Shabu Shabu

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Shabu Shabu

I had it once while on business in Japan and again on a recent cruise stop - but it took a lot of looking and a lot of misdirections to find it. We haven't been able to find it in The Villages (can't say we really looked very hard) but recently came across it on one of our many trips to Tampa to see our friendly doctors. If your looking for a Shabu Shabu restaurant and you're in Tampa give it a try 1441 E Fletcher Rd. Not very fancy but not bad, a little different than in Japan but similar. They also have a full menu. BTW > The spicy broth is spicy, I liked the chicken broth my wife liked the spicy. Both of us had been and chicken. I also prefered to add a noodle addition to the pot. The cost was about $16/per but there was a lot and I'm pretty sure we could have split one and be happy. It turns out we brought home enough for a lunch. If you know of restaurant closer than Tampa please post name and location. Not something we eat often or even look for but it's an interesting variety once in a while. Oh, its also a lot more interesting in Japan when they don't speak English (or very limited) and you don't have a clue what to expect.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:03 PM
Veteran member

My wife and I prepared a Shabu Shabu for two of my brothers years ago when we lived in Hoboken, NJ. They called my mother and told her I was trying to poision them!
Old 02-15-2020, 04:32 PM

Had it in Japan once on a business trip. It was delicious but I didn't know so little beef could be spread so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
shabu, lot, tampa, spicy, japan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.