Sick

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2018, 10:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts
Default Sick

My wife got sick after eating at certain restaurant, I think I narrowed it down to one in north of the villages due to the time line. Has anybody else gotten sick after dining up there? I won’t name the name of the restaurant due to bad publicity if so just answer yes and not name the restaurant.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

If someone had gotten sick after eating at a DIFFERENT restaurant which is also north of the villages, how would you know that they were or weren't talking about the same restaurant, if you don't name names?

Did your wife's doctor confirm that it was food poisoning? If not, how do you know it was caused by the food? Also if it was e.coli, it can take up to 2 weeks to show ANY symptoms at all, and you wouldn't necessarily know that food had been contaminated. So it's entirely possible that she already had been infected by e.coli, and the day she got sick, she would've gotten sick whether she ate out or not.

Rather than play guessing games on a web forum, why not find out for sure? Or did you already get a diagnosis and are now checking for the source of the diagnosed illness?
Old 12-24-2018, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
If someone had gotten sick after eating at a DIFFERENT restaurant which is also north of the villages, how would you know that they were or weren't talking about the same restaurant, if you don't name names?

Did your wife's doctor confirm that it was food poisoning? If not, how do you know it was caused by the food? Also if it was e.coli, it can take up to 2 weeks to show ANY symptoms at all, and you wouldn't necessarily know that food had been contaminated. So it's entirely possible that she already had been infected by e.coli, and the day she got sick, she would've gotten sick whether she ate out or not.

Rather than play guessing games on a web forum, why not find out for sure? Or did you already get a diagnosis and are now checking for the source of the diagnosed illness?
I agree.

Apparently the O.P. ate there too and didn't get sick.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:25 PM
Sage

No, I didn’t eat there too, I will not mention restaurants ( other than bad service ) cause I don’t want to cause them financial burden. If you didn’t get sick, I don’t want to here it.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Gold member

Yes I did get sick once after eating at a restaurant north of 466. It was in January 2018. What does that prove?
Old 12-25-2018, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Yes I did get sick once after eating at a restaurant north of 466. It was in January 2018. What does that prove?
Nothing it was 11 months ago. Yes, I restrained myself being nice with my response.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes, I have a friend who was recently hospitalized with confirmed food poisoning. It was narrowed down to cheese. I wonder if it was the same restaurant.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Sage

I am hoping that your wife is better. I have thought about the both of you since you posted this. I was hoping that it was a 24 or 48 hour bug and that she is feeling better again. What a bad time of the year to be sick.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

Tops,

Please call the restaurant manager and let them know about the possibility.

I have had food poisoning, a few times, that I was sure came from restaurants. — not in TV.

One was a steak salad in a chain. (What was I thinking. I cannot look at a steak salad since.)

Once was a quiche in a coffee shop.

Once was from a fancy, schmancy resort. (A bunch of people got that one.)

Each time, I called and (nicely) told the manager what I suspected. I had no intention of pursuing anything other than notifying them that they definitely needed to check for a problem and fix it.

I was very nice and not accusatory, at all, but simply said they needed to find out. I got through it, one time lost 9 pounds, but not everybody can bounce so easily.

The coffee shop manager was lovely and thanked me and said she would follow through. I had told her to pull the quiche and talk to the staff. That is all I wanted.

The chain restaurant manager immediately went defensive. (I was not going to do anything to him but he could not grasp that I was not expecting an admission of guilt. He was one of those people who could not stop running his mouth long enough to hear what I was actually saying. I hope I finally got through to him to just please check. That was the place that lost me 9 pounds. Ice was it for me for 3 or 4 days.)

Tops, I hope you will call the suspected restaurant just to let them know what happened so they can follow through. That possibly could help others.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Apart from sea food, mainly anything with a shell, one of the biiggest causes of stomach sickness is unwashed salad.
When abroad, salad washed in dodgy water, is the biggest cause of the gipps.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:01 PM
Sage

I've heard of a stomach virus going around that's nasty so to assume it's food poisoning unless she's seen a dr. isn't probably the assumption to make.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Apart from sea food, mainly anything with a shell, one of the biiggest causes of stomach sickness is unwashed salad.
When abroad, salad washed in dodgy water, is the biggest cause of the gipps.
So very true. And if salad has been near dirty hands or water, washing it won't solve the risk.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I've heard of a stomach virus going around that's nasty so to assume it's food poisoning unless she's seen a dr. isn't probably the assumption to make.
So very true. When a lot of people enter our world here as they do in the high season, and when young visitors come to this lovely place to visit their grands, they bring some germs with them that we haven't been exposed to. Sometimes they make us sick. No one means to spread a cold or a stomach virus but it is done easily. This is the season of hugging.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:47 PM
Gold member

I guess I could be called hugaphobic. I am not a hugger, don't like to be hugged by anyone I don't know really really well. Unfortunately hugging and also polite handshaking have the potential to bring lots of germs with them. And yes, I wipe the shopping carts. Who really knows where a stomach bug comes come?
Old 12-26-2018, 09:27 PM

I believe we are talking about the same restaurant. Would it be a Japanese restaurant? We had a family member throw up about 2 miles from the establishment.
Closed Thread

Tags
sick, restaurant, due, won’t, dining

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.