Sick

Sick

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 02:24 PM
Sage

Several years ago we were traveling with a group that one by one caught some kind of intestinal thing. Some were sick on the plane going to our destination and others there or on the way back. I caught it but it waited til we were "just" home. I had to drive my Mother In Law (who'd gone on the trip with us) to a town about 90 miles from our house. I had to stop at every exit on the Freeway...it was a nasty virus that only affected the lower g.i. system. I guess "Air-born" is what caused it.....

One other time we were traveling and stopped for lunch. It was a place that served great pies (my favorite dessert) and I had the banana cream. When we got home I was sicker than a dog (as the expression goes). I couldn't truly be sure if it was the pie OR if I had a "bug" and it was just a coincidence. The 1st experience took me several days to get it but the 2nd incident was only a few hours.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:40 PM
Sage

Aren't you supposed to notify the health department about suspected food poisoning?
Old 12-31-2018, 11:46 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Virus can be pass through tainted food, the one meal was only thing different between us, wasn't food poisoning, nor cheese, or the Japanese restaurant, but in the same playing area. I got sick also after I thought the wife wasn't carrying and got too close. It started with soar thoart, headaches, fever, ended with soar throat. Lasted about week. I alway like to post ending results. Do I think for sure it was 100%? No. But IMO pretty good odds it was.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Virus can be pass through tainted food, the one meal was only thing different between us, wasn't food poisoning, nor cheese, or the Japanese restaurant, but in the same playing area. I got sick also after I thought the wife wasn't carrying and got too close. It started with soar thoart, headaches, fever, ended with soar throat. Lasted about week. I alway like to post ending results. Do I think for sure it was 100%? No. But IMO pretty good odds it was.
If it were a virus spread via the food, then there would be many reports of people getting sick that day from eating that particular menu item.

It's much more likely that you contracted the virus a week or two prior at the supermarket, or the gas station, or a rest room in a store or restaurant, and it took a week or two to manifest symptoms. That's USUALLY how virii work. It's an uncommon virus that makes you sick within a day of exposure.
Closed Thread

Tags
sick, restaurant, due, won’t, dining