smoking in restaurant patios

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2019, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I never smoked. Tried to start smoking several times. I even signed up for one of those start smoking programs, but it didn't work.
I LOVED smoking. I used to inhale down to my toes!!!! I started smoking because I was very self-conscious and used the cigarette as a confidence booster, then I got well and truly hooked. I stopped smoking when my young son used to push me away and say I smelled .... he probably saved my life.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 04-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Children can do that to you. I smoked til the day I got pregnant. I tried to quit seven different times before very seriously. But when I had the vision of an innocent child perhaps paying for the rest of their lives because of my habit. Made quitting suddenly easy.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I was a finish the 3rd pack open the 4th pack a day guy at the end of my career. I am not a very sensitive person and believe in Live & Let Live. Smoke is where I draw the line. When we go out to eat I find out the Policy of the restaurant first and will not subject any of us to wafting or waffleing or any smoke. Because I never listened to those who tried to stop me I have health problems, breathing-related that were self-induced. Shame on me.

Smoke near me or our GrandChildren and I'll ask nicely for you to stop, once.

The burning of stumps has been going on in Florida since forever and it's not going to change so when we smell it all plans are off and home we go! Usually when we are swimming.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage

Disney has removed the smoking areas from all the parks. Smokers now have designated areas outside the entrances, so they have to physically leave and re-enter. From my experiences there, this would be in response to the minority that ignored the regulations. This will create a little difficulty for us when my SIL visits as she smokes. She has always been considerate and only smokes on the lanai and at designated spots when we’re in the parks.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Disney has removed the smoking areas from all the parks. Smokers now have designated areas outside the entrances, so they have to physically leave and re-enter. From my experiences there, this would be in response to the minority that ignored the regulations. This will create a little difficulty for us when my SIL visits as she smokes. She has always been considerate and only smokes on the lanai and at designated spots when we’re in the parks.
With the proximity of the houses to each other in TV, it is not considerate to smoke on your lanai. Maybe you could provide your sister with some patches or restrict her smoking to the closed garage?
Old 04-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
With the proximity of the houses to each other in TV, it is not considerate to smoke on your lanai. Maybe you could provide your sister with some patches or restrict her smoking to the closed garage?
Our lanai faces Morse with no houses near it. Her smoke can’t bother anyone but us. But thanks for the suggestions.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
Our lanai faces Morse with no houses near it. Her smoke can’t bother anyone but us. But thanks for the suggestions.
What about your next-door neighbors?
Old 04-24-2019, 07:41 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
It's a sorry day when some would "suggest" to others what they "should" do on their own property. And yes, I'm a non- smoker.
Steve
Old 04-24-2019, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
It's a sorry day when some would "suggest" to others what they "should" do on their own property. And yes, I'm a non- smoker.
Steve
I would suggest any legal measure to anybody who subjected others unwillingly to something that endangers their health. It may be "their" property, but it's others' air space when it reaches them.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:40 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Man I wouldn't want to live next to you,
Steve

Last edited by anothersteve; 04-24-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
I would suggest any legal measure to anybody who subjected others unwillingly to something that endangers their health. It may be "their" property, but it's others' air space when it reaches them.
If a neighbor was "bothered" by an "offending" neighbor's smoking - why would it not be the responsibility of the offended to protect their personal air space and remedy their personal situation rather than attack the right of the smoker to live their own life in their own home? What is the degree of endangerment from second hand smoke after it has dissipated en route from one home to another?

How should a person with a respiratory ailment respond to the individual who enters their air space reeking of some fragrance that causes a violent coughing/breathing spell for the sufferer? Should the stinky person be made to leave or should the afflicted individual who was there first have to leave?

Old 04-24-2019, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post

Steve
It depends on what they do on their own property. Way too broad of a statement.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2019, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
What about your next-door neighbors?
Didn’t mean to create a controversy. Our site may be unique. The closest neighbor to our north is about 80 feet away, and to our south, about 75 feet away. We have golf cart paths between us and Morse. So there is no one anywhere near where she smokes. If we had kissing lanais or similar, she wouldn’t be out there. She is very considerate of others.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

I'm thankful noone in my neighborhood smokes skunkweed.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:12 AM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

Its Florida not the Northeast. I am a non smoker, but different attitudes in the South. Like it or not, smoking is still a legal activity. Outside patios in SOME places allow smoking. Some do not. If offended try another place, or go inside.
Closed Thread

Tags
love, restaurants, smoking, area, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.