,300 might recognize the description and make changes at their establishment. This thread might result in some changes without naming and shaming the restaurant.

I question whether there was any real problem anyway. If the OP was servered by Shay, the new 22 year old waitress with the long blond hair held back with sparkly clips, earrings, and nicely painted fingernails would there have been any concern? While I don't agree that there was a problem, I do appreciate the way the OP handled it: expressing their opinion to corporate but keeping the name of the restaurant out of these posts.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Blast off!
A letter to corporate is probably a waste, A conversation with the manager about his grooming and offensive mask would be my top gripe.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:

Blast off!
You didn’t say whether he was clean or dirty. Was his hair clean? Were his clothes clean? Were his hands clean? Did he smell badly? Other than that, I don’t think you have a say in his appearance. Maybe he didn’t like your earrings or your clothes, but he served you well anyway.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:16 AM

Not true about BLM. Long nails on server is gross
Old 11-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

stay home simple solution
Old 11-08-2020, 09:37 AM

As far as the BLM mask, if it matters to anyone there is a problem. Where do you draw the line? What if the mask had...

MAGA
TRUMP 2020
BIDEN 2020
PRO CHOICE
PRO LIFE
PROUD BOYS
ANTIFA
AMERICAN FLAG
CONFEDERATE FLAG

The easiest way to avoid any issues is mandating that your employees ONLY wear SOLID COLOR masks. The First Amendment is between you and the government, not you and your employer.
Closed Thread

Tags
long, server, nails, dinner, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.